PDA

View Full Version : Unasked questions

John Smith
02-14-2013, 06:13 PM
I am frequently disappointed by questions that don't get asked.

When someone brings up the balanced budget amendment, I always look for somone to ask exactly how that would work in, for example, hurricane relief. Would automatic cuts elsewhere take immediate effect? Automatic tax increases?

Or would congress have to make these decisions each time, so help never gets there?

On guns and background checks, I'd like someone to explain how on earth we keep track of the guns over the years.

We all know the devil is in the details, but no one seems to exhibit any curiosity about those details.

S.V. Airlie
02-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Have Phillip send them. :)

wardd
02-14-2013, 06:34 PM
I am frequently disappointed by questions that don't get asked.

When someone brings up the balanced budget amendment, I always look for somone to ask exactly how that would work in, for example, hurricane relief. Would automatic cuts elsewhere take immediate effect? Automatic tax increases?

Or would congress have to make these decisions each time, so help never gets there?

On guns and background checks, I'd like someone to explain how on earth we keep track of the guns over the years.

We all know the devil is in the details, but no one seems to exhibit any curiosity about those details.

i ask all the time

John Smith
02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
i ask all the time

Good for ya. I list only the tip of an iceberg, as they say.

It's people in general who seem unwilling/unable to ask questions. There's a tendency to believe anything that comes in an email.

In this respect, we are our own worst enemy.

Cuyahoga Chuck
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM
They are playing to a very ignorant audience. Unfortunately the audience is us.
I keep rhinking of Rome and how it went down from the inside before the barbarians kicked in the door.