PDA

View Full Version : The Peach

Oysterhouse
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
The Peach got banned? Thatís the pits!
He seems like a fairly even keeled, level headed person, and was quite respectful in every conversation that I observed.

Did the Peach turn rotten and sour while rolling around in the Bilge?
Is something fruity going on here? Did someone make Peach whine?

Enjoy your time off Peach, hope to see you back soon.:)

johnw
04-15-2013, 01:19 AM
I had no idea. Didn't seem like the type, but then, I never seem to be around when anyone gets banned. I tend to abandon threads that get too sour.

Gerarddm
04-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Scot didn't like his comment on my Travon Martin thread, evidently.

Peach
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
Wow! that was quick.

Yesterday I was banned for 30 days and today the prison door swings open.

Hard to know what to think of my interaction with the Great One.

Mrleft8
04-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Wow! that was quick.

Yesterday I was banned for 30 days and today the prison door swings open.

Hard to know what to think of my interaction with the Great One.

The great and benevolent Scot works on mysterious quays......

Peach
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
The great and benevolent Scot works on mysterious quays......

Amen, brother.

johnw
04-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Welcome back! Now, be good.

Peach
04-15-2013, 02:59 PM
Welcome back! Now, be good.

Thank you. I do believe the overnight stay in the hoosegow taught me a valuable lesson.

alvin greenwood
04-15-2013, 03:25 PM
Thank you. I do believe the overnight stay in the hoosegow taught me a valuable lesson..

i spected you wuz a troublemaker like glenn.
I hope you have paid your debt to society.

however i fear rehabilitation. is futile with you...

Peach
04-15-2013, 03:49 PM

i spected you wuz a troublemaker like glenn.
I hope you have paid your debt to society.

however i fear rehabilitation. is futile with you...

You're a funny guy Alevins.
But comparing me to Mr. Longino is a high honor. He's my role model for sure.

As for rehabiliitation, I can only quote another notable troublemaker:

("KID, HAVE YOU REHABILITATED YOURSELF?") I went over to the sargent, said, "Sargeant, you got a lot a damn gall to ask me if I've rehabilitated myself, I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm sittin' here on the bench, I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench 'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough join the army, burn women, kids, houses and villages after bein' a litterbug." He looked at me and said, "Kid, we don't like your kind, and we're gonna send you fingerprints off to Washington."

ETA: I'm listening to the news from Boston in the background. Events ongoing there surely make the silly interactions we have here in the Bilge seem meaningless in the extreme.

Oysterhouse
04-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Good to see you back Peach!

Peach
04-15-2013, 04:35 PM
Good to see you back Peach!

I read your OP from my cold dank cell last night and was amazed how well you nailed it.

Did the Peach turn rotten and sour while rolling around in the Bilge?
Is something fruity going on here? Did someone make Peach whine?

It wasn't what I said on the Forum that got me banned, but the fact that I whined about it to He-who-must-not-be-questioned.

Apparently, the act of asking for clarification as to why a post was removed is a bannable offense.
Who knew?

The next time I get a post or two removed I'll certainly not waste any energy asking why.

Peach
04-15-2013, 04:48 PM
well... I guess there IS such thing as a stupid question :)

welcome back

Yes. Stupid of me to think I could talk my way out of a slap on the wrist.

Peach
04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
just joking, of course...

About the welcome back part?
Yes?
Thought so.

John of Phoenix
04-15-2013, 04:56 PM
About the welcome back part?
Yes?
Thought so.Well played. :D

Paul Pless
04-15-2013, 05:02 PM
It wasn't what I said on the Forum that got me banned, but the fact that I whined about it

Well duh, its right there on page one of the rules of the WoodenBoat Forum.:d

BASIC FORUM ETIQUETTE: PLAY NICE
Reminder... by signing up to post on the WoodenBoat Forum, you've agreed to make nice, and to comply with pages and pages of rules the lawyers wrote. It all comes down to:
...Don't be rude.
...Don't post inappropriate pictures.
...Not sure where the "line" is for rude, inappropriate posting? Really?
...Don't sell stuff or services. Want to advertise? Click Ads (http://www.woodenboat.com/woodenboat-magazine-and-online-advertising)
...Don't feed the trolls.
...Don't whine at the Admin. He hates that.

...But officer, other cars were speeding too. How come I got a ticket?
...Don't create a new user to come back in if you were temporarily or permanently banned. It's bad Karma.
...Banning is bad for your health. Okay, smoking is worse. But, banning is like being in time-out when you were a munchkin. And, just like when you were a wee beastie, time-outs get longer the more often they happen. Much depends on the moderator's amount and type of coffee consumed at that particular moment.
...Need to report an inappropriate posting/thread? Be sure to include a direct link, and why the posting is inappropriate.

Peach
04-15-2013, 05:06 PM
One of us owes the other a cup of coffee... and a smile

I don't think You'd like my coffee. It's certified organic, free trade, reverentially harvested, roasted using renewable local biofuels, packaged in biodegradable bags made of 100% recycled materials, and brewed using solar energy. None better in my opinion.

But here's a smile fer ya: :)

Peach
04-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Well duh, its right there on page one of the rules of the WoodenBoat Forum.:d

That was exactly the rule quoted by Mr. Bell for my expulsion.

Oysterhouse
04-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I don't think You'd like my coffee. It's certified organic, free trade, reverentially harvested, roasted using renewable local biofuels, packaged in biodegradable bags made of 100% recycled materials, and brewed using solar energy.

