PDA

View Full Version : I am such a good husband!

Rich Jones
03-18-2013, 08:37 AM
So, I get up this morning with my whole day planned. Was going to work on the new boat in my shop this morning, have a light lunch, than spend the afternoon skiing( perfect weather for it today). The wife was going to her gym, then do some shopping.
I was just asked by the wife, "Oh, wouldn't it be fun to go shopping for some new clothes for you, go out to lunch, then go to an afternoon movie?"
I hate shopping for clothes, I don't want to spend $30 for lunch, and I don't want to waste the afternoon watching what will undoubtably be a romantic chick-flick.
So, what was my answer to her question? "Yes, dear, that sounds like a great idea." Sigh.... what one does for a happy marriage.:d
Any other painful sacrifices made by you guys lately??

Joe Dupere
03-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I went away for an overnight to visit my daughter, son-in-law and my grandson. When I got back, my wife said, "Boy I missed you. I had to do all your chores while you were gone, and it made me realize how much you do around here."

Rich Jones
03-18-2013, 08:45 AM
She did it to me again last night. Dragged me to a youth-group concert at her church. I could appreciate the dedication of these kids and the tremendous effort that want into it, but it was like listening to a tape of "worst American Idol additions, ever". Very painful to the ears. Two and a half hours of it!!
I am such a good hushand!

Joe, I have heard that line from my wife also!

Todd D
03-18-2013, 09:01 AM
I had an opportunity to buy a neglected but sound 40' boat for $25K and passed it up.

bogdog
03-18-2013, 10:10 AM
So, I get up this morning with my whole day planned. Was going to work on the new boat in my shop this morning, have a light lunch, than spend the afternoon skiing( perfect weather for it today). The wife was going to her gym, then do some shopping.
I was just asked by the wife, "Oh, wouldn't it be fun to go shopping for some new clothes for you, go out to lunch, then go to an afternoon movie?"
I hate shopping for clothes, I don't want to spend $30 for lunch, and I don't want to waste the afternoon watching what will undoubtably be a romantic chick-flick.
So, what was my answer to her question? "Yes, dear, that sounds like a great idea." Sigh.... what one does for a happy marriage.:d

My wife would be more interested in working on a boat, then going out to lunch, followed by some XC skiing in the afternoon and again after supper. Of course we got no snow, haven't had any snow, don't look like we're ever going to get any snow, ever. Bad luck all around.

Rum_Pirate
03-18-2013, 10:51 AM

Congratulations. You earned one 'Brownie point'.

NB You lose these by the thousands, if not millions.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2WMPE-F6Am4/Tt174qZQ1eI/AAAAAAAACZQ/0LV-wAXc3Mc/s1600/BrowniePointBackXL.jpg

hokiefan
03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Congratulations. You earned one 'Brownie point'.

NB You lose these by the thousands, if not millions.

I think they're kinda like "Attaboys" in the working world.

One thousand "Attaboys" qualifies you to be a leader of men. One awe-sh$t wipes the slate clean. :(

Cheers,

Bobby

Breakaway
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
I just agreed to an April weekend in PA with the outlaws. We are going to an indoor water park for the kids and so my wife can hang with her sister. Just where I want to be during Spring boat-, house-, yard-make-ready season.

Did I mention there is a waterpark 8 minutes from here? And that the cost of the PA trip will exceed what it would cost for a family season pass at the local place where the kids could go like a dozen times?

Need I also mention that we have a powerboat, a selection of tubes, boards, skis and other toys upon which one can get wet and have fun ( and in a natural environment)?

Need I say that I HATE amusement parks of all types?

But as they say, "happy wife; happy life."

Bernadette
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
i would expect a guy to say EXACTLY what he wants to do and not cower behind doing what he thinks the missus wants. but then again im not into shopping malls, movies when its good outside, or amusement parks. and skiing would be at the top of the list of things to do by a long shot...just saying.

Rich Jones
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Just got back from my exciting day out. She bought me three pairs of dress shoes, looked at dozens of suits and coats, didn't like any of them so came home with only the shoes. She decided that instead of a movie, it would be more exciting to shop for a formal dress for an upcoming family wedding. So, I sat in a chair for over an hour while she tried on dresses, of course not finding one she liked.
And this wedding. Don't get me started. Her side of the family. Very Italian. We'll have to travel, spend three nights in a hotel and God-only-knows how much for a wedding present. Probably at least $300. I haven't seen the bride (my wife's niece) in years. God, how I dread this trip...

Rich Jones
03-18-2013, 03:19 PM
i would expect a guy to say EXACTLY what he wants to do and not cower behind doing what he thinks the missus wants. but then again im not into shopping malls, movies when its good outside, or amusement parks. and skiing would be at the top of the list of things to do by a long shot...just saying.

This is what my un-married son says. "I'll just tell her exactly what I want to do and she'd better listen!" So, I say to him, "Exactly how long do you want to stay married?".

bogdog
03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
I don't mind watching my wife try on clothes, I have good taste she knows it, that's why she wants me along, and she only does it a couple times a year. Her type of work demands appropriate clothing both for work and social occasions. All I have to do is throw on the same tux or suits I've been wearing for thirty years or more. Had to get a new tux shirt a few weeks ago, a two fer sale so I'm good for forever. I do tell my wife exactly what I want, she does the same, seems to work out fairly well.

Phil Y
03-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Hope you got lucky Rich.

Kevin T
03-18-2013, 04:44 PM
I'll take heat for this one , but I don't care.

On our deathbeds I seriously doubt we will say, dang if only I had spent 2 more hours alone skiing or man if I'd only spent 6 more hours in the shop, at work, etc

No I think we will lament the time we could have spent with loved ones and didn't.

Imagine, and I'll use the past tense (being just a tad superstitious) that it was the day before and she asked excitedly about you going with her for an afternoon out shopping, lunch, movies, whatever and instead you said; "no I'm good, I think I'll stay home fit a plank or two and then go skiing." She goes her way and you yours and something serious happened to her and you never saw her again, now how critical did fitting a plank and skiing turn out to be?

We owe our wives everything, they put up with our BS and occasionally let us "lay down" with them. And if you think that's nothing, take all your clothes off and go look in a mirror*.:rolleyes:

* Arguably, this applies more to forumites who've crossed the 40, or 50 yard line and beyond.:d

bogdog
03-18-2013, 05:46 PM
And if you think that's nothing, take all your clothes off and go look in a mirror*.:rolleyes:

* Arguably, this applies more to forumites who've crossed the 40, or 50 yard line and beyond.:dOMG! I'm going to bust a gut! Not that I have one;)

Bernadette
03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
kevin is right you know...

Rich Jones
03-18-2013, 07:06 PM
I'll take heat for this one , but I don't care.

On our deathbeds I seriously doubt we will say, dang if only I had spent 2 more hours alone skiing or man if I'd only spent 6 more hours in the shop, at work, etc

No I think we will lament the time we could have spent with loved ones and didn't.

Imagine, and I'll use the past tense (being just a tad superstitious) that it was the day before and she asked excitedly about you going with her for an afternoon out shopping, lunch, movies, whatever and instead you said; "no I'm good, I think I'll stay home fit a plank or two and then go skiing." She goes her way and you yours and something serious happened to her and you never saw her again, now how critical did fitting a plank and skiing turn out to be?

We owe our wives everything, they put up with our BS and occasionally let us "lay down" with them. And if you think that's nothing, take all your clothes off and go look in a mirror*.:rolleyes:

* Arguably, this applies more to forumites who've crossed the 40, or 50 yard line and beyond.:d

Right you are and that's why I readily agreed to this unplanned day of shopping. I also justified it by reasoning that the snow would have been a bit icy after a weekend of down-staters beating up the mountain. Supposed to have a foot of snow tomorrow, so skiing later this week will be so much better!

I love this woman more than life itself, but when she occasionally throws a wrench into my daily plans, it takes me a while to re-adjust.

And, approaching 60 years of age, I DO NOT look at myself nekked in the full length mirror!!:D

The Bigfella
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
http://www.rideasia.net/motorcycle-forum/attachments/humorous-photos/15629d1363509588-quirky-photos-bikes-not-husband.jpg

skipper68
03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm such a GOOD WIFE!
Action packed adventure, with me egging him on to the 8 second 27T cart,
Whiplash is her name!You have fun running around the world.
I have fun disembarking from me boat! Ughh.... :D

Stiletto
03-19-2013, 03:55 AM
Sigh.... what one does for a happy marriage.:d

The fact is that you are not happy, why cant you see it?

Rich Jones
03-19-2013, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Stiletto;3730154]The fact is that you are not happy, why cant you see it?[/QUOTE

Nope. I'm very happy. Just doing some light-hearted belly-aching. Everyday can't be sunshine and roses.|:)

tizziec
03-19-2013, 08:04 AM
No wonder my man keeps coming back after we fight. I hate shopping, would rather watch it on netflix, in bed with him, and love spedning the day working on a boat getting dirty :) LOL But when we DO go out, I let him where his mildly clean tee shirts and jeans while I doll it up in thigh highs and 4" heels HAAAA

Kevin T
03-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Right you are and that's why I readily agreed to this unplanned day of shopping. I also justified it by reasoning that the snow would have been a bit icy after a weekend of down-staters beating up the mountain. Supposed to have a foot of snow tomorrow, so skiing later this week will be so much better!

I love this woman more than life itself, but when she occasionally throws a wrench into my daily plans, it takes me a while to re-adjust.

And, approaching 60 years of age, I DO NOT look at myself nekked in the full length mirror!!:D

I hope you know I was giving you some gentle ribbing, you're one of the good ones here.

I don't look often either, although after a lot of hard work and discipline I'm happy to say that I'm within 2 pounds of being the weight I was when I graduated college. All it took was,. . . oh never mind it was damn hard, but it's a lot easier to get up in the morning now.|:)

S/V Laura Ellen
03-19-2013, 06:13 PM
I was going to post about what a great husband I am..... but my wife just looked at me, shook her head, and said don't even think about it.:)

JimD
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Mrs JimD would never ask me to spend an afternoon that way.

Bill R
03-20-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm lucky too. SWMBO would never ask me to spend the day that way. She hates it just as much as I do.