PDA

View Full Version : Latest Weiner news

CWSmith
08-03-2013, 09:42 AM
(CNN) - Anthony Weiner's communications director apologized Tuesday night for bashing a former intern in a scathing interview laced with four-letter words.
"In a moment of frustration, I used inappropriate language in what I thought was an off the record conversation," Barbara Morgan said in a statement to CNN. "It was wrong and I am very sorry."

Morgan added that she called and apologized Tuesday night to the former intern, Olivia Nuzzi.
Talking Points Memo, a left-leaning news organization, published a report (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/07/top-weiner-aide-trashes-intern.php?ref=fpa) late Tuesday night, quoting Morgan as she responded to a New York Daily News article (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/intern-reveals-reasons-joining-weiner-campaign-article-1.1412272) written by Nuzzi, who described an unflattering account of Weinerıs New York City mayoral campaign.
"(Morgan) went off on a curse-filled rant about Nuzzi, describing her as a fame hungry 'b**ch' who 'sucked' at her job. Morgan also called Nuzzi a 'sl*tb*g,' 'tw*t,' and 'c**t' while threatening to sue her," the TPM article stated." So, maybe we consider a politician who is in love with his little friend. What guy isn't, although most of us can keep it under wraps? What does it say about both character and ideas when sexual slurs is your reply to a fired intern? Isn't name calling the sign of a person with limited ideas, focus, and command of their mind? And why won't my "return" work?

John of Phoenix
08-03-2013, 09:50 AM
"You are know by the company you keep."

What a crew. :D

L.W. Baxter
08-03-2013, 10:23 AM
They're putting the screws to him but he won't crack!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/999401_691286067553506_785427422_n.png

pefjr
08-03-2013, 10:38 AM
"You are know by the company you keep."

I didn't realize you spoke Ebonics so well.

George Jung
08-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Try hitting the 'compatability' button, right next to the refresh arrow; I don't know why, but the forum has been acting Weiner-ish for awhile now.... my 'return' button won't work either, unless I hit 'compatability'.

Keith Wilson
08-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Y'know, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent and empathic person, and I can sort of understand most people who do things I wouldn't do - religious fanatics, terrorists, those with radically different opinions and tastes - I might not agree, I would never do it myself, but I can usually kind of understand how they're thinking. But repeatedly sending photos of your - uh - wiener - to women? WHAT THE ****?!!?! WHY? I just can't imagine doing that.

David W Pratt
08-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Her "apology" implies she has a double standard for what she says: on/off the record. Do we want people like that in positions of power?

CWSmith
08-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks, George, that worked. Odd that I had to log in again.

Let's face it - politics has not been fun for a long time. Weiner seems to have brought the Dems and Repubs together - who would have thought it possible?

Waddie
08-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Y'know, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent and empathic person, and I can sort of understand most people who do things I wouldn't do - religious fanatics, terrorists, those with radically different opinions and tastes - I might not agree, I would never do it myself, but I can usually kind of understand how they're thinking. But repeatedly sending photos of your - uh - wiener - to women? WHAT THE ****?!!?! WHY? I just can't imagine doing that.

WHY? I suspect he hits the enlarge button before the send button.... :)

regards,
Waddie

Rich Jones
08-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Hmm.... I'm also having problems with the return. Hitting that compatability thingie didn't do anything. I've got Windows 8. Will keep trying.

Roger Cumming
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
You are all preaching to the choir. Weiner's popularity with New Yorkers is now at 16%. Only Congress has a lower approval rating. It is highly unlikely that he will come in first or second in the primary election which is necessary to ultimately become the Democratic mayoral candidate. So in 30 days or so Mr. Weiner will attain the obscurity he has earned and almost all New Yorkers wish for him. He has embarrassed everyone including the women he carried on with on line.

Mad Scientist
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
In the 'Quick Reply' window, click on the leftmost little box, the one called 'Switch Editor to Source Mode'. This might take care of the Return problem...or not...

Tom

coelacanth2
08-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I will give him this he's as stubborn as all get out and persistent. I think the newspapers will greatly regret his passing from the stage. After all where else can you get material this rich this easily.

CWSmith
08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Weiner's popularity with New Yorkers is now at 16%. Only Congress has a lower approval rating.

I believe there are 2 candidates in the race with a lower rating. As Bill Mahr said, what do you need to do to rate lower than Weiner?

Rich Jones
08-04-2013, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=Mad Scientist;3863252]In the 'Quick Reply' window, click on the leftmost little box, the one called 'Switch Editor to Source Mode'. This might take care of the Return problem...or not...

Tom[/QUOTE

That worked! Thanks! It's been driving me nuts for week.
As for Weiner, it'll be sad to see him go. Good for New York, sad for the Bilge!