PDA

View Full Version : side blast

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
if Zimmerman 'commited' self-defense then it follows that Martin was NOT the victim... a little fast and loose today Mr. side-blaster?

I've had enough of your 'sideways blast' bull**** over the last few days. Let me explain to you what a sideways blast is, in the context that I used it. When you called PMJ out the other day by name on a thread derogatorily, the fact that he hasn't posted to the forum in over three months, yet you decide to go after him to score some political points, that is what I was referring to. . .

John of Phoenix
08-07-2013, 02:35 PM
And you want him to use the term in context? Such lofty expectations.

Phillip Allen
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
I've had enough of your 'sideways blast' bull**** over the last few days. Let me explain to you what a sideways blast is, in the context that I used it. When you called PMJ out the other day by name on a thread derogatorily, the fact that he hasn't posted to the forum in over three months, yet you decide to go after him to score some political points, that is what I was referring to. . .

here is a sideways blast... "bang bang-shoot shoot"
AND, in fact I called NO ONE out at all but I did point out to Tom that "if anyone' was called out..." which was an exaggeration of my question to you... the one that went "Is that what you mean to do?"

calling that a sideways blast was bogus then and remains so today... I've had enough of PA baiting/bateing (whichever)

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 02:39 PM
I've had enough of PA baiting/bateing (whichever)you mostly do it to yourself by placing yourself on a pedestal

Phillip Allen
08-07-2013, 02:42 PM
you mostly do it to yourself by sitting yourself on a pedestal

I'm sure you see it that way... requiring action similar to the three toddlers in the op

John of Phoenix
08-07-2013, 02:45 PM
in fact I called NO ONE out at all Right, that's why the thread was Poofed. What a joke. :D

John of Phoenix
08-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm sure you see it that way... requiring action similar to the three toddlers in the opToddlers? What the hell's wrong with you? They're 16, 17 and 18 years old. And that's on another thread.

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't know either Fred. I mentioned to a woodenboat forum friend a few days ago that I should put Phillip back on ignore. He replied, "that's gonna leave a significant hole in the bilge. . ."

S.V. Airlie
08-07-2013, 03:11 PM
FART! Nothin' else worth saying here. Have a good day playing in the sandbox.(All of you!!!)

Phillip Allen
08-07-2013, 04:24 PM
See, I don’t understand why so many of you engage Phillip at all. You all know that he’s not looking for reasonable conversation, but you feed his need for attention anyway, and then get upset at his Tylerdurdenish insults. (just since Monday) -

I believe you... (shaking my head now)

another side-blast?

must be the people who think the government is gonna protect them... lots of them here in the bilge

more rogue police stuff... just to show the personality type... recognise anyone?

and I'll mispell words just to hear glen's voice crack

the other day Glen's voice went up two octaves over my misspelled word... the strain left him panting for clean pants
(I thought maybe someone had stepped on a poodle :) )

he's pretty consistant at 'side blasts'

I don't suppose anyone noticed the change to the thread title...?
(Gratuitous, accusatory shouting match about predation correction)

I'll get over it and counter attack eventually...

moving (tractor) pens are not practical... I'm not going to waste time explaining to anyone
all other options have been tried... I'm not gonna talk about that either...
get over yuourselves

... and you can stop the machinegun crap, Jamie. Are you channeling Tom?

wave your arms and accuse one another to your heart's content

I'm getting tired of your blatent rudeness... maybe you need some Preperation H

you have written an amazing bit of 'Little Brown Brother' rhetoric

townies... rolling eyes now

you need to re read the op now... Einstein

I'm still disappointed that Paul will accept PMJ's 'blasts' but complain about others' 'blasts'... Do you do that on purpose, Paul?
does anyone recall PMJ's many statements that he would NEVER come to the United States because he was afraid he would be shot with a handgun?

what a cherry picker... and all without exposing what led to the comments... very fair-minded you are

and I'm gonna save this quote just so you can be reminded of your own foolish commentary at some future date

Phillip Allen
08-07-2013, 04:27 PM
this has been a good reminder of how some people are able to 'clean up' their memories :)

John of Phoenix
08-07-2013, 04:33 PM
:D In all my years, in all my travels, I've never encountered anyone, anywhere less self-aware than this. :D

and I'm gonna save this quote just so you can be reminded of your own foolish commentary at some future date

Phillip Allen
08-07-2013, 04:34 PM
slow learner?

John of Phoenix
08-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Well... I guess so now that you mention it, you are pretty slow.

pefjr
08-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I've had enough of your 'sideways blast' bull**** over the last few days. Let me explain to you what a sideways blast is, in the context that I used it. When you called PMJ out the other day by name on a thread derogatorily, the fact that he hasn't posted to the forum in over three months, yet you decide to go after him to score some political points, that is what I was referring to. . .These side blasts you speak of...do they apply to the ones I see regularly with tylerdurden, Sam F, or others that I can't recall immediately, but that are not here for much longer than 3 mos. or just to PMJ? Is he a Buddy of yours and you only take offense with him getting a side blast?
Also, I never saw you complain with all the bad mouthing that PMJ was doing. Why?

Lew Barrett
08-07-2013, 08:31 PM
I believe the specific incident was more a matter of timing than of protecting Peter who is well able to protect himself.

