PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love the health insurance company

Bob Adams
02-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Doubled my premimum this year...3 days until I get a new knee and the hospital calls asking for my help getting approval.WTF? Call them, they want me to try therapy (again) synthetic synovial fluid (already had 3 sets of three shots in each knee) then they suggest I need new MRIs and such knowing full well there is no time. Threatened to call the MD state insurance commissioner....I'll see what they say Monday. I used to have a "Caddilac" health care plan, man I didn't think it could be this bad.:mad:

George Jung
02-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Not sure who your insurance is, but no doubt - they're jerking you around. Your surgeon should be running point on this for you. If they think you've got an advocate who knows the laws and regs, you'll be amazed at how fast they snap into line.

Bob Adams
02-16-2013, 10:43 AM
It's actually a 3rd party that appoves proceedures for the insurance company. I've got some big guns on the case, but it's a damn shame to have the drama to add to the stress of the surgery!

George Jung
02-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I agree . Don't roll over on 'em; hold their feet to the fire (and I'd report them to the state insurance commission, anyway)

Gerarddm
02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Just another reason for single payer. Line 'em up...

McMike
02-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Single payer , all the way.