PDA

View Full Version : one thread for trolls and flamers?

Paul Pless
08-24-2013, 09:08 AM
what if we had just one thread where (lets just take andev and ian, or glen and phillip, for examples) could go and call each other whatever they need to instead of completely sidetracking otherwise interesting and worthwhile conversations

Paul Pless
08-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Lefty could slander to his heart's content.can you really slander an anonymous troll?

beernd
08-24-2013, 09:29 AM
I would rather suggest two threads:
1) a flame thread for the trolls.
2) a troll thread for the flamers

And NO THREAD for NASCAR :arg

Even the lowly art of throwing horse manure at each other should have a certain low point beyond which no one should sink.
*quoting Skipper68* UGGH ;)

Paul Pless
08-24-2013, 09:31 AM
*quoting Skipper68* UGGH ;)rofl

Old Dryfoot
08-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Great idea!

However, are the trolls and flamers self aware to the point they know they are trolls and flamers?

Gerarddm
08-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Aye, now there's the rub.

bobbys
08-24-2013, 11:12 AM
How come the Australian government does not trust their peasants with shooting irons?

bobbys
08-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Bama has no birth certificate. he is a ferner!

bobbys
08-24-2013, 11:20 AM
pepsie not coke!

Glen Longino
08-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Speak of the devil...bobbys has just ruined another perfectly good thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

David G
08-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I, for one, REFUSE to be limited to ONE thread!!!

bobbys
08-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Are Red Sox players and fans spawn of the devil.?

The Bigfella
08-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Any truth to the rumour that excessive dope usage leads to paranoia and the need for an increasingly structured existence?

Paul Pless
08-25-2013, 10:40 AM
I, for one, REFUSE to be limited to ONE thread!!!or just one login for that matter

Rum_Pirate
08-25-2013, 10:46 AM
A google brings up

Flaming, also known as bashing, is hostile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostile) and insulting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulting) interaction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction) between Internet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet) users, often involving the use of profanity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity).

http://theflamewarforum.friendhood.net/

Flame trolling
Flame trolling is the posting of a provocative or offensive message (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message), known as "flamebait",[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)#cite_note-14) to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the poster often has no real interest in.[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)#cite_note-15) While flaming can occur as a result of legitimate debates or grievances, flame trolling implies the intentional posting of inflammatory, grossly offensive or menacing rhetoric or images for the fun of it in order to cause others harm.[16] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaming_(Internet)#cite_note-16)

Paul Pless
08-25-2013, 11:03 AM
fart

bobbys
08-25-2013, 11:55 AM
If America was not the great nation it is our British friends would be speaking German and our Australian and NZ peeps would be speaking Japanese!.

bobbys
08-25-2013, 12:01 PM
If America was as great a nation as you think it is, it's population would be capable of speaking, reading and writing English..

Your flame is good but no where as gooder as mine.!

Rum_Pirate
08-25-2013, 01:18 PM
If America was not the great nation it is our British friends would be speaking German and our Australian and NZ peeps would be speaking Japanese!.

Reminds me of this

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, “Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?”

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied, “Maybe it’s because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn’t have to speak German.”

You could have heard a pin drop.

extracted from here:

You could have heard a pin drop (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/chat/2728241/posts)

JFK’s Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60′s when Charles de Gaulle decided to pull out of NATO. De Gaulle said he wanted all US military out of France as soon as possible.

Rusk responded, “Does that include those who are buried here?”

DeGaulle did not respond.

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of ‘empire building’ by George Bush.

He answered by saying, “Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.”

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of the French engineers came back into the room saying, “Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intend to do, bomb them?”

A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: “Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?”

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries.

Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, “Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?”

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied, “Maybe it’s because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn’t have to speak German.”

And finally…

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.

“You have been to France before, monsieur?” the customs officer asked sarcastically.

Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.

“Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.”

The American said, “The last time I was here, I didn’t have to show it.”

“Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports upon arrival in France!”

The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, ”Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn’t find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to.”

Full Tilt
08-25-2013, 02:05 PM

Your flame is good but no where as gooder as mine.!

Not according to Admin. My flame has resulted in all my posts for the past week being deleted.

Mike :confused:

bobbys
08-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Not according to Admin. My flame has resulted in all my posts for the past week being deleted.

Mike :confused:.

HHHMMM well i suppose i have been bested!

Yeadon
08-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Solution below.

I wish to inform my fellow Forumites that as of September 1, posts to The Bilge will no longer be reflected in your official post count. Instead, they will be listed on a second line located below your non-bilge posts.

Using these two post counts (Bilge vs. Non-Bilge), your ratio of posts will then be compared on a quarterly basis.

