PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorta Holdin' My Nose For Two Years

wardd
08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
nobody loves mcconell

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/jesse-benton-recording_n_3726708.html

John of Phoenix
08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
This takes "Reds eat their own" to a new level.

I love it.

S.V. Airlie
08-08-2013, 04:03 PM
The duck pond needs to be cleaned out right?

Gerarddm
08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I love how he issues a 180 degree 'clarification' to the sentiments previously expressed in a recorded conversation, LOL.

Takes chutzpah to a higher level.

Yertle deserves tools like that.

John Smith
08-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I must have missed something. Is McConnell running against Paul? Why can McConnell's campaign manager be holding his nose for two more years of Obama, be supportive of McConnell staying in the senate, and supportive of Paul's presidential campaign?

wardd
08-08-2013, 04:21 PM
The duck pond needs to be cleaned out right?

the republican duck pondscum?

S.V. Airlie
08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm surprised you have Republican ducks. Not like you unless you are putting them in the oven and having a special on Peking ducks.

wardd
08-08-2013, 04:26 PM
pekin

John of Phoenix
08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
I must have missed something. Is McConnell running against Paul? Why can McConnell's campaign manager be holding his nose for two more years of Obama, be supportive of McConnell staying in the senate, and supportive of Paul's presidential campaign?

Benton's comment about McConnell underscores the tension between the Senate minority leader and the tea party as he runs for reelection. McConnell hired Benton, a former spokesman for then-Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) and campaign manager for Rand Paul's successful 2010 Senate run (http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/09/13/jesse_benton_here_s_why_ron_paul_s_spokesman_will_ work_for_mitch_mcconnell.html), in an apparent effort to bolster his credentials with more libertarian elements in the Republican Party. Nevertheless, McConnell is facing a tea party-aligned challenger, Matthew Bevin, in next year's GOP primary.This is a TP guy selling out an old line red. Benton is basically a Rand Paul mole with no loyalty to the GOP.

Tom Montgomery
08-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Rand Paul has endorsed Mitch McConnell for reelection to the U.S. Senate.

Why? Because Rand Paul has presidential ambitions and realizes McConnell's vast fund raising resources can help in in a way no tea party non-entity can. So much for his tea-party principles. Rand Paul is a study in naked ambition.

Mrleft8
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM

Why? Because Rand Paul has presidential ambitions and realizes McConnell's vast fund raising resources can help in in a way no tea party non-entity can. So much for his tea-party principles. Rand Paul is a study in naked ambition.

Rand Paul is a study in what's the most disgusting in politics.

wardd
08-08-2013, 05:29 PM

did you have to say naked?