PDA

View Full Version : Information about boat builder-Ole Lind

Chuckx
12-14-2000, 10:50 AM
I am looking for information about a boat builder from northern Minnesota in the 1940's, 50's & 60's. His name is Ole Lind. I have a restored 14 foot outboard runabout with the orginal outboard from around the mid 1950's. I would like to find out as much as I can about this boat and boat builder. He also made a row boats. All boat were of cedar strip construction.

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
12-15-2000, 03:34 PM
Have you tried the Minnesota Historical Society? They do have a web site and their library catalog is on line.

How about the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique and Classic Boat Society (BSLOL)? www.acbs-bslol.com (http://www.acbs-bslol.com) We publish a bi-monthly magazine called the "BoatHouse" and this may be a good place to pose your question. Get it into the editor TODAY, since our deadline for the next issue actually is past (editors email: datamerj@aol.com). I am secretary of this group: ajrhude@aol.com

If you know the county in which Ole Lind worked and lived, try the local county historical society or even a genealogical society.