PDA

View Full Version : Judge Jeanine Pirro Slams Jihad Mom

Rum_Pirate
05-01-2013, 07:12 AM
What do you think about this Fox TV clip?

Is it incitement, or a reasonable 'rant' ? Is it fair/unfair?

http://www.americanthinker.com/video/2013/04/boston_bombing_jihad_mom_message_from_jeanine_pirr o.html

LeeG
05-01-2013, 07:17 AM
I think you are a troll and Jeanine Pirro is a waste of time

Ian McColgin
05-01-2013, 07:26 AM
That troll does not even rate the authentic title "Judge". She was an ADA, a minor court prosecutor, before becoming a TV "Judge" for a TV court.

Rum_Pirate
05-01-2013, 07:34 AM
I think you are a troll and Jeanine Pirro is a waste of time
I can't tell you what to think about me or anything else . . . and far be it for me to do so to you.

I posted to find out what fellow posters thought about the clip and its content.
If you do not wish to comment fine, however there is no need to attack me personally.

Rum_Pirate
05-01-2013, 07:41 AM
That troll does not even rate the authentic title "Judge". She was an ADA, a minor court prosecutor, before becoming a TV "Judge" for a TV court.

Good to know that you consider that posting any clip, and asking for views, is a troll on this forum?

Ian McColgin
05-01-2013, 07:44 AM
At any rate, Pirro uses inflamatory snippets from a person of very different cultural and religious background in a way that displays her own ignorance. Since Boston has pleny of various ethnicities of Russians, we have Checnians and this mother does not look odd to me. To the extent to which she blames America, I don't think she's right. I just don't see anything here phoney about her grief or her lashing out.

A lot of folk come to the US fleeing some persecution only to find that our tolerance of diversity in culture and religion is a bit hard to take. Some of them move back, some suffer along here and then have trouble when their kids want to marry outside the faith. Part of the whole American experience. Pirro would know that were she of remotely judicial temperment. But she's not on TV to provide sane commentary but to rant for ratings.

Edited to add - Saw post #5 after writing the above. To clarify, I regard Pirro as a troll. Posting her clip and asking for opinion is not a troll. Also, there's a difference between being at times provocative, which Rum_Pirate can certainly be, and being a mere troll.

bogdog
05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Never heard of her, but she was a judge for what it's worth. Muslim children are suppose to seek their parents permission for jihad, often it's the mother who decides. I wondered from the beginning if the elder brother had approached his mother about this before the fact.

Ian McColgin
05-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I see on reading Pirro's whole bio that she was indeed a county judge before becoming a county DA, not ADA. I regret those errors and she's still a jerk.

Ian McColgin
05-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Thank you Horace. Consider that I took your advice before it was offered and noted my error.

Joe (SoCal)
05-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Thank you Horace. Consider that I took your advice before it was offered and noted my error.

One day I hope to be as elequent and reserved as your Sir Ian, but not today , Pirro is an a$$

Horace
05-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Thank you Horace. Consider that I took your advice before it was offered and noted my error.You're most welcome, Ian. Please note that the past tense was used in the portion directed to you; I simply wished to express my surprise, and genuine concern, that you, of all people, would once again jump in with "true facts" when a few seconds of research before posting could have prevented the need for your apology. (Although I confess I've even done that myself. ;))

John Smith
05-01-2013, 10:19 AM

I remember when she had her own show. Very lacking in legal expertise. The particular case involved people from NY. Her show was in Ill. The law of NY didn't allow her to decide for the plaintiff, so she applied the Ill. law. I think that may be why she lost her show.

bogdog
05-01-2013, 10:20 AM
As bogdod pointed out, Ian,

Google can be your friend. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanine_Pirro#Westchester_County_positions)

Now a question for bogdog, in regard to the following:

Do you have a conclusively authoritative source for that assertion?

I have found links supporting that interpretation, and others (admittedly fewer) that use rationalizations to remove that obligation. A discussion of the topic by persons qualified to do so would be worth reading.

I believe permission is required when jihad is not obligatory, how that decision is made I have no idea. As you may know in Islam there are some different views on principles of jurisprudence, at least nine schools of thought? I believe, not to mention cultural differences based on country of origin. I believe the Islamic legal scholar Ibn Qudamah is the one who said permission is required of parents for jihad. This issue has arisen several times in the news in regards to the importance of education for girls and women in Islamic countries. There seems to be a belief that better educated mothers would result in fewer sons being given permission for Jihad. I have no idea if there is any validity to that claim. I would suspect based on a just released Pew Research report about Muslims and sharia that better educated women would have little impact on sons being given permission for Jihad.

Rum_Pirate
05-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I remember when she had her own show. Very lacking in legal expertise. The particular case involved people from NY. Her show was in Ill. The law of NY didn't allow her to decide for the plaintiff, so she applied the Ill. law. I think that may be why she lost her show.

I 'm aware of State and Federal Law. However, given the term United States of America, shouldn't the state laws (same 'crime/issue in ILL v NY' be the same as each other?

Otherwise it appears to be a rather disunited States.

Ian McColgin
05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
There are wide state to state differences in both civil and criminal law, which is part of why jurisdicton shopping is an ever popular indoor sport for plaintiffs, prosecutors and defenders.

Osborne Russell
05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Never heard of her, but she was a judge for what it's worth.

Nothing.