PDA

View Full Version : Don't know why I didn't realize this earlier

cs
03-19-2013, 08:27 PM
In the past when I wanted to recycle an aerosol can I would take it outside and beat it with a hammer to bust it open and release the pressure.

Well a better way struck me today. It is called an air rifle. That has more than one advantage. Not only do ypu rel2 the pressure and recycle the steel can but you get to practice your markmanship. On top of that with the right amount of pumps on the air gun the BB only punctures one side of the can, thus releasing the pressure, thus trapping the BB in the can allowing you not only to recycle the can but the BB as well.

Chad

L.W. Baxter
03-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Or, just put them in the burn barrel and take cover!

hokiefan
03-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Just pump it up big time and shoot'em when they're brand new. Much more dramatical...:D

Cheers,

Bobby

Jimmy W
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
I've been doing that. Except I use my old 22 cal. Crosman pellet pistol.

Mrleft8
03-20-2013, 08:52 AM
CHAD!!!!! Just think of all those old cans of hair spray you could have shot! Damn! What a waste! :D

tizziec
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
You'll shoot your eye out kid! (sorry, it had to be said)

LeeG
03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Or, just put them in the burn barrel and take cover!

The burn barrel, is that legal anymore? When I was a kid and my folks were putting together the community theatre there was a burn pile in back that we threw paint cans into. For some reason I never remember the adult interventions.

hokiefan
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
The burn barrel, is that legal anymore? When I was a kid and my folks were putting together the community theatre there was a burn pile in back that we threw paint cans into. For some reason I never remember the adult interventions.

Don't know about legal, but its still done in many areas.

Cheers,

Bobby

David W Pratt
03-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Legal here, in some towns, but you need a permit from the fire Marshall

elf
03-20-2013, 11:01 AM
When you life is centered around guns, you spend all your time looking for something to shoot.

Do you have any idea how childish you appear?

Mrleft8
03-20-2013, 02:45 PM

How's that living in a house of mirrors going for you Em?...... :D

cs
03-20-2013, 05:14 PM
When you life is centered around guns, you spend all your time looking for something to shoot.

I hope that I appear quite childish, that would be great!

BTW I f I was so wrapped up in shooting I would have grabbbed something with a little more fire power. Maybe the .22 or the .380 or maybe something a little bigger like the 9mm or the .40 or one of the .45s. But then I could have went absolutely crazy and use the 30-30 or the M44. That would have been pretty cool, but really I was just looking for a quick and easy way to recycle a pressurized can.

And for your information even though me and the wife have a lot of guns that is not what my life is centered on. Rather it tends to revolve around my wife and daughter, boats and motorcycles. So in the meantime if you wanto charatrize me in that manner I would appreciate it if you didn't. I mean really when was the last time I called you names or judged you?

This is what drives me crazy about this place. I have enough stress in my life to come here and be called childish ju st because of something silly like this.

Chad

Tom Hunter
03-20-2013, 09:50 PM
I would like to appear more childish, but don't own a gun, someone help me.