PDA

View Full Version : Mayor crack pipe

moTthediesel
05-17-2013, 07:35 AM
I am appalled! I am outraged! How can it be that Canada (of all counties!) has conjured up a politician more outrageous than any here in the USA? Clearly, this is just another example of how we are slipping from our one-time unequivocal leadership position as the no. 1 producer of political nut balls.

A sad day -- sad day..........

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scan dal/rob_ford_1.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scan dal.html

Tom

TomF
05-17-2013, 07:52 AM
It is long past time for Ford to go. If now he also needs to be charged, fine.

Mrleft8
05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Marion Barry.

TomF
05-17-2013, 09:24 AM
That the video exists is not in question, but there's no proof that the substance in the glass pipe that the mayor puts a light to and hauls on is actually crack. It could be vitamins.It could be unicorn spunk. :D But Occam's Razor would suggest ...

Flying Orca
05-17-2013, 09:45 AM
TO's had some "colourful" mayors, but Ford takes the cake. What a putz.

Gerarddm
05-17-2013, 09:55 AM
"Why is this man smiling", etc.

Katherine
05-17-2013, 07:40 PM
What a horror he must be to live with

Peter Malcolm Jardine
05-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Rob Ford is a total waste of skin. The fact he got elected at all is a travesty.

S.V. Airlie
05-22-2013, 06:03 AM
I am appalled! I am outraged! How can it be that Canada (of all counties!) has conjured up a politician more outrageous than any here in the USA? Clearly, this is just another example of how we are slipping from our one-time unequivocal leadership position as the no. 1 producer of political nut balls.

A sad day -- sad day..........

http://www.thestar.com/content/dam/thestar/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scan dal/rob_ford_1.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/05/16/toronto_mayor_rob_ford_in_crack_cocaine_video_scan dal.html

Tomwow, what happened to canada (the country)?:)

bob winter
05-22-2013, 06:58 AM
It would appear that politicians have devolved somewhat - or at least they are getting caught. I just hope the CPC thing lasts long enough to take Harper out although I have my doubts about his successor, who ever that may be.

How Ford ever got elected in the first place is not a good reflection on the citizens of Toronto.

Captain Intrepid
05-22-2013, 08:20 AM
wow, what happened to canada (the country)?:)

Our politicians are shifting to the right.

Flying Orca
05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Things fall apart; the centre did not hold.

Chip-skiff
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm shocked. Shocked!

Flying Orca
05-24-2013, 08:59 AM
He refuses to answer any questions and attempts to bluster through, red faced, with lame remarks about the press "sleeping out" in front of his house.

Has he made any more hysterical calls to 911 demanding protection from the evil reporters who have the nerve to ask him questions in public places?

TomF
05-24-2013, 09:00 AM
The rise and fall of ...

bob winter
05-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Did the news conference get underway or not? Nothing on the CBC yet.

bob winter
05-25-2013, 05:47 AM
As much as I think Ford is pretty well a waste of quite a bit of skin, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I really cannot imagine how a man in his position would be stupid enough to get involved with crack, to say nothing about letting himself getting on film using it.

Ron Williamson
05-25-2013, 05:58 AM
If he is clean, why did he wait so long to say anything?

Wouldn't a simple drug test prove it?
R

moTthediesel
05-25-2013, 06:33 AM
OK, whew.... he says he didn't do it --- I guess that will be the last we hear of that!

Captain Intrepid
05-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Technically, he said that he's not doing it now, and that he's not an addict. He never said that he never did it. Considering how carefully crafted public statements are, it's an interesting distinction.

Ron Williamson
05-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Here's some background;
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/globe-investigation-the-ford-familys-history-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=1
R

moTthediesel
05-29-2013, 06:38 AM
If anyone is confused by this Ford Saga, here's a helpful info-graphic...

http://chartgirl.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/FORD_large.jpg

SMARTINSEN
05-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Has Gawker come up with the ransom for the video?

Flying Orca
05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Apparently.

S/V Laura Ellen
05-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Looks like Ford has some staff problems.
Mr. Ford fired his chief of staff Mark Towhey last week, apparently after rejecting calls to go into rehab.
Two senior staffers quit the office of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, and more resignations may be on the horizon, as turmoil continues to dominate City Hall, prompting the deputy mayor to refute claims from the chief magistrate that “everything is fine.”

Full Tilt
05-31-2013, 12:51 AM
http://youtu.be/mTzMf515t-w

TomF
06-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Interesting times. I wonder what "Ford Nation" thinks of it all.

