PDA

View Full Version : Liz Cheney lies to obtain fishing license

wardd
08-06-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/liz-cheney-wyoming-fishing-license_n_3712879.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

The Casper Star-Tribune reported Monday that Cheney received a Wyoming fishing license (http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/liz-cheney-listed-as--year-wyomingite-gets-resident-fishing/article_d764ebbc-7d00-5358-88f2-8029198beff7.html) hundreds of days earlier than state law allows. The Wyoming Game & Fish Department website (http://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/hunting-1001081.aspx) notes that a person must live in Wyoming for one full year before receiving a license.

Gerarddm
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Some are more equal than others?

pefjr
08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I smell fish. A slow day at the Huff. However the lefties will have a gang here shortly roasting all Repubs. within 3000 miles of Wyoming. BTW, she is cute, lot prettier than Ms Weiner, huh Norm?

ccmanuals
08-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I smell fish. A slow day at the Huff. However the lefties will have a gang here shortly roasting all Repubs. within 3000 miles of Wyoming. BTW, she is cute, lot prettier than Ms Weiner, huh Norm?

Cheney prettier than Huma, not hardly,

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BZladpuyjd4/TeeCxjsbG-I/AAAAAAAAGOM/B8LjGvC8RnU/s640/huma+abedin+weiner.jpg

Rich Jones
08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Here in Vermont, you can get a resident or non-resident fishing license. Perhaps she got a non-resident license? Nah.... what's the fun in that. Somebody get a rope!!

pefjr
08-06-2013, 04:04 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BZladpuyjd4/TeeCxjsbG-I/AAAAAAAAGOM/B8LjGvC8RnU/s640/huma+abedin+weiner.jpgGet her a home in Kentucky, she's a shoo in.

seanz
08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
What's the problem? I thought lying was an integral part of fishing.

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Someone honestly named their daughter "Huma"?...... And then she went and married a guy named "Wiener"?
Imagine calling the neighborhood gay bar at midnight on a Friday and asking if there's a "Huma Wiener" there....

S.V. Airlie
08-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Of course you BELIEVE HUFFYPOOP Wart. Not surprised by that. Lets talk about who publishes your favorite rag. This slander is typical of the rag's owner.

Arizona Bay
08-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Someone honestly named their daughter "Huma"?...... And then she went and married a guy named "Wiener"?
Imagine calling the neighborhood gay bar at midnight on a Friday and asking if there's a "Huma Wiener" there....

Which raises the question... Why is she at a gay bar at midnight on Friday?

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Only problem is her name is Huma Mahmood Abedin not Huma Weiner, see the difference?
No. Do you?

Mrleft8
Which raises the question... Why is she at a gay bar at midnight on Friday?

Because it's safe.

seanz
For men maybe, women rarely lie...at least about size.

Clothes shopping being the notable exception......

wardd
08-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Of course you BELIEVE HUFFYPOOP Wart. Not surprised by that. Lets talk about who publishes your favorite rag. This slander is typical of the rag's owner.

did she or did she not obtain a fishing license?

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 04:50 PM
A blind man walks past the Star*Kist Tuna factory.....

S.V. Airlie
08-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Dougy, go back to your most recent National Enquirer. Be entertained but wear your aluminum hat. You might believe some of the articles. Oh, it's not the National Enquirer you are reading, it's Huffypoop!

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Well yeah, Abedin starts with an "A" Weiner with a "W"

Both letters in the alphabet as far as I can see.....

Arizona Bay
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
A blind man walks past the Star*Kist Tuna factory.....
Which is the name of the gay bar in Casper Wyoming (and which is, unknown to Jamie, where the original article was published)

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Well....... I'll be dipt in dawg doo......!!!!!!!!!!! There ya GO!

pefjr
08-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Clothes shopping being the notable exception......You really don't know any women do you?

Mrleft8
08-06-2013, 05:29 PM
You really don't know any women do you?

Not women like the kind you're talking about prolly..... Diff'rent types.... You know.... With ideas and such.....

Chip-skiff
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM

Stow the Huffypoop blather. Here is the original story from a Wyoming paper.

