PDA

View Full Version : 3 car road & track test.

Stiletto
06-27-2013, 03:51 AM
I enjoyed this (quite long) road test video between Aston Martin, Jaguar; and Porsche.
It is pretty obvious that someone else pays for the tyres!
I just love the way he flicks the cars through the tight little S bend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ruFXKEIPTvA

The Bigfella
06-27-2013, 04:40 AM
Gee, that was a surprise. A British motoring journalist picking a British car over a German one. Never seen that before.

Treating the tyres like that means he wasn't interested in how the cars went.

Nicholas Scheuer
06-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Awfully "chatty" isn't he? I love it when they say "jag-gu-wer".

Hunky Dory
06-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Top Gear's road tests have kind of made destroying tires mandatory for all of them to keep up. I didn't see a tow hitch on any of them. Guess I'll stick with my Chevy truck.

bogdog
06-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Top Gear's road tests have kind of made destroying tires mandatory for all of them to keep up. I didn't see a tow hitch on any of them. Guess I'll stick with my Chevy truck.
Both Jag and Porsche have towing options.

LeeG
06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
I can't help but think of Saudi youth drifting and crashing whenever there's a display of burning rubber. Mindless excitement and waste.

Reynard38
06-27-2013, 09:11 AM
The jag and Aston are pretty, but I'd take the Porsche. I have heard to many stories about the reliability of the 2 British entries.
Think I'll keep my M Roadster and save the $$ for a bigger boat.

MiddleAgesMan
06-27-2013, 09:27 AM
On the Jag, around 19:15, did anyone else notice the pair of large paddle-heads extending from the steering column, behind the wheel? Well, in front of the wheel but behind it from the driver's perspective. I'm wondering if Jaguar has placed the paddle-shifters in such an odd place instead of on the face of the steering wheel...

I'm not sure what video you were watching, BF, but the one I saw put the German car on top of both of the British ones.