The Bilge has itself to blame (for the most part) by giving oxygen to trolls. I'm much less patient lately and will no longer abstain from taking a shot when it please me, but for the most part I just ignore those whom I judge have little by way of independent thought or provide little humor and whose main attributes are quick trigger fingers and pointless asides, and especially those who claim that the behavior of others is predictable and outre while behaving like stuck Xerox machines in their own right.

Objects should just be left to ramble on without response. It is a very effective tactic that soon makes it's point without waste of emotion or focus.

Keith Wilson
08-07-2013, 08:36 PM
A well-populated ignore list is an excellent thing, IMHO. Life is too short to read some people's writing.

Lew Barrett
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
A well-populated ignore list is an excellent thing, IMHO. Life is too short to read some people's writing.

On the other hand, we have here some excellent and exceptionally well informed authors and authorities, and for that purpose, this forum ranks at the top of my list. I cherish the friends I have made here and would be bereft without the contact regularly provided. And my list, as so many must, includes Paul Pless and a good number of others populating even this thread. To include you too, Keith, even though you never call or write and rarely address me by name.

I don't have a formal ignore list, but have become practiced at ignoring by will alone. It's easy. I don't often address people whose opinions I rarely think well of. A well developed sense of humor is a quality I value highly and that will enable discussion even with those who I think are completely off in left field on a topic.

David G
08-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Couldn't agree more --

This message is hidden because Phillip Allen is on your ignore list (http://forum.woodenboat.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
This message is hidden because pefjr is on your ignore list (http://forum.woodenboat.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
Neither leaves any significant hole in my Bilge reading, conversation, or education.

skipper68
08-07-2013, 08:56 PM
IF you get a side blast, just be polite and act like an idjit. they go hit some one who GAS instead.;)
Deflect.

Keith Wilson
08-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Lew, we do indeed have many fine people here. That's why I still hang around here after all this time. In fact, I think that Phillip Allen is probably a very good guy in reality; I just don't want to read most of what he writes, and I don't have your willpower. I have some 60-odd people on my ignore list, but only a couple of them are still around.

Keith Wilson
08-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Yeah, some of those sixty are very, very odd.

Gerarddm
08-07-2013, 10:39 PM
But, but... whacking moles like Phillip is great excercise. And SO utterly reliable. One can actually start giggling after awhile for the amusement factor alone.

skipper68
08-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Odd is in the eyes of the Dr.
The rest of us are just challenged. :D
I only come here because some are reasonable-others are VERY entertaining.

Then they be gone. :(
Dang shame!
I will miss me, if I have an episode I can type! ;) :D

Waddie
08-07-2013, 11:04 PM
I don' need no stinkin' ignore list... Just don't read their posts if it gets you all worked up. Easy peasy...

To get angry with someone you have to believe their opinion matters. Worse than hate is indifference. So practice indifference. It's heart healthy. :)

regards,
Waddie

Bob Cleek
08-07-2013, 11:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Lew Barrett
08-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Lew, we do indeed have many fine people here. That's why I still hang around here after all this time. In fact, I think that Phillip Allen is probably a very good guy in reality; I just don't want to read most of what he writes, and I don't have your willpower. I have some 60-odd people on my ignore list, but only a couple of them are still around.

I'll play with this concept. I can't say how many posts I've written and then hit the "cancel" button on when I realized I'd be sinking to a level I don't want to go to. And that's the real reason for ignoring idiotic verbiage, something by the way, I credit you in spades with practicing. By responding we are inevitably drawn into the same behavior. Like you, I don't do it for the other guy. I do it for me.

I agree in respect to Phillip because I've met him and in the flesh, he is a perfectly regular guy.
Phillip, as you know, I am of the sentiment that this forum or format does not always elicit your best, but I do have serious reservations about how we are now expressing that. I think this thread should disappear and to the extent that I have broken my own rules, I intend to do the same here.

leikec
08-07-2013, 11:55 PM
I'll play with this concept. I can't say how many posts I've written and then hit the "cancel" button on when I realized I'd be sinking to a level I don't want to go to. And that's the real reason for ignoring idiotic verbiage, something by the way, I credit you in spades with practicing. By responding we are inevitably drawn into the same behavior. Like you, I don't do it for the other guy. I do it for me.

I agree in respect to Phillip because I've met him and in the flesh, he is a perfectly regular guy.

Phillip, I am in the group with the sentiment that this forum does not always bring out the best in you.

Right on.

Jeff C

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-08-2013, 12:00 AM
"Side blast", has an entirely different meaning in my world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5_0Ju352A

skipper68
08-08-2013, 12:02 AM
I don' need no stinkin' ignore list... Just don't read their posts if it gets you all worked up. Easy peasy...

To get angry with someone you have to believe their opinion matters. Worse than hate is indifference. So practice indifference. It's heart healthy. I agree-just sit back and enjoy the show.

I personally had an issue I was adamant with.
I had a 3 word message from Scot!
I shivered me timbers opining it.

The message?
"Knock it off"
Luv you OH SCOT THE GREAT AND POWERFUL.
I WAS WRONG.
And I will still apoligize.
I sent a PM apoligy.
That was the right fight-wrong gender.

pcford
08-08-2013, 12:31 AM
"Side blast", has an entirely different meaning in my world.

Well...Pless first used the term...only natural.