PDA

View Full Version : Boat Building Club in Nebraska

Richard C. Sposato
11-12-2000, 10:55 AM
I am building a drift dory and am interested in joining a wooden boat building club

NormMessinger
11-12-2000, 06:30 PM
Building a boat in Nebraska, eh. You must think its gonna rain again sometime.

I've added your email address to the Boats-of-Wood, world headquarters David City, NE emailing list. BOW cannot be characterized as a club. We are just a loosly knit group which is made up of people with wooden boats or with an interest in same. We usually get together a couple of times a year at Branched Oak lake for chitchat, a picnic and some time on the water however, several attempts to formally organize have failed. A couple of the BOW group hang out here.

--Norm

Andreas Jordahl Rhude
11-14-2000, 12:38 PM
The Antique and Classic Boat Society has two chapters in Iowa: Iowa Great Lakes and Iowa. The former is mostly NW Iowa and SE South Dakota folks. I am sure they have NE participants as well. www.acbs.org (http://www.acbs.org)

Jim Budde
11-15-2000, 11:32 AM
Like Norm said ... we have a loose network of folks here who have built or have an interest in building wooden boats. What part of the state do you live in? How far along are you w/ the dory? Know a guy who built a drift dory a few years ago and uses it to travel down the Arkansa River in south central Colorado. I'll see if I can find his e mail address. (I'm in Lincoln and have built a sailboat. Am considering starting another

marko
09-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and it looks like this part of it hasn't been used in a while but if anyone out there is from around the Lincoln or Omaha NE area that has some experience with wooden boat sailing or building I'd sure like to here from you. I'm just starting to build a Penobscot 17 Arch Davis design sailboat, have little sailing experience and want to learn, thought maybe I could get some local advise on rigging and sailing.