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM
They got it!

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:33 AM
Video of the mayor on crack.

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:34 AM
Will Mayor Ford be led out of city hall in handcuffs today?

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:41 AM
His "driver" is now under arrest.

TomF
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Exciting times in Canadian politics, whether fed or municipal. Not a good time to try and make the case for ethics among prominent Conservatives.

Paul Pless
10-31-2013, 10:54 AM
man that is one fat crackhead

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
I betcha there'll be quite a few crackpipe smokin' Mayor Fards on the streets of Toronto tonight!

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Ford has yet to make a statement.

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 04:26 PM
"I have no reason to resign and I'm going to continue to do my job of saving taxpayers money".

Harry Miller
10-31-2013, 05:45 PM
As much as I think Ford is pretty well a waste of quite a bit of skin, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I really cannot imagine how a man in his position would be stupid enough to get involved with crack, to say nothing about letting himself getting on film using it.

Well Bob you don't have to imagine it now.

I think we are as dumb as the rest of you think.

Full Tilt
11-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Ford comes clean. FINALLY!

Admits smoking crack.

Denies being an addict.

Not stepping down.

Paul Pless
11-05-2013, 07:08 PM
dude is awesome, so glad this is not happening in a major american city :D

Old Dryfoot
11-05-2013, 07:24 PM
"I didn't lie, you just didn't ask the right questions."

Ron Williamson
11-05-2013, 07:24 PM
He's like a super villain from Gotham City that looks like Goldfinger.
Strangely enough,lots of people still like him.
R

Paul Pless
11-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Strangely enough,lots of people still like him.
R

he still has a favourable approval rating in most polls, wtf toronto???

Old Dryfoot
11-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Not Gotham but close...

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1173729/thumbs/r-ROB-FORD-GAWKER-large570.jpg?6

http://cdn.comixology.com/2009/AUG09/AUG091176.jpg

Paul Pless
11-05-2013, 08:15 PM
He's gotta be like the fattest crackhead ever. His 'drunken stupor' explanation was epic! :D

Gerarddm
11-05-2013, 08:15 PM
^ Really.

Ron Williamson
11-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Rob Ford is everyman who flew a little too close to the sun and his wings melted.
Quite different from the massive corruption that has been endemic in Montreal politics for decades.
R

TomF
11-06-2013, 07:22 AM
I agree, Ron. While I simply can't see how Rob Ford can stay, apparently there is a ripping large number of Toronto voters who seem to disagree with me.

But Ford's a one-man personal train wreck. Sad, but fairly limited in impact ... unlike what we now know about the reach of the Mob into municipal politics through much of Quebec. One wonders though, whether the corruption can be so widespread in one Province ... and can be different elsewhere. Too bad the Charbonneau commission isn't Federal.

Full Tilt
11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
This is the full unedited video of our crazed mayor describing how he will beat to death an unknown enemy.

WARNING! Foul Language and extremely disgusting behaviour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcPD7tzcU60

Dan McCosh
11-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Well, he could have been a pro wrestler.

bob winter
11-08-2013, 12:49 PM
I can't bring myself to watch. It might be harmful.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 07:30 AM
Mayor Ford has been in the centre of a drug, guns and gangs investigation for months now.

He has been the subject of wire taps and surveillance, including being followed around with a police helicopter.

One of the people he was photographed with has been murdered.

His buddy is charged with extortion.

Ford is refusing to step down.

Today in the news is a new allegation of involvement with prostitution.

The evidence is apparently contained within the ongoing Guns and Gangs investigation.

So now it looks like we have a crack smoking, murder conspiring, prostitute using, physically bullying, lying alcoholic for a mayor.

Today he's on the front page of the NY Times.

Where will this end?

Dan McCosh
11-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Elected to Parliament?

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Here's what I don't get: Canadians culturally are very similar to Americans with respect to redemption and renewal. Dude should take the offered leave of absence that the city council is attempting to force him into. Enter residential treatment for 28 days or so, then make a commitment to ongoing daily treatment and then perhaps if this other criminal stuff goes away he might be able to resurrect his political career. Continuing on this path almost guarantees an arrest and subsequent removal from office.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 07:47 AM
One would think that to be the logical thing to do if one was repentant. Ford's not.

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 07:53 AM
One would think that to be the logical thing to do if one was repentant. Ford's not.

I wonder if he thinks he can manipulate the criminal investigation against himself if he remains in office. Or, is he just attempting to use the office to advance some other corrupt enterprise for as long as he possibly can. Its also potentially the case that he is being blackmailed into remaining in office -if there's one video of him smoking crack, what other videos are there out there? The simplest explanation of course is that he's truly delusional regarding his addiction, and is exhibiting the defining characteristic of all active addicts - defiance.

Flying Orca
11-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Elected to Parliament?

In Canada?! Hah! He'll be appointed to the Senate.

Flying Orca
11-14-2013, 07:59 AM
The simplest explanation of course is that he's truly delusional regarding his addiction, and is exhibiting the defining characteristic of all active addicts - defiance.

Bingo. He's a spoiled rich kid who has been living the life all his life, and he doesn't seem to realize how not-OK that has become.

Jazzman
11-14-2013, 08:01 AM

Coz he's high on crack!!!

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 08:20 AM
I wonder if he thinks he can manipulate the criminal investigation against himself if he remains in office.

That's my hunch.

I really don't think he's much of an addict. Like you said earlier, "That's one fat crack head". His drinking isn't conspicuous. His attendance and work record are not affected. He prolly smokes pot, but like his brother asked in council yesterday, "Who doesn't". He wants all the members of city council to be blood tested.

There is still a piece or two of the puzzle missing. So far the pieces have been falling into place and there's no reason to expect that to change, but one wonders what Ford feels he has up his sleeve that could sustain him through scandal after scandal.

moTthediesel
11-14-2013, 08:24 AM
Congratulations to our Canadian friends! After living my entire life on the border, and spending nearly as much time watching and listening to Canadian media as our own, I have never seen a GWN political story gain this much traction with the US outlets. Rob Ford -- you've done it man! Is there any way we could get him to be involved in a slow-speed car chase with real time eye-in-the-sky helicopter coverage? That would truly boost him into the full-on OJ zone.

What really amazes me are his infinite powers of denial, in that regard he is like a superhero -- DENIALMAN! He still seems to believe that he can ride this out and be reelected -- please tell me that's not true....

Tom

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 08:28 AM
Don't bet on it.

Have you seen the rest of our city councillors?

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 08:33 AM
30 seconds ago on the news:

Ford photographed drinking vodka while driving his escalade.

Captain Intrepid
11-14-2013, 08:48 AM
I really don't think he's much of an addict. Like you said earlier, "That's one fat crack head". His drinking isn't conspicuous. His attendance and work record are not affected.

Not likely a cocaine addict, but I'd be pretty surprised if he wasn't a high functioning alcoholic. He wouldn't be the only political leader to be one. The late great Sir John A was one, and from stories I've heard here and there, the last premier of BC was one.

TomF
11-14-2013, 08:49 AM
I predict that if he doesn't get forced from office through being charged with a crime, he'll be re-elected.

To his "Ford Nation" base, he's an everyman. He may not be doing what they're all doing ... but he's doing things that in some minds demonstrate power and virility. That some of them wouldn't so much mind doing, if they thought they could get away with it. The fact that he does things they want but won't dare to do ... is evidence to that slice of the demographic of "leadership" capacity.

It's sick. But there is an increasing number of folks out there in one or another political group's "base" who are sick in this way across the Western democracies. Think of Berlusconi ...

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 08:57 AM
Bringing hookers into his office at city hall is Burlusconiesque.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
Breaking news.

Ford announces he will be suing over accusations of prostitutes in the mayor's office. "Angelique (?) is a friend of mine" says he.

It'll be on all the talk shows tonight.

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 10:06 AM
"Angelique (?) is a friend of mine" says he.

Dude rocks! :D

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Dude rocks! :D

Smokes 'em, that's for sure.

He's wearing his Argonaut jersey today. #12.

He's also suing the waiter at "The Beer Market" who claims he was "doin' lines at the table".

My doG! Now he's on TV denying ever having said "I want to eat your pu$$y" to a female councillor.

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 10:15 AM
What kind of city is Toronto?!

Kat and I have been talking of visiting, maybe we should make doing so a higher priority. . .

TomF
11-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Used to be a pretty boring place ...

xflow7
11-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Smokes 'em, that's for sure.

He's wearing his Argonaut jersey today. #12.

He's also suing the waiter at "The Beer Market" who claims he was "doin' lines at the table".

My doG! Now he's on TV denying ever having said "I want to eat your pu$$y" to a female councillor.

I’ve never said that in my life to her. I would never do that. I'm happily married. I've got more than enough to eat at home.

LOL. This dude is a laugh a minute.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Charlie Sheen, here filming, has come out in the news suggesting Ford should step down.

Old Dryfoot
11-14-2013, 11:40 AM
It's all over when Charlie Sheen tells you it's time to pack it in!

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
Two minutes and counting for a mayoral news conference.

My guess?

Resignation.

The party's over. It was fun while it lasted.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Nope.

The circus isn't ending yet.

He apologized for the obscene language and announced that he was getting professional help for his 'condition'.

He then asked for privacy. LOL.

Conference ends with Mr and Mrs Ford aggressively pushing through the press scrum.

(sidenote) The Toronto Santa Claus Parade has retracted their offer to Ford of being Santa this year.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 02:35 PM
The Premier of Ontario is making a statement.

She has been asked to remove Ford.

Problem is, Ford knows where the bodies are buried.

She is offering her powers if it is unanimously requested.

Until then, Toronto is on it's own.

TomF
11-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Does anyone think that this would have an impact on the populist Conservative brand? Or will it all be chalked up to one rogue mayor?

Thought not.

Jazzman
11-14-2013, 06:46 PM

Kat and I have been talking of visiting, maybe we should make doing so a higher priority. . .

Too funny! thanks Paul!

Flying Orca
11-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Paul - Toronto is not unlike a smaller (maybe 40% of the population) Chicago, adjusted for Canada's oddly friendly reserve, southern Ontario's conservatism, and the bread-stick stiffness only Bay Street can muster. It may have taken over from Montreal as the financial capital of Canada, but will never begin to approach Montreal's cool; nevertheless, it has its moments and some great neighbourhoods. Plenty of excellent dining, a few great musical venues, some neat ethnic "towns". The Islands were a great place to live as a kid, but I haven't been back in years.

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 08:36 PM

Come during Crackfest and I'll show y'all 'round the Crack-O-lympics before Crackabana.

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Too funny! thanks Paul!I'm glad somebody got it. :D

WX
11-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Nope.

The circus isn't ending yet.

He apologized for the obscene language and announced that he was getting professional help for his 'condition'.

He then asked for privacy. LOL.

Conference ends with Mr and Mrs Ford aggressively pushing through the press scrum.

(sidenote) The Toronto Santa Claus Parade has retracted their offer to Ford of being Santa this year.
A crack pipe in every stocking.

Jazzman
11-14-2013, 09:01 PM
I've got this friend from Canada (well it's more the husbands-of-wives-who-are-friends kinda thing ) who's always going on about how "this is better in Canada", and how "we wouldn't do that in Canada" blah blah blah.
Well now they've got MayorMcCrack. Gee I'm gonna have some fun with this !

Jazzman
11-14-2013, 09:14 PM
How come I can't find the video? I can find journos talking about the video, but I want to see it with my own eyes.
I know I'm very immature, but I can;t stop laughing. The council is pretty dodgy here in my city, but this guy is another league!

Full Tilt
11-14-2013, 09:25 PM
It wasn't his fault, he was inebriated at the time.

The video is evidence, no one get's to see it at the moment although Fard made a big deal of pleading for it's release so everyone could see it.

Steve McMahon
11-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Forget about Toronto City Council trying to get rid of Ford. The rest of Canada is trying to get rid of Toronto.

Flying Orca
11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Oh, look on the bright side: Toronto has finally done something about the Loafs being the biggest joke in town. :D

moTthediesel
11-20-2013, 08:51 AM
I know you're probably all getting tired of this, but you should be aware that even the great Taiwanese news animators are onto this story now. Here's a link -- but please be advised that this is pretty strong stuff, the "Mayor-on-Beaver" scenes are particularly graphic. Oh, and a nod to the producers' Canadian cultural knowledge, note the shot where His Honor and Charlie Brown/Sheen visit "Tim Snortin's".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS8IK-6rHQo

Jazzman
11-20-2013, 03:00 PM
No, that was Crackalackin! Thanks!

Full Tilt
11-22-2013, 08:23 PM
'Rob Ford' the Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUY6lDja-DE&feature=share

Jazzman
11-23-2013, 05:43 AM
I think that is possibly your best ever post, Full Tilt !!! Thankyou!

Full Tilt
12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
14,000 mentions in American news.

The most of any Canadian news story since........forever.

The story darkens.

Ford was in negotiations to purchase the incriminating video of him with a crack pipe.

He offered 5K and a new car. The extortionist wanted $150,000.

The murdered man was involved in the extortion.

New wiretap information has had it's blackout lifted.

In it are extensive reports of drug use, including heroin, by Ford.

There will be murder charges laid on someone before this story ends.