PDA

View Full Version : A "wish I'd had my camera" moment

John Smith
08-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Last evening was so nice I took a ride through Mercer County Park. To the great delight of several of us who stopped to watch, a family of deer were frolicking about. Guess they liked the break in the weather, too.

Paul Pless
08-04-2013, 06:10 PM
48 days till opening day of deer season. . .

wizbang 13
08-04-2013, 08:57 PM
So many deer around here , too many .
A nightmare to gardeners, and a terror to night drivers.
We do not think they are cute, I wish we could just blast away at them .

Old Dryfoot
08-04-2013, 09:08 PM
It's gotten to that point here too. All of the local municipalities have deer wandering around without any fear of people or vehicle. It's only a matter of time before someone gets stomped on or one goes through a windshield killing a person.

wardd
08-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Last evening was so nice I took a ride through Mercer County Park. To the great delight of several of us who stopped to watch, a family of deer were frolicking about. Guess they liked the break in the weather, too.

i have deer, wild turkeys living here plus rabbits and other assorted critters and visits by gaggles of canada geese

whenever i'm mowing the pastures i have scads of small birds flying circles around me scooping up an easy meal of insects that get stirred up

Breakaway
08-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Neighbor's dog chased a deer through my yard a few days ago. I was near the hedge and they came barreling through. About 11 AM. Took an inadvertent hoof in my left thigh as Bambi fled from Fido. ( she got away, her fence jumping abilities being superior.)

Kevin

PhaseLockedLoop
08-05-2013, 12:14 PM
...whenever i'm mowing the pastures i have scads of small birds flying circles around me scooping up an easy meal of insects that get stirred up

Yeah. Swallows, in my case. I really enjoy that.