PDA

View Full Version : Could we have a button to go to bottom of page

andrewpatrol
04-08-2013, 05:51 PM
As subject line. Cos after signing in its a pita to scroll down
Andrew

StevenBauer
04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
You can change your forum settings so it shows the latest posts at the top of the page.

Forum actions, general settings, thread display options. Done.

Steven

brucemoffatt
04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
The 'end' button on your keyboard should do that job if you don't want to reverse-order the posts.

John B
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
The end button works well ,as does the last post button , which is beside the last posters name in the thread listing. couple of little arrows.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/lastpost-right.png

bluedog225
04-08-2013, 10:29 PM
You can change your forum settings so it shows the latest posts at the top of the page.

Forum actions, general settings, thread display options. Done.

Steven

Cool. Forum magic.

Pete E
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Interesting, Very interesting. Learn some thing every day.....

pumpkin
04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Right click on your scroll bar and click on bottom.

andrewpatrol
04-15-2013, 07:15 PM
None of these is as intuitive, for a computer tolerator, as the "TOP" button that lives at the bottom of page. CAn we please put a "BOTTOM" button. I don't want to view my pages upside down. Musta been written by a PC user.

Garret
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
None of these is as intuitive, for a computer tolerator, as the "TOP" button that lives at the bottom of page. CAn we please put a "BOTTOM" button. I don't want to view my pages upside down. Musta been written by a PC user.

Moving a mouse horizontally across a page (the least accurate mouse movement direction, btw) & then clicking a button is easier than simply pressing the End key? Must be a Mac user... ;)

andrewpatrol
04-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Yep, mac user. Most of my browsing is by iPad (and i bet i'm not the only one) and if you can tell me an easy way on that it'd be great. I also have a pc desktop which is getting traded for an iMac when funds aren't going into boat. In fact it'd be good on that too. Actually I know what I forgot -- please.

Chip Chester
04-16-2013, 06:35 AM
Andrew, Not to jump in the fray or anything... Are you using Tapatalk for this forum, or just straight with your iPad? (Note that I don't have either one, but I do use the forum on PC and Mac.) Are you shooting for the "last post" with this request? Most "buttons" here turn out to be links, actually. They can be saved as bookmarks, although some may be session-specific. My browser bookmark for WBF is actually: http://forum.woodenboat.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=5&contenttype=vBForum_Post which is like clicking on "What's New?" but not just from the home page... I click directly in "from anywhere on the web" so to speak. (This is considered bad form in some circles... like skipping commercials with your TiVo.) Chip