X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcford
    boatwright/film/video
    • Jul 2002

Feds to Discontinue Saturday Drone Service

Citing budgetary concerns, the United States announced today that it would discontinue regular Saturday drone strikes on U.S. citizens, beginning in 2014.

In announcing the decision, the White House spokesman Jay Carney acknowledged that the cutback in drone service was “bound to be controversial.” “In the United States, we’ve always prided ourselves on our ability to target our citizens with drone strikes, Monday through Saturday, regardless of the weather,” he said. “We know that losing Saturday drone service is going to take some getting used to.”
    But the move to cut back drone service drew sharp criticism from a longtime defender of the program, the former Vice-President Dick Cheney. “Like most Americans, I thought I’d never see the day when drones just up and take Saturdays off,” he said. “This would never be happening if I were still President.”
    As if to silence critics, Mr. Carney assured reporters that drones could “still get the job done” Monday through Friday, and reminded U.S. citizens to update the government on any change of address so the drones would know where to reach them.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...#ixzz2KEdyFuu7
  • Seasurfer
    • Mar 2011

Re: Feds to Discontinue Saturday Drone Service

DANG!
    Now when I'm off to work on Saturday mornings EVEN MORE leftist-gray-haired-ponytail-hippie men will be out in force clogging the lines at Pete's, Starbucks and even Noah's....
    Last edited by Seasurfer; 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• willmarsh3
      • Sep 2004

Don't forget the Apple store
      Will

Comment

• CATALINA GUY
        • Feb 2013

Express packages will still be delivered I heard

Comment

• Oysterhouse
          • Sep 2012

You mean they are going to up the cost of drone strikes and decrease service?
          Maybe they should sub it out to FedEx “when it absolutely, positively-------”

Nice post PC.
          Even a fish wouldn’t get in trouble if it kept it's mouth shut.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
            low information voter
            • Jun 2010

The govmit is just redirecting funds to the latest project. Be in fear, Yachties: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...-killer-drone/
            Conferences at the top level are always courteous. Name calling is left to the foreign ministers. (Averell Harriman)

Comment

Working...