PDA

View Full Version : The Small Ship Society

John Bridges
01-31-2002, 06:23 PM
Does any one know if this still exists and if so how I can contact them? There address was given in an old copy of Wooden Boat "On The Waterfront" in Vancouver, but my letter was returned. I am seeking their plans for converting a Sabot into a two masted Brigantine.

John Bridges

JJoohhnn
02-02-2002, 02:54 PM
Hi John

I saw your search in the Woodenboat forum. I only have the first page of the set of plans.
When I was a kid, I was a member of the Small Ship Society for many years. It was alot of fun.
The Small Ship Society no longer exists. When the driving force of the Small Ship Society, Barb Cedrof passed away , things kind of fizzled out.
I'm still in contact with alot of the old members so I'll try and get the rest of the pages for you.
Regards John.
I tried to email the plan to you, but it wouldn't send to your email address .I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post a picture on the forum yet so it will probably be a while till I can post them.

John Bridges
02-03-2002, 02:16 PM
[Thanks for the information I am getting excited. If you have problems sending a drawing by email how about the Post Office to 1743, Old State Road, Gibsonia PA 15044 USA, I kwill gladly refund postage and any other costs

John Bridges[/B][/QUOTE]

Aubrey L. Harper
02-03-2002, 09:15 PM
JJoohhnn: I noticed you have some knowledge about Vancouver, I recently bought a wooden motorsailer built by Taylor Brothers in vancouver around 1940. Can you provide any leads to anyone connected with Taylor Brothers?

Originally posted by JJoohhnn:
Hi John

I saw your search in the Woodenboat forum. I only have the first page of the set of plans.
When I was a kid, I was a member of the Small Ship Society for many years. It was alot of fun.
The Small Ship Society no longer exists. When the driving force of the Small Ship Society, Barb Cedrof passed away , things kind of fizzled out.
I'm still in contact with alot of the old members so I'll try and get the rest of the pages for you.
Regards John.
I tried to email the plan to you, but it wouldn't send to your email address .I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to post a picture on the forum yet so it will probably be a while till I can post them.

[This message has been edited by Aubrey L. Harper (edited 02-03-2002).]

JJoohhnn
02-04-2002, 09:46 AM
I'm following up on some leads to get copies of the remaining sheets of plans.In the mean time I'll send off what I have in the mail.
Regards John

Originally posted by John Bridges:
[Thanks for the information I am getting excited. If you have problems sending a drawing by email how about the Post Office to 1743, Old State Road, Gibsonia PA 15044 USA, I kwill gladly refund postage and any other costs

John Bridges

[/B][/QUOTE]

JJoohhnn
02-04-2002, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aubrey L. Harper:
[B] JJoohhnn: I noticed you have some knowledge about Vancouver, I recently bought a wooden motorsailer built by Taylor Brothers in vancouver around 1940. Can you provide any leads to anyone connected with Taylor Brothers?

Hi
I don't know much at all about the Taylor Brothers but I'll sniff around a little and see if I can come up with anything for you.
If anyone else reading this and has some information about the Taylor Brothers from Vancouver, British Columbia , feel free to jump in.
Regards John

Aubrey L. Harper
02-04-2002, 07:24 PM
JJoohhnn: Thanks for your response, any efforts you make in learning about Taylor Brothers of 1940 will be greatly appreciated. Aubrey

Originally posted by JJoohhnn:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aubrey L. Harper:
[B] JJoohhnn: I noticed you have some knowledge about Vancouver, I recently bought a wooden motorsailer built by Taylor Brothers in vancouver around 1940. Can you provide any leads to anyone connected with Taylor Brothers?

Hi
I don't know much at all about the Taylor Brothers but I'll sniff around a little and see if I can come up with anything for you.
If anyone else reading this and has some information about the Taylor Brothers from Vancouver, British Columbia , feel free to jump in.
Regards John

JJoohhnn
03-01-2002, 01:46 AM
Hi John Bridges

I got your note in the mail...Thanks.
I'm still working on getting the other sheets of plans for you...
Regards John

JJoohhnn
03-10-2002, 02:59 PM
Hi John Bridges;
I finally got around to getting that ImageStation going. Here is an image of part of page 1 of the plans for the small ship....

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid14/p8c4c18f758fb0ece6b70340e6aadd001/fde17d0f.jpg

I'm still working on getting the other sheets...
Regards John

[ 09-09-2002, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: JJoohhnn ]

Greg H
03-10-2002, 03:31 PM
I've never heard of the Small Ship Society, but that plan is interesting. How big is it? Any details would be wonderful.
Greg