2013-08-05
Liz Cheney listed as 10-year Wyomingite, gets resident fishing license early
By KYLE ROERINK Star-Tribune staff writer Casper Star-Tribune Online

Senate candidate Liz Cheney improperly received a state resident fishing license based on an application with incorrect information, according to Wyoming Game and Fish Department records.
Cheney, who last month announced she will challenge Sen. Mike Enzi in the 2014 Republican primary, received her resident license just 72 days after closing on her Wilson house in May 2012. State law requires residents live in the state 365 consecutive days before they can receive a resident hunting or fishing license, which are cheaper than out-of-state licenses.

Cheney’s application also lists her as a 10-year resident of Wyoming.

The Game and Fish records are incorrect, Cheney told the Star-Tribune.

“The clerk must have made a mistake,” she said. “I never claimed to be a 10-year resident.”

One year ago — more than two months after Cheney moved to Teton County from Virginia — she bought a fishing license at Westbank Anglers in Teton Village. Cheney said the clerk asked if she was a resident. Cheney said she replied with a yes. When residents purchase fishing and hunting licenses, store clerks have a list of questions from a Game and Fish application that they are required to ask customers. The questions include proof of address, date of birth and length of residency.

“You can’t go further if you don’t answer the questions,” said Ned Smith, an employee at Westbank Anglers.

Cheney said she answered all of the questions truthfully.

The employee who asked Cheney the questions no longer works at Westbank Anglers, Smith said.

Game and Fish officials don’t know how the discrepancies happened, said Mark Nelson, project coordinator for Game and Fish. There are penalties for submitting incorrect information on an application, he said.

The fine for a false statement on the application is $220 and is a misdemeanor, he said. If Game and Fish imposes the fine and Cheney chooses to contest the fine in court, a judge could ratchet up the fine to $1,000. “At this point we’re going to follow up on this like any other residency issues,” Nelson said. “It’s at the initial stages of verification.”

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Well....... I'll be dipt in dawg doo......!!!!!!!!!!! There ya GO!

Careful, you might lose that safe status at your gay bar

Glen Longino
08-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Casper Star-Tribune, Jamie!
Quit while you're Behind!:D

Monkey Butler
08-06-2013, 05:45 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BZladpuyjd4/TeeCxjsbG-I/AAAAAAAAGOM/B8LjGvC8RnU/s640/huma+abedin+weiner.jpg

I don't think that's Huma. Looks more like my old girlfriend Susanna, yeah that's the ticket...

Huma looks more like Rhoda Morgenstern worked over with an ugly stick:

wardd
08-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Stow the Huffypoop blather. Here is the original story from a Wyoming paper.

2013-08-05
Liz Cheney listed as 10-year Wyomingite, gets resident fishing license early
By KYLE ROERINK Star-Tribune staff writer Casper Star-Tribune Online

Senate candidate Liz Cheney improperly received a state resident fishing license based on an application with incorrect information, according to Wyoming Game and Fish Department records.
Cheney, who last month announced she will challenge Sen. Mike Enzi in the 2014 Republican primary, received her resident license just 72 days after closing on her Wilson house in May 2012. State law requires residents live in the state 365 consecutive days before they can receive a resident hunting or fishing license, which are cheaper than out-of-state licenses.

Cheney’s application also lists her as a 10-year resident of Wyoming.

The Game and Fish records are incorrect, Cheney told the Star-Tribune.

“The clerk must have made a mistake,” she said. “I never claimed to be a 10-year resident.”

One year ago — more than two months after Cheney moved to Teton County from Virginia — she bought a fishing license at Westbank Anglers in Teton Village. Cheney said the clerk asked if she was a resident. Cheney said she replied with a yes. When residents purchase fishing and hunting licenses, store clerks have a list of questions from a Game and Fish application that they are required to ask customers. The questions include proof of address, date of birth and length of residency.

“You can’t go further if you don’t answer the questions,” said Ned Smith, an employee at Westbank Anglers.

Cheney said she answered all of the questions truthfully.

The employee who asked Cheney the questions no longer works at Westbank Anglers, Smith said.

Game and Fish officials don’t know how the discrepancies happened, said Mark Nelson, project coordinator for Game and Fish. There are penalties for submitting incorrect information on an application, he said.

