PDA

View Full Version : More FBI anti-terrorism 'fun'.

seanz
08-03-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/01/new-york-police-terrorism-pressure-cooker

The internet.......sometimes a valuable resource........sometimes a waste of time......

Old Dryfoot
08-03-2013, 09:07 PM
That family is going to be followed and spied on for years, even though the field agents realized the error in short order. Welcome to the new order...

seanz
08-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the new order.

Order isn't the word I'd use. ;)

Analyzing the internet use of a family and then thinking that they're a terrorist cell doesn't create order.

And the way that American police go in guns blazing.......this will only get uglier.

Phillip Allen
08-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I wonder if this makes John Smith 'feel safer' as he has wondered aloud what we must give up in order to 'be' safe

seanz
08-03-2013, 10:28 PM
I wonder if this makes John Smith 'feel safer' as he has wondered aloud what we must give up in order to 'be' safe

Do you have an opinion on the OP? If so, what might it 'be'?

Old Dryfoot
08-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Order isn't the word I'd use. ;)

Disorder then? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it now does it?

seanz
08-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Look here for how helpful data collection can be if you're looking for something specific.
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?166007-How-can-Formula-1-racing-help-babies

Acting on a 'tip off' from broadly collated data is asking for trouble.......but then, it's not the FBI that gets the trouble, is it?

Phillip Allen
08-03-2013, 11:27 PM

sure... anyone looking on the internet for pressure cookers is not making bombs... the bombs makers just go to the store and buy one without any consumer reports about quality... stupid stuiff these 'police' are guilty of

how's that?... opinion enough?

Old Dryfoot
08-03-2013, 11:35 PM
That TED talk is quite inspiring. It's things like that that make me think there is still hope for humanity within my life time.

The GWT on the other hand... is hopeless.

seanz
08-03-2013, 11:37 PM
sure... anyone looking on the internet for pressure cookers is not making bombs... the bombs makers just go to the store and buy one without any consumer reports about quality... stupid stuiff these 'police' are guilty of

I'd say that's a valid opinion.
:)

skipper68
08-04-2013, 12:45 AM
As they POST this Really really?
100 TIMES A DAY That team, they block off any way to get out off YOUR street,
Did you order a back pack?
Do you think they don't't snoop?
I AM busted for posting thus. Wrong letters thw them/

skipper68
08-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Ughhhh..

BrianW
08-04-2013, 05:05 AM

Wow!

This is all about the Bolivians, and that now they can't afford quinoa, because Americans are eating the stuff like crazy.

My opinion is that this has to stop! Americans need to stick to American grains, and leave the Bolivians alone.

BrianW
08-04-2013, 05:08 AM
As they POST this Really really?
100 TIMES A DAY That team, they block off any way to get out off YOUR street,
Did you order a back pack?
Do you think they don't't snoop?
I AM busted for posting thus. Wrong letters thw them/

I think you're safe Skipper. The tequila encoder is working very well.

They'll never decode your posts, unless they visit the Pub.

Had any new visitors in the Pub recently?

seanz
08-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Wow!

This is all about the Bolivians, and that now they can't afford quinoa, because Americans are eating the stuff like crazy.

My opinion is that this has to stop! Americans need to stick to American grains, and leave the Bolivians alone.

If you say it's all about the quinoa, that's hard to argue with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinoa#International_Year_of_Quinoa
I'm just surprised that your opinions are in lock-step with the U.N.

beernd
08-04-2013, 08:14 AM

And they will pay for it in cash!