PDA

View Full Version : Sigh . . .

Nanoose
06-30-2013, 01:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HoWL6o3.jpg

LeeG
06-30-2013, 02:03 PM
I have to say fancy cars that require large amounts of energy to make and run just don't do it for me. There's nothing to pass on except a declaration of wealth to waste

Paul Pless
06-30-2013, 02:05 PM
I have to say fancy cars that require large amounts of energy to make and run just don't do it for me. There's nothing to pass on except a declaration of wealth to waste

whatever you say emily. . .

Nanoose
06-30-2013, 02:08 PM
the front end is a bit thick, but I'd still like to give it a go

LeeG
06-30-2013, 02:08 PM
whatever you say emily. . .

Damn you nailed me, channeling Debbie Downer!

Funny thing is I don't feel this way about gazillionaires boats.

Nanoose
06-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Is that the "1" series or some such designation experimental electric?

Can't seem to find info, but the BMW concepts I did find that were electric didn't have that front end at all.

Nanoose
06-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Funny thing is I don't feel this way about gazillionaires boats.

Funny thing is I feel that way about a LOT of things, but cars isn't one of them. I inherited the gene from my Dad, bless him.

It's the experience I value - the UI if you will, not conspicuous consumption.

StevenBauer
06-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Izzat from the latest Transformers movie?

LeeG
06-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Funny thing is I feel that way about a LOT of things, but cars isn't one of them. I inherited the gene from my Dad, bless him.

It's the experience I value - the UI if you will, not conspicuous consumption.

Dad had a subscription to Road and Track, a car enthusiast if ever there was one but nothing bigger than four cylinders, more than one time he said oil is too valuable to burn up in cars.

htom
06-30-2013, 02:44 PM
You'd never be able to drive that anywhere outside in Minnesota (well, maybe a runway or a track.) What is that, a half-inch of ground clearance? An entire inch? It would trip over most of our frozen lakes.

Now, parking it in the den with a giant TV off the nose as a make-out spot for me and the wife ....

Keith Wilson
06-30-2013, 03:45 PM
What's that, the model for the batmobile in the next batman film? Not the stylists' best effort, IMHO.

S.V. Airlie
06-30-2013, 05:33 PM
I wonder whether a radio is included in the price? When I looked at BMWs years ago practically everything in their cars were extra.

Gerarddm
06-30-2013, 07:07 PM
It works from the A-pillar aft, especially the rear haunches. The front tries too hard to accommodate the traditional BMW kidney bean grille.

Glen Longino
06-30-2013, 07:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HoWL6o3.jpg

You get in that thing and you head southeast and don't stop till you get to Texas and pick me up and we'll continue south through Mexico and on to Tierra Del Fuego.
Then we'll turn around and drive all the way back!(I'll help with the driving and provide all the Tequila and Limes);)

hanleyclifford
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
I thought you had just gotten out of the car to enjoy the beautiful sky.

The Bigfella
06-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Sheesh, that's ugly. I thought it was some Corvette abomination when I first saw it.

skipper68
06-30-2013, 10:12 PM
If your throwing it into the dumpster, I'll take it.
My poor 2001 Cavalier was BROKE!
My belt broke at 95 degrees.
I was traumatized! A tow truck came in with it!
THAT would defiantly look better on a Tow truck!
Need my address?
(BTW, Glenn, I'll be the DD-you just sit back and enjoy the ride! ) LOL!
I Would be a good girl in THAT...NOT ;)

Bigfella, we should all have a chance to choose ugly.
It would work for me in a pinch.:D

Nanoose
07-01-2013, 12:00 AM
You get in that thing and you head southeast and don't stop till you get to Texas and pick me up and we'll continue south through Mexico and on to Tierra Del Fuego.
Then we'll turn around and drive all the way back!(I'll help with the driving and provide all the Tequila and Limes);)

Deal! :D

bogdog
07-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Sheesh, that's ugly. I thought it was some Corvette abomination when I first saw it.

One of my BILs is getting a new 2014 Premiere Edition Corvette. He owns the last C-5 that came off the line, probably has 20,000 miles so it must be time to get a new one. Of course he still owns the '65 Triumph Bonneville abomination he bought when he was a kid. Darn thing looks like it just came out of the showroom.