The fine for a false statement on the application is $220 and is a misdemeanor, he said. If Game and Fish imposes the fine and Cheney chooses to contest the fine in court, a judge could ratchet up the fine to $1,000. “At this point we’re going to follow up on this like any other residency issues,” Nelson said. “It’s at the initial stages of verification.”

you just don't get it, the story is tainted because it was mentioned in huffypoop and jamie has difficulty because of the coherency and big words in huffypoop

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 05:56 PM
The real issue here is the stupidity of the requirements

wardd
08-06-2013, 05:58 PM
The real issue here is the stupidity of the requirements

the issue is did she circumvent the law, whatever that law was

if she doesn't like the law she should run for office and change the law, in wyoming

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Or the clerk, or whatever. Big deal. Stupid law.

wardd
08-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Or the clerk, or whatever. Big deal. Stupid law.

do we get to decide which laws we obey?

i don't like the law that says i have to drive on the right, i want my half of the road in the middle

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM

i don't like the law that says i have to drive on the right, i want my half of the road in the middle

This seems to be a law designed to restrict the rights of some people. Very anti American

wardd
08-06-2013, 06:14 PM
This seems to be a law designed to restrict the rights of some people. Very anti American

are you talking about voter id?

seanz
08-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Move to NZ, you'll fit right in.
:)

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 07:18 PM
There nothing at all stupid about the requirements. The state is responsible for wildlife in the state. Management costs money.

Of course... but creating classes of individuals (eg out of state, in state - but haven't lived here long enough, in-state - hasn't crossed the state border for a year, etc) some of whom are taxed differently is VERY British, don't you think?

I'd have thought you guys would be clambering over the barricades at the state legislature, demanding equality?

Glen Longino
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Of course... but creating classes of individuals (eg out of state, in state - but haven't lived here long enough, in-state - hasn't crossed the state border for a year, etc) some of whom are taxed differently is VERY British, don't you think?

I'd have thought you guys would be clambering over the barricades at the state legislature, demanding equality?

You're sounding more and more like pefjr and Phillip Allen!
Not your intent, I'm sure!:)

Captain Intrepid
08-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Which raises the question... Why is she at a gay bar at midnight on Friday? Because she's not incredibly insecure in her sexuality?

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM
You're sounding more and more like pefjr and Phillip Allen!
Not your intent, I'm sure!:)

You are 100% correct, sir (second sentence only though).

However, I still come back to this issue of different classes of individual.

I can, perhaps, wear the discount for locals, but basing it on time served is just crazy. What on earth does where you've lived, and for how long, have to do with funding the management of the resource?

Jimmy W
08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
What on earth does where you've lived, and for how long, have to do with funding the management of the resource?

Because it has an effect on the state taxes paid.

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Because it has an effect on the state taxes paid.

Poppycock.

In 2011, just 6% of Wyoming residents had a different state of residence one year prior.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/migration/data/acs/state-to-state.html

I can't load the hunting and fishing link off the Wyoming government's website... possibly they've realised how stupid it is?

That aside, if a fiscal penalty to the subset (aparently one quarter) of those 6% who've moved there in the last 12 months is what determines the success or otherwise of the state's wildlife management program, then you folks have some serious problems with your bureaucrats.

What I'm interested in is why you folks tolerate an illogical penalty on 1.5% of the population in that state? Its a bloody nonsense.

CWSmith
08-06-2013, 09:40 PM
It's a character issue. If you lie about a small thing, you'll lie about a large thing.

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 09:53 PM
It's a character issue. If you lie about a small thing, you'll lie about a large thing.

I don't have a problem with that. I guess you should hang her. Make sure the hangman has never lied to get a lower price on anything.

What hasn't been resolved though, is did she lie or, did the person selling the licence either lie or make an error?

Waddie
08-06-2013, 09:57 PM

So that's what women won't lie about !!!! Large things.

I do know they lie about their age...... and shoe size....... and if their boobs are real........ (which doesn't matter to me)........ :)

regards,
Waddie

hokiefan
08-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Poppycock.

In 2011, just 6% of Wyoming residents had a different state of residence one year prior.

I can't load the hunting and fishing link off the Wyoming government's website... possibly they've realised how stupid it is?

That aside, if a fiscal penalty to the subset (aparently one quarter) of those 6% who've moved there in the last 12 months is what determines the success or otherwise of the state's wildlife management program, then you folks have some serious problems with your bureaucrats.