Accordingly:

A ratio of 1 bilge post to 10+ non-bilge posts will earn a "Traditional Lapstrake" badge.
Those with ratios of 10+ bilge posts to 1 non-bilge post, you will earn an "I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE FOR A WHILE" badge.
Ratios anywhere between "Traditional Lapstrake" and "I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE FOR A WHILE" badges will receive the "Plywood Approximation" badge.
People with ratios of 1000+ bilge posts to 1 non-bilge posts would get a free subscription of the critically acclaimed self-help magazine "Going Bonkers."

Comments are not currently being solicited.

Thank you.

bobbys
08-25-2013, 02:40 PM
If evolution is true how come there are still monkeys?

Glen Longino
08-25-2013, 02:59 PM
If evolution is true how come there is still bobbys? Hmm?
Okay...if you really want the answer to your question, read Richard Dawkins' book on the subject...
"The Greatest Show On Earth: The Evidence For Evolution"!

leikec
08-25-2013, 03:22 PM
If evolution is true how come there are still monkeys?

Evolution is truer for some than for others... :D

Jeff C

Glen Longino
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Evolution is truer for some than for others... :D

Jeff C
I rest my case!:)
Actually, bobbys is biologically a sound and bonafide Homo sapiens sapiens!
Culturally and intellectually, however, he represents the missing link between rats and apes!
It's possible that if I continue to work with bobbys, he may eventually learn to capitalize words, use punctuation, craft complete sentences and paragraphs, and even crawl out of that dark dismal cave he hides in.;)

Bobby of Tulsa
08-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Culturally and intellectually he represents the missing link between rats and apes!
It's possible that if I continue to work with bobbys, he may eventually learn to capitalize words, use punctuation, craft complete sentences and paragraphs, and even crawl out of that dark dismal cave he hides in.;) Ut oh.

leikec
08-25-2013, 03:46 PM
bobbys is ok with me. Give him time, Glen...there's a humanitarian in there somewhere.

Jeff C

Old Dryfoot
08-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Culturally and intellectually he represents the missing link between rats and apes!
It's possible that if I continue to work with bobbys, he may eventually learn to capitalize words, use punctuation, craft complete sentences and paragraphs, and even crawl out of that dark dismal cave he hides in.;)

But would he still be throwing poo everywhere?

:D:D

Cuyahoga Chuck
08-25-2013, 03:49 PM
what if we had just one thread where (lets just take andev and ian, or glen and phillip, for examples) could go and call each other whatever they need to instead of completely sidetracking otherwise interesting and worthwhile conversations

Most of us got an "ignore" capability. How about you?

Glen Longino
08-25-2013, 03:51 PM
But would he still be throwing poo everywhere?

:D:D

Hell, he throws it at me whenever he sees me!
I doubt he will change!;)
Then he rudely calls me poo poo face!
I've complained to Scot about it but Scot says, "What do you expect, he's a missing link...Duh!":)

Bobby of Tulsa
08-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Bobbys, come to the Pub. Free Shirley Temple's, and ice cream cones.

Glen Longino
08-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Watch him Bobby!
Don't let him start a fire or get near any sharp instruments!
I'll pour him a jar of Tequila...second thought he's unruly enough already!:)
But I'll pour you a jar!

S.V. Airlie
08-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Apparantly, trolls don't post on the "Who We Are." thread.

Glen Longino
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Apparantly, trolls don't post on the "Who We Are." thread.

Yes you did...I saw it with my own eyes!;)

bobbys
08-25-2013, 11:23 PM
It's possible that if I continue to work with bobbys, he may eventually learn to capitalize words, use punctuation, craft complete sentences and paragraphs, and even crawl out of that dark dismal cave he hides in.;).

I had all sorts of cool trolls and flames on this thread.

Wadda you got?.

Nutting dats what!.

I covered the Australians to evolution and you just sat there with poo on your face!.

I hereby declare me self the winner of this thread!

Glen Longino
08-26-2013, 12:23 AM
:)Hey, you never could have won without my help!
I suspect we both demonstrated Paul's point in his OP!
He started this thread just for you and me.
The least we can do is give him a fair dose of disgust with our behavior...right?:)
Have a good night my frien...er, I mean....

bobbys
08-26-2013, 12:37 AM
:)Hey, you never could have won without my help!
I suspect we both demonstrated Paul's point in his OP!
He started this thread just for you and me.
The least we can do is give him a fair dose of disgust with our behavior...right?:)
Have a good night my frien...er, I mean.....

Nighty night , sleep tight and dont let the bed bugs bite!

Glen Longino
08-26-2013, 12:45 AM

Nighty night , sleep tight and dont let the bed bugs bite!

Good night Gracie!(C)PA
By the way, where is that slacker, Phillip? And Jamie? And pefjr? And Rum Pirate? And genglandoh? Where are all those REAL TROLLS?
They are missing out on a thread with their names on it! Goldanged Slackers!

S.V. Airlie
08-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Yes you did...I saw it with my own eyes!;)I did! How about you and Wart? I may need glasses but see yours or wart's TROLL!:)