PDA

View Full Version : Magic air floating boat

callsign222
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
WB #231, page 20. How?

I say terrorists.

Peter Gottlund
03-27-2013, 07:28 AM
I finally took a look at page 20. Good eye!
Extreme shoal draft, no bottom painting needed!

Photoshop elves have to be involved. Would be neat to see a boatyard in wintertime with all of the jack stands erased. A big raft-up!

Ian McColgin
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Many of these were built with lifting eyes to the keel. If a couple are connected by a short sling to a hoist which could be coming up padded, that's what we'd see with that vertical white thing against the black open door that looks like it's coming up from just abaft the leading edge of the keel. There's a guy leading down off the port bow to keep her from twisting or dipping as the crane moves her, perhaps onto a trailor.

Phil Y
05-13-2013, 12:46 AM
I don't have the mag handy, but was wondeirng if this was going to a pic of a reverse clinker boat.

Pete E
05-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Wrong fellows on all counts... What you see is an example of the new flotation foam that just came out. New to the market... you will hear much about it in the future, It's good stuff it give the right amount of flotation but not to much. That is a problem they have been working on for years.

I don't think they were suppose to publish that picture yet. Since the secret is out, however it would be nice if you would keep to your self. I think the people who developed it would appreciate that..Y:o