What I'm interested in is why you folks tolerate an illogical penalty on 1.5% of the population in that state? Its a bloody nonsense.

Every state charges more for a non-resident fishing or hunting license than for a resident. Popular hunting and fishing destinations have a bigger differential. Thats the way it is.

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

I do know they lie about their age...... and shoe size....... and if their boobs are real........ (which doesn't matter to me)........ :)

regards,
Waddie

C'mon, unreal boobs are just blech!

Waddie
08-06-2013, 10:09 PM
C'mon, unreal boobs are just blech!

With your high standards I'll bet you don't date much.........

regards,
Waddie

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Every state charges more for a non-resident fishing or hunting license than for a resident. Popular hunting and fishing destinations have a bigger differential. Thats the way it is.

"That's the way it is" is a pretty sad excuse for a lot of crap. That aside, however, the issue isn't about that... its about applying a third factor - a qualifying period for acceptance as a resident.

Irons
08-06-2013, 10:32 PM

regards,
Waddie

hahaha oh boy.

hokiefan
08-06-2013, 10:52 PM
"That's the way it is" is a pretty sad excuse for a lot of crap. That aside, however, the issue isn't about that... its about applying a third factor - a qualifying period for acceptance as a resident.

Every state also has their own rules about what it takes to become a resident. They vary. That's the way it is.

The Bigfella
08-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Every state also has their own rules about what it takes to become a resident. They vary. That's the way it is.

Do you have to give up your voting rights for a year too, if you move between states?

Canoeyawl
08-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Do you have to give up your voting rights for a year too, if you move between states?

That depends on the state, and whether or not you have a drivers licence or acceptable form of ID and can pass the literacy test.

Glen Longino
08-07-2013, 12:26 AM
hahaha oh boy.

Very first post on WBF is this response to Waddie?
Good luck, Irons, and welcome!:)

Glen Longino
08-07-2013, 12:30 AM

No!!

Glen Longino
08-07-2013, 12:31 AM
With your high standards I'll bet you don't date much.........

regards,
Waddie

I bet he does!;)

Jim Bow
08-07-2013, 12:32 AM
I'd wait until she tries to use it and get'er fer poaching fish from law abiding Wyomingites.

I think they're called Wyomingians.

Glen Longino
08-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Wyomingarians!

Glen Longino
08-07-2013, 12:37 AM
Or, better yet, Wyominglodytes, eh, Chip?:)
Not to be confused with Texlodytes or Arklodytes!

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Every state charges more for a non-resident fishing or hunting license than for a resident. Popular hunting and fishing destinations have a bigger differential. Thats the way it is.Michigan does not. And Michigan is one hell of a fishing destination.

Ian McColgin
08-07-2013, 06:26 AM
While I am happy to consider any Cheney guilty of any perfidious behavior, the 10 year bit could well be someone else's doing, filling in an application does not mean she knew and was trying to break that obscure law. It's just an internecine squabble where Ms Cheney feels entitled to bump off an long serving equally right wing jerk. They so deserve each other.

skuthorp
08-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Storm in a 'teacup' (Heh, heh:D)

Mrleft8
08-07-2013, 06:56 AM
I think they're called Wyomingians.

Wyomingarians!

Wanigans? It is Wyomingite, just like Hutterite.

Wimmin.

PhaseLockedLoop
08-07-2013, 11:30 AM

Michigan does not. And Michigan is one hell of a fishing destination.

Don't know about fishing. But:

Michigan deer hunting fees:

Resident Firearm Deer:------------------- 15.00
Senior Firearm Deer (residents only) ----6.00
Nonresident Firearm Deer --------------138.00
Senior Archery Deer (residents only)---- 6.00
Nonresident Archery Deer --------------138.00
Combination deer resident --------------30.00
Combination Deer nonresident ------- 276.00

ccmanuals
08-07-2013, 11:48 AM
You have nonresident deer in MI? ;)

PhaseLockedLoop
08-07-2013, 11:57 AM
They do for fishing if you are going for all species. $28 for residents and $42 for non-residents. I happily pay it both for fishing and hunting in Michigan when I can, wildlife gets too few dollars as it is. I figure the only folks who gripe about it don't know squat about running a government agency. I buy licenses and duck stamps in my own state every year whether or not I ever get the chance to use them.

Yep, you're right. They're talking about raising the nonresident all-species fishing fee to $76. By the way, resident seniors can buy an all-species license for $11.20, or a limited license (no trout or salmon, I think) for $6.

pefjr
08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Wonder if Liz can bait her own hook? dig worms? or tie a fly? If so, she might make a good fishing partner. She can fish my creek, and no license needed.

pefjr
08-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Real fishermen don't use bait.I use it all the time right here in the bilge.
Caught several on the same piece of bait. Time and time again. They never recognize the bait, and never seem to tire.

PhaseLockedLoop
08-07-2013, 02:58 PM
What do you fish for if you ain't fishing for trout or salmon?

Bass. Bluegills. Perch. Walleyes. Catfish.

PhaseLockedLoop
08-07-2013, 03:24 PM
You have nonresident deer in MI? ;)

Unfortunately, yes. It's a real headache for Michigan hunters. You shoot or otherwise execute your deer and affix your deer tag to it, and if some ranger comes around he'll run an ID on your deer, using the deer's RFID tag, and if your deer is non-resident, you're in trouble. You (and your deer) will be held until you can be extradited to whatever state your deer resides in. If it came from Canada, you're in real trouble: then you're involved in a border violation, and Homeland Security will fight with the Mounties for jurisdiction while you rot in a jail in some third country, usually Mexico.

Not many people know about this, Tom. I'm glad you've given me the chance to bring you up to speed.

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 04:35 PM
Bass. Bluegills. Perch. Walleyes. Catfish.and pickerel pike muskie in Michigan

and stripers, white bass, makeral, wahoo, cobia, triggerfish, pompano, snapper, grouper, jacks, tuna, mahi mahi, sail and bill fish, flounder, white trout and reds if in Alabama

bobbys
08-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Im just thankful our warrd as a modern day Sherlock Holmes found a real scandal instead of all these phony ones....

wardd
08-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Im just thankful our warrd as a modern day Sherlock Holmes found a real scandal instead of all these phony ones....

i could have posted something about gov mcdonnell but i thought i'd give liz a whirl

sleek
08-07-2013, 06:16 PM
All this attention about the fishing liscence is just an attempt by the left to cover up Obama lying on his application for Presidency. HEHEHE

ccmanuals
08-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately, yes. It's a real headache for Michigan hunters. You shoot or otherwise execute your deer and affix your deer tag to it, and if some ranger comes around he'll run an ID on your deer, using the deer's RFID tag, and if your deer is non-resident, you're in trouble. You (and your deer) will be held until you can be extradited to whatever state your deer resides in. If it came from Canada, you're in real trouble: then you're involved in a border violation, and Homeland Security will fight with the Mounties for jurisdiction while you rot in a jail in some third country, usually Mexico.

Not many people know about this, Tom. I'm glad you've given me the chance to bring you up to speed.

Jeez, sounds like when you go hunting it would be wise to bring your attorney with you.

PhaseLockedLoop
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
.. filling in an application does not mean she knew and was trying to break that obscure law....

It's not an obscure law--as has been pointed out, every state has a similar one (oh, hell, maybe there's an exception). It's possible she was cozened into lying. Maybe at least she'll avoid hooking fellow fisherpersons--unlike her stupid husband, who small-shot his own big-shot moneyman.

wardd
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
what about the rumor that liz is a muslim ?

pefjr
08-07-2013, 06:32 PM
I think she was late paying her RE taxes also. That's worth a few pages.

Chip-skiff
08-07-2013, 07:05 PM
I'd say that lying is a Cheney family tradition.

ccmanuals
08-07-2013, 07:45 PM
I'd say that lying is a Cheney family tradition.

Yep, inherited, in the genes.

Paul Pless
08-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Yep, inherited, in the genes.
not learned then, from generation to generation???

ccmanuals
08-07-2013, 07:49 PM
not learned then, from generation to generation???

The age old nature/nuture question. Who knows but definitely a Cheney hallmark.

Captain Intrepid
08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Real fishermen don't use bait.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2220/j6u4.jpg

Yeah they do. ;) I think you mean "some amateurs don't use bait".

oznabrag
10-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Poppycock.