La-de-da about all of that!! How does it taste?:d

Peach
04-15-2013, 05:38 PM
La-de-da about all of that!! How does it taste?:d

Picture yourself lying in the new spring grass, on a hillside in the early evening, the fecund aroma of a freshly plowed field wafting upslope and filling your nostrils with the smell of rebirth. And just above you in the waning light, a fresh young face, long auburn hair draping down like honey over a naked body. And then a kiss, soft as a whisper, warm as the August sun, and full of the musky scent of anticipation.

That's how it tastes.

Oysterhouse
04-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Damm! Send me some of that S**t!!

Phillip Allen
04-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I don't think You'd like my coffee. It's certified organic, free trade, reverentially harvested, roasted using renewable local biofuels, packaged in biodegradable bags made of 100% recycled materials, and brewed using solar energy. None better in my opinion.

But here's a smile fer ya: :)

I'll buy it unless it's been passed through a cat... :)

Peach
04-15-2013, 06:14 PM
I'll buy it unless it's been passed through a cat... :)

Elephant, actually.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoKcboEH73Gqz7yBU4AzmgvX54R1Z6k uiHnsjJjMSd7waNiDp5

Phillip Allen
04-15-2013, 06:16 PM
so, the 'best' coffee comes from Republicans?

alvin greenwood
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Yes. Stupid of me to think I could talk my way out of a slap on the wrist..

we dont sass the guards here in shawshank much less the warden.....

johnw
04-15-2013, 07:02 PM
Picture yourself lying in the new spring grass, on a hillside in the early evening, the fecund aroma of a freshly plowed field wafting upslope and filling your nostrils with the smell of rebirth. And just above you in the waning light, a fresh young face, long auburn hair draping down like honey over a naked body. And then a kiss, soft as a whisper, warm as the August sun, and full of the musky scent of anticipation.

That's how it tastes.

You're supposed to drink coffee, not seduce it!

I suppose the poor and the benighted will have to get by on inorganic coffee that smells like coffee. Poor devils.

Peach
04-15-2013, 07:06 PM
I suppose the poor and the benighted will have to get by on inorganic coffee that smells like coffee. Poor devils.

I'm not sharing, so too bad for all y'all.

skipper68
04-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome back!
Sounds like the bail/bribery worked.:)
Never met you Peach, but enjoy your posts.

I whined to Scot once, and I will never forget his reply.
Quite the Gentleman.

He explained we are a FAMILY- but a VERY DYSFUNCTIONAL. family :D

I swooned at his Charm.,, Sigh..:)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Thank you. I do believe the overnight stay in the hoosegow taught me a valuable lesson.

Yes, it probably taught you that arguing with simpletons is a futile occupation. If all the sensible people thought that, the bilge would not exist.

Peach
04-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes, it probably taught you that arguing with simpletons is a futile occupation. If all the sensible people thought that, the bilge would not exist.

Well, I already knew that arguing with simpletons is futile, and I generally avoid them.

What my 18-hour bit in solitary taught me is that arguing with the warden is to be avoided.

Glen Longino
04-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, I already knew that arguing with simpletons is futile, and I generally avoid them.

What my 18-hour bit in solitary taught me is that arguing with the warden is to be avoided.

Glad you're back, Peach!
Don't let me be a bad influence on you, brother!;)
I do my best to ignore goldanged Troglodytes, but now and then I get the urge to drag one of the damn things out of their cave and into the blinding sunlight and watch them cringe and blink and whine.
When I do that is generally when I get banned.;)
My advice is leave the fearful bastids cowering in their caves and only talk to Humans!

hanleyclifford
04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Glad you're back, Peach!
I do my best to ignore goldanged Troglodytes, but now and then I get the urge to drag one of the damn things out of their cave and into the blinding sunlight and watch them cringe and blink and whine.
When I do that is generally when I get banned.;)
My advice is leave the fearful bastids cowering in their caves and only talk to Humans! But it just feels so good when they "whine", ya just gotta...:)

Peach
04-15-2013, 08:42 PM

Too late.

Kaa
04-15-2013, 08:43 PM

That's how it tastes.

Dude :-) I think you got a bit confused about the names of your psychoactives... :-D

Kaa

Canoez
04-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome back!

Quite the Gentleman.

We put the "fun" in "dysfunctional"! |;)

Peach
04-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Welcome back!

Quite the Gentleman.

Hey skipper,

I missed your post earlier, and thanks for your kind words.
I read you posts regularly and regard them highly for their enigmatic consistency.

I'm not the swooning type, but I feel Mr. Bell acted fairly is releasing me with time served.

Peach
04-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Dude :-) I think you got a bit confused about the names of your psychoactives... :-D

Kaa

No really, it's all just coffee.

Oysterhouse
04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Picture yourself lying in the new spring grass, on a hillside in the early evening, the fecund aroma of a freshly plowed field wafting upslope and filling your nostrils with the smell of rebirth. And just above you in the waning light, a fresh young face, long auburn hair draping down like honey over a naked body. And then a kiss, soft as a whisper, warm as the August sun, and full of the musky scent of anticipation.That's how it tastes.

Are most of your written works published by Harlequin Romance Novels Inc. or by Penthouse Forums?:D

Peach
04-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Are most of your written works published by Harlequin Romance Novels Inc. or by Penthouse Forums?:D

Just a snippet of my innate genius, offered up here for your titillation.

(I surely hope I don't get offed for using that word.)

skipper68
04-15-2013, 09:18 PM
enigmatic consistency.
:D Might have to put that in my signature..:D

Phillip Allen
04-15-2013, 09:42 PM

I think that's funny!

Phillip Allen
04-15-2013, 09:45 PM

you're safe... most of our pseudo intelligentsia don't know what it means

skipper68
04-15-2013, 09:53 PM

you're safe... most of our pseudo intelligentsia don't know what it meansBraless is in.I can interpret menspeak! :D