PDA

View Full Version : American Healthcare blah blah blah

Jim Bow
08-14-2013, 11:35 AM
In 2012 my son in law had a spinal condition that was misdiagnosed for 3 months because his health insurance did not see the need for an MRI. 3 months of trying to sleep in a chair, while raising two children, and working as a music teacher. He was in a band at the time and had to cancel a dozen income producing gigs because he could not stand up on stage.

Finaly, the chief diagnostician at the hospital demanded an MRI. Problem spotted that afternoon, surgery two days later, problem solved. Three additional months of PT and he was good as new.

Meanwhile, the same health insurance company, MODA, has just signed a $40 million contract to have their name placed on the Portland basketball arena.

$40 million could provide a lot of services to the insurees.

John Smith
08-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Ain't our system wonderful? Some will tell you it's the best in the world.

Obamacare will in one way address this. The insurance carrier will have to spend 80 -85% (depending on size) of its total revenue on benefits. Or send refunds. This should make them less inclined to deny tests.

This is also an excellent example of private health insurance coming BETWEEN a doctor and his patient.

bobbys
08-14-2013, 12:41 PM
blah blah blah......

Nicholas Scheuer
08-14-2013, 12:57 PM
We DO have the "greatest healthcare system in the World", judging by the wealth of the Physicians.

bobbys
08-14-2013, 01:13 PM
I get it. This didn't happen to YOU, therefore it is meaningless.... right?.

HHHMMMM no just responding with a blah blah blah but thank you for interpreting what you think i think.

CWSmith
08-14-2013, 01:32 PM
We have the government we deserve and the health care, too. We possess the full power to change the situation, but if voters are distracted by issues like gay rights, abortion, taxes, etc., they will never vote OUT the politician in the pocket of the insurance company and vote IN someone who will change it.

And don't tell me they are all the same. They are the same because we allow ourselves to be swayed by advertising and lies. Look into someone's real record and ignore what the money says. We can do it if we want it and we should stop complaining if we don't.

Gerarddm
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
^ +1

Reynard38
08-14-2013, 03:15 PM
They may not start out the same, but once the $$ rolls in they all serve the same master. And it ain't us!