PDA

View Full Version : Ooops! Stock market nervous over credit crunches.

skuthorp
06-20-2013, 04:36 PM
I note that things in China are considered to be in a 'delicate state', "Former chess grandmaster-turned hedge fund manager Patrick Wolff is betting on a stock market crash in China, where he says corruption and bad debts have spiraled to dangerous levels." http://www.cnbc.com/id/100832292 See also todays financial news, "Stockmarkets have fallen heavily" as an early withdrawl of US domestic stimulus and a forecast credit crunch in China coincide. Evidently China was expected to add stimulus to their economy but went the other way "earlier than we expected" being a quote I heard this morning.

The Bigfella
06-20-2013, 05:12 PM
China has a very long way to run yet. There's bound to be some bumps along the way, but such is life

Chip-skiff
06-20-2013, 05:16 PM
We sold most of our stock on Monday. :)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/markets/2013/06/20/stocks-thursday/2440553/

Reynard38
06-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Just spoke to a friend of mine that was just in Shanghai. He said everywhere you looked there were very high end cars. Lambos, Ferraris, Rolls, Bentley etc.
I think this is indicative of people thinking short term financially. Think Dot Bomb and Mortgage crisis.
Maybe it's China's turn.

peb
06-20-2013, 09:37 PM
China has a very long way to run yet. There's bound to be some bumps along the way, but such is life

But those bumps could be really big, think pot holes deep enough to high center those fancy cars.

Waddie
06-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Norman Bernstein; Over the years, I have come to recognize this syndrome, I think. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the market has become so hypersensitized to the Fed, that it reacts way out of proportion to the significance of any statement or news. I think this should have little or no significance to the prudent long term investor.

The market is hypersensitized to every little bit of news - negative and positive - these days. I blame it on automated trading, which tends to exaggerate every small trend; such as a small sell off. Which then becomes a major sell off.

Most of the continuing fragility and uncertainty, and even weakness in the global markets is due to the fact that we do not yet know how to manage a global economy. Add in some bad demographics, even in China, and poorly written "free trade" agreements and you have the situation we now (collectively) find ourselves in - a global economy that can only muddle through.

regards,
Waddie

JBreeze
06-20-2013, 10:58 PM
....... and poorly written "free trade" agreements and you have the situation we now (collectively) find ourselves in - a global economy that can only muddle through.

regards,
Waddie

Hey Waddie,

Have you been reading about the TPP? Supposedly, it's "classified" so congress has a hard time getting a look at the proposals.

Gerarddm
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
The stock market is no place for the individual investor anymore. The algorithim machines ruin the fun.

skuthorp
06-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Bought a bargain or two myself this morning, I could have made a good profit by the afternoon. I have some capital due that needs a home for another year or so. I was however somewhat careful. Could go anywhere.