PDA

View Full Version : Need Help in Seattle

Boyd
12-04-2001, 11:45 AM
I am looking at buying some used sails in Seattle, but I am unsure of there condition. I am looking for a surveyor or just someone that can look at a sail and make a judgement on its condition.

Normaly I would not want to make a deal like this sight-unseen, but it is a great deal and I have a friend (non-sailor) that happens to be driving home from Seattle on 12/17. Free Delivery!

By the way the guy is on beach drive.

Thanks in advance,
John Boyd

RGM
12-04-2001, 12:40 PM
Can you be reached off line? Can you send beer? Not the cheap stuff either. What exactly are the sails coming off of? Supposedly how old are they? What are they going on to? What is their purported condition? Is this an E-Bay exercise? Are the sails on Beach Drive in Seattle? Or is that where your road warrior friend lives?

Boyd
12-04-2001, 02:52 PM
RGM

I can't send beer but I would be more then happy to arrange for a gift certificate at your local sprits shop or chandlery.

There are 4 sails Main/150/110 and spin. He also has a spin pole along with some assorted stuff. The equipment is for a Coronado 25. The sails are located at this guys house on Beach Drive. He tells me the main and 150 are in "new" condition and the spin and 110 have never been used.

No e-bay involved, but something close. I found out about this on the Coronado forum. The sellers boat washed up on the rocks in a storm and he has been parting it out.

Anything is better then what I have now and I am way too cheep to buy new sails. If these things are a 7 out of 10 I am going to offer him full price.

Send me your phone number at johncboyd@yahoo.com and we can talk off line, if you are intrested in helping.

Thanks in advance,
JB