PDA

View Full Version : Oba breaks the law and no one cares?

peb
07-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Even though everyone loves the law?

"d) Effective Date.—The amendments made by this section shall apply to months beginning after December 31, 2013."

Why just for corporations and not individuals?

BrianW
07-03-2013, 11:25 PM
He's referring to the Employer Mandate extension.

hokiefan
07-03-2013, 11:32 PM
He's referring to the Employer Mandate extension.

Probably so. But you know where assumptions get you, right? :d

Gerarddm
07-04-2013, 01:35 AM
This kind of opening post reminds me of yowling cats sitting on a fence in those old classic cartoons.

You just want to throw a shoe at it and knock it off.

coelacanth2
07-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Part of the problem with implementation, as I understand it, is the number of vagaries. The Secretary shall, to be determined and the like. Hard to plan for your business if the rules may change short notice. That, and of course, how to mitigate the impact on said business. It _probably_wont have a direct effect on me and mine, as I am too small with just 6 employees.
The indirect effect ​as many of my patients wind up going part time and working two or more jobs will be different.

CWSmith
07-04-2013, 02:53 PM
This kind of opening post reminds me of yowling cats sitting on a fence in those old classic cartoons.

You just want to throw a shoe at it and knock it off.

It reminds me of someone with a blind agenda.

Willin'
07-04-2013, 03:47 PM
I don't know about no-one, but I don't care.

BrianW
07-04-2013, 03:48 PM
It a very small slice of the usual Bilge politics, but in the opposite direction.

If you find yourself not liking it, I'm not too sympathetic. ;)

Rich Jones
07-04-2013, 03:58 PM
For those of us on this forum who actually build and work on wooden boats, we know that it's not a problem free process. So it is with the Affordable Health Care Act. As it was with Social Security and Medicare. Give it time. Of course, the Regressive politians hate progress that doesn't benefit the rich. So they'll keep drilling holes in the bottom of the boat.

CWSmith
07-04-2013, 04:31 PM
It a very small slice of the usual Bilge politics, but in the opposite direction.

If you find yourself not liking it, I'm not too sympathetic. ;)

Usual Bilge behavior, maybe. Two things are wrong with the title - he did not break the law and a great many people do care about it. The Repubs are saying "I told you so" and at the same time calling for an investigation into how he changed his mind as if changing one's mind is an unnatural act. Maybe it is for them. So why the title? It must either be an agenda or ignorance. The Bilge reeks of both. The stench of misinformation combined with inflammatory rhetoric is all too common here.

wardd
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
how do you know he broke the law?

David G
07-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Between the mis-spelled thread title, and the badly garbled OP... I'm wondering what laws peb was breaking during or prior to his posting. Opium IS still illegal isn't it?

peb
07-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Sorry about the mistake on the thread title, a problem from posting with my phone.

We have been told the insurance mandate is the core provision of ObamaCare, without it the law doesn't work. The law gives a lot if options to the president on how it is to be implemented, but the mandate is not one of them. I am not surprised that the delay is needed, since none of us can get information on the coverage we are required to buy. But the delay is clearly illegal.

And I don't understand why it's ok for corporations to have a delay, but not individuals. I thought the dems were the party of the little guy.

I have been told time and again on this forum to ignore the predicted problems with the law and just be patient, as all predictions are being proven false.

Happened to get the notice that my policy not grandfathered in and I will have to buy a new one the other day. Another thing we were promised would not happen : "if you like your insurance, don't worry, you will be able to keep it" was the exact quote from our president.

Oh, and no one can yet tell me the cost of a new policy. 6 months and counting.... ( unless you are a corporation).

Mrleft8
07-05-2013, 08:12 AM
If you like your insurance policy, you can keep it. IF the insurance company offers it.
It's not the fault of the ACA that insurance companies are trying to make even more profit off the backs of the working people of this country. If the republicans and certain core democrats hadn't harpooned the single payer/govt. health care option this wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

wardd
07-05-2013, 08:59 AM
If you like your insurance policy, you can keep it. IF the insurance company offers it.
It's not the fault of the ACA that insurance companies are trying to make even more profit off the backs of the working people of this country. If the republicans and certain core democrats hadn't harpooned the single payer/govt. health care option this wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

if the insurance companies are greedy it's obamas fault

Gerarddm
07-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Medicare for all. There is still time to implement it, IF we get rid of every regressive yahoo in government.

Mrleft8
07-05-2013, 12:49 PM
if the insurance companies are greedy it's obamas fault

I'd agree if they hadn't been greedy before Obama was born..... But I will concede that Joe Lieberman was their chief greedy weasel.

Durnik
07-05-2013, 01:44 PM
I'd agree if they hadn't been greedy before Obama was born....

OTOH, Republicans & Tea Partiers have (the all powerful) Obama implementing policy before he even _ran_ for POTUS.. so there might be substance to he being responsible for greedy politicians, even before he was born..

just sayin'

enjoy
bobby

Waddie
07-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Obama is responsible for whatever happens now with health care - it's his baby...... just like the economy is his.

If it wasn't true that you could keep your present insurance because the insurance company might not offer it, or your employer might throw you under the bus - and there is nothing the President can do - then he should have said that...... but being honest with the voters is seldom popular......

regards,
Waddie