PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Auto, High capacity, Pistol grip, Fully legal, No permit, Available by mail!

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Good Grief-What kind of loophole did these things get through??

Where are Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi? Somebody alert Obama! And get Eric Holder on the phone immediately!! Our response to this has got to be Fast and Furious!!

These very same models are used by our armed forces and civilian contractors worldwide!!
Completely legal in all 50 States including New York, Chicago and D.C. !!!
No background check required!!
No permit required!!
No waiting period!!
Legal to possess and use by anyone even if you are insane or a felon !!
Transport them open or concealed, fully loaded, anywhere--completely legally!!
Available to anyone, anywhere, even by mail - no questions asked!!
Semi-Automatic firearm, just pull the trigger and spray bullets everywhere!!
Easily and legally converted to Full-Auto-- a veritable legal machine gun!!
Gas operated just like the AR15!!
Assault weapon style Super High capacity magazine, every single model has at least double the capacity of an AR15!! Some even hold over 200 rounds!!
Assault weapon style pistol grip!!
Assault weapon style short barrel!!
Shoots a multitude of different caliber ammunition!!
Readily available ammunition that is even Bigger than AR15 ammo!!
Ammo is cheap-under $100.00 for 4000 rounds and readily available!!
Rugged design for today’s tough conditions!!
Smaller, lighter, quieter variants are readily available-perfect for concealment!!
These guns and ammo are even available at your local big box stores!!
Cheap!! Most models are under $300.00!!
How did we miss this?? Chances are that a few of them have even been in your own home!!

Imagine who owns these-- Your neighbors may have them, or that crazy guy down the street, or that teenager in the ratty van that is always looking for work !!

Why would anyone need one of these things?? Especially when the old fashioned single shot will do the very same job!!

These things are dangerous!! Accidents are rampant and people are getting hurt!! There are even reports of crews of studly Rambo types attacking whole neighborhoods with them. Particularly in the newest and most affluent parts of town. These armed gangs call themselves “Wood Butchers” and the carnage they inflect with these weapons is devastating!! This has got to stop!! One woman, Emma, 55, describes being attacked by one of these “Wood Butchers.” “I was going through the neighborhood, looking at all the new post going in, and this horrid little man tried to Nail Me!!"
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/Oysterhouse1/nr83a2_nailgun31_zps7514211a.jpg

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/Oysterhouse1/bg_PowerNailerBuyignGuide_stick1_zps2381df35.jpg 

This just in!! “Sniper model” also available. These are made to do just one thing-- fire armor piercing rounds through steel and concrete. Completely unconscionable!! Available on E-Bay for under $10.00.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b498/Oysterhouse1/imagesCALLRFWH_zps1cf2d764.jpg

Do something!! Now!! Quick!! Before we figure out exactly how devastating these things