Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David W Pratt
    • May 2005

Shelling Syria

If we shell Syria, and that helps Al Quaida, would that be considered treasonous?
  • ljb5
    • Jan 2004

Re: Shelling Syria

Originally posted by David W Pratt
    If we shell Syria, and that helps Al Quaida, would that be considered treasonous?
    Interesting question.

What was your position when we introduced al Qaeda to Iraq?
    ”If you look at it from a contextual standpoint, I think it's accurate. If you contextualize in concrete numbers fashion, it's not accurate."

Comment

• AndyG
      Still Not Banned Yet
      • Mar 2011

...Or when the US's Operation Cyclone (indirectly) funded their creation in Afghanistan?

Andy
      "In case of fire ring Fellside 75..."

Comment

• Gerarddm
        #RESIST
        • Feb 2010

It's these simple minded troll queries that make me tear out what little remains of my hair.
        Gerard>
        Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• beernd
          • Nov 2009

IMHO Syria is the second Afghanistan.
          After Assad will be ousted, the rebels will start fighting each other.

In the bad old days (way before the interwebs), Afghan moudjahedin fighters already stated, that after they would have beaten the Soviet Union, they would start fighting each other.
          And that's what's going to happen in Syria, unless the US or NATO, whoever, take military action, in that case everybody will start fighting the 'invaders'.
          And let us not make the same mistake as we did in Bosnia, by declaring one party, 'Serbia' as the bad guys and the other party, 'the UCK' as the good guys.

Syria is the same snake pit as Afghanistan.

Build refugee camps with, hospitals, schools, etc in the neighboring countries.
          And if the Arabian League is in favor of military intervention, just ask them the question when THEY will, start operations.

DUHH
          Don't worry I'm happy

"The law is what we have to live with.
          Justice is sometimes harder to achieve."

Sherlock Holmes

Comment

• Chris Coose
            • Sep 2001

If I am agnostic should I expect Santa to still bring gifts for my children?
            Study Peace

Comment

• ljb5
              • Jan 2004

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, would Darrell Issa blame Hillary?
              ”If you look at it from a contextual standpoint, I think it's accurate. If you contextualize in concrete numbers fashion, it's not accurate."

Comment

• Osborne Russell
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ljb5
                If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, would Darrell Issa blame Hillary?
                Spew !
                Do not speak of "our institutions" unless you make them yours by acting on their behalf.

Timothy Snyder, On Tyranny (2017)​

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                  # 7727
                  • Dec 2003

I don't think you have a grip on the legal technicalities that establish "treason".
                  Treason is the only felony that is called out in the US constitution. The founders, who knew what treason was, were so leery of such a law they made it almost impossible to proove.

Comment

• David W Pratt
                    • May 2005

Chuck-
                    I know i am standing on an Everest of ignorance about what constitutes treason, and what A Q's status is, hence the question

Comment

• ljb5
                      • Jan 2004

Chuck-
                      I know i am standing on an Everest of ignorance about what constitutes treason, and what A Q's status is, hence the question
                      My question in post #7 was a joke.

My question in post #2 was not.

Comment

Working...