PDA

View Full Version : Wb # 232

Eddiebou
04-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the "rack of eye" article in the last issue. St. Mary's co is right across the river from me, nowhere by boat but a fir piece by road. As an owner of a Potomac river dory I really appreciate this.

Tom@NC
04-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Good afternoon!
I enjoyed the article also, it brought back some memories of great times growing up. My family spent many weekends and big parts of the summer at Lower Cedar Point (Morgantown, MD) where these boats were used for oystering and crabbing by the local folks. His name escapes me at the moment, but the man who built the crossed planked flat bottom skiffs in town had a standing offer to buy back any boat that he had built for the original sale price. A different world today for sure.

Tom

dredbob
05-02-2013, 07:44 PM
I am in St Mary's County, but since I still haven't received my May/June issue yet, I don't know what it is that I am missing. When did you guys get your magazines? And what is the article that you are talkng about?

Bob

Tom@NC
05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Good morning!
I picked mine up at the local grocery store on monday of this week. It usually seems that they run a little late getting it out compared to others on the forums.
Hope that you see it soon.

Tom