• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Cheap bugger, ain't he?

Sanctimonious twit, if not a hoax:

A person claiming to be a pastor apparently tried to stiff a waiter on a tip, explaining that their work for God absolved them of having to leave one. A photo of the receipt, posted to Reddit.com, shows a bill for $34.93 that included an automatic 18 percent gratuity ($6.29) above a blank space for [...]
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.
  • alvin greenwood
    • Dec 2012

Re: Cheap bugger, ain't he?

One can claim anything in fact going by the anti religion people here im more likely to believe it was a liberal trying to make pastors look bad .

my wife worked as a hostess and the rule was wait staff put all tips in a pot and the Hostess and busboys got a percentage.

After awhile there was ZERO tips. each wait staff pocked their tables stiffing the Host and busboys.

I told my wife she had to bring this up to the manager but he did nothing.

So before i shed tears for wait staff i will remember how they cheated my wife and the busboys. In fact they laughed about it

regardless i tip 20 percent..

I know if i tip less karma will have me forget my hat and i will have to go back in.

Comment

• CWSmith
      New Hampshire
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by alvin greenwood
      ...So before i shed tears for wait staff i will remember how they cheated my wife and the busboys. In fact they laughed about it...
      Not the same wait staff, alvin. Different people, different place, or do you know more than you are letting on?
      "Where you live in the world should not determine whether you live in the world." - Bono

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Comment

• TomF
        Recalcitrant Heretic
        • Jun 2003

Twit. There are plenty out there.
        If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• B_B
          Banned
          • Sep 2001

Hey Alvin! What about your liberal conspiracy now, eh?
          Alois Bell is these three things: A pastor at her local St. Louis church, an Applebee’s customer and a reluctant tipper. And thanks to a waitress with attitude and a camera, the triad collided into a public firestorm that Ms. Bell says has ruined her reputation.
          Ms. Bell, it seems, resented that Applebee’s automatically charged her more for gratuity than she tithes to her own church, writing on her receipt after a Jan. 25 dinner, “I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?”

“My heart is really broken,” Ms. Bell, 37, told TheSmokingGun.com, calling her missive a “lapse in judgment” that was blown out of proportion. “I’ve brought embarrassment to my church and ministry.”

Applebees sucks:
          ...Applebee’s immediately fired the server ...

And the Pastor is not only a sanctimonious twit, she's an idiot too:
          Ironically, Ms. Bell left a $6 tip in cash not realizing her credit card had already been debited the 18% gratuity charged for parties of six or more, according to the New York Daily News.

Comment

Working...