PDA

View Full Version : Riot breaks out over Zimmerman Verdict

ccmanuals
07-30-2013, 09:25 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-huntington-beach-riot-social-media-20130729,0,4602387.story

Tom Montgomery
07-30-2013, 09:43 PM
What a misleading thread title!

Certainly a riot. By a bunch of intoxicated slackers. No more. No less.

When UK won the NCAA National Championship in basketball two years ago fans rioted in Lexington. Fires were set. Cars were overturned. People were shot.

But riots by young middle class kids do not frighten us nearly as badly as riots by poor minorities.

ccmanuals
07-30-2013, 09:52 PM
What a misleading thread title!

Certainly a riot. By a bunch of intoxicated slackers. No more. No less.

When UK won the NCAA National Championship in basketball two years ago fans rioted in Lexington. Fires were set. Cars were overturned. People were shot.

But riots by young middle class kids do not frighten us nearly as badly as riots by poor minorities.

I was wondering if I was being too obtuse in trying to make a point. You got it. Wonder if anyone else will.

Tom Montgomery
07-30-2013, 10:36 PM
But we don't draw socio-economic-political conclusions from those types of riots.

Lot's of business establishments get trashed but no one goes to bed in fear (unless they live behind the store front).

Old Dryfoot
07-30-2013, 10:48 PM
That's nothing, you should have seen the riot when the Canucks got thrashed by the Bruins in the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.

...and like that incident, thanks to social media and the cell phone camera, a lot of these idiot too will find themselves in front of a judge.