PDA

View Full Version : Couple of interestding news reports on one of those less watched channels

John Smith
08-29-2013, 07:16 PM
I was checking out some of the channels in those channel numbers I generally skip over. Caught an interesting bit of news on two fronts, which will likely become bigger stories if they are true and if the major outlets pick them up.

The first was about the law firm Detroit's City Manager has hired; his old firm. It is running up legal bills in the millions of dollars that the taxpayers, even if they get out from under the pensions, will be responsible for.

The second story was about homeowners in Pa. who suffer problems from fracking. They can't insure their homes, they can't live in their homes, and they can't sell their homes.

I'll not be surprised to find that fracking related problem becomes a frequent problem across the country.

skuthorp
08-30-2013, 02:00 AM
Fracking is a contentious subject here as well.

bobbys
08-30-2013, 02:16 AM
When are you going to fix your other thread?

John Smith
08-30-2013, 06:43 AM

I posted an apology on that thread first thing this AM. When I wake up a bit I'll see what the tools let me do. I obviously screwed up the title. I also asked for forgiveness for apparently typing Christian when I must have meant Crazy.

Boater14
09-01-2013, 05:05 PM
PBS covers the stuff that ABC,CBS and Fox find too boring.

Glen Longino
09-01-2013, 05:22 PM

Ha! Looky here what I stumbled upon out here in the middle of the Lonesome Prairie and the dry tumbleweed!
It's the illiterate and dysfunctional and damn near dehydrated bobbys telling somebody to fix something!:D:D
Fix yourself, amigo!

John Smith
09-01-2013, 05:41 PM
All the other garbage aside, a fracking well drilled on property some distance from a home can render that home unlivable and unsellable.

I suppose some Americans will be proud of even this.

And, I guess it costs less for taxpayers to pay a big law firm than to make good on pensions.

Guessing by the reaction, either no one believes these things, or no one cares.

John Smith
09-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Here's another source on the fracking part

http://grist.org/climate-energy/fracking-boom-could-lead-to-housing-bust/

and the Detroit part

http://reason.com/blog/2013/07/11/detroits-emergency-manager-approves-14-m