Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Smith
    • Mar 2009

My computer has insomnia

It's supposed to go to sleep after 20 minutes, but it stays awake.

I've checked the control panel settings and they tell it to go to sleep.

I've run a full system scan

Still no sleep. Is this a sign that I have some invader?
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book
  • skuthorp
    • Jan 2002

Re: My computer has insomnia

It was with my old PC, I just switched the power off, or when on WiFi pulled the modem. Doesn't like it but it does the job. Now I have a Mac and I still get the occasional invader but it doesn't seem to matter much and I can expel them at leisure, or have the Mac Shop do it..

Comment

• Paul Pless
      pinko commie tree hugger
      • Oct 2003

You may have some process or task running in the background that makes your PC think its working and prevents it from going to 'sleep'.
      Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Bram V
        • Aug 2010

probably that yes, had it too, just check the processes tab and see what's running and does not belong. It need not be malignant, sometimes programs change or are not written correctly.
        If at first you fail, you need to expand your sample size.

Comment

• John Smith
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bram V
          probably that yes, had it too, just check the processes tab and see what's running and does not belong. It need not be malignant, sometimes programs change or are not written correctly.
          It looks like that's the case. Thanks.
          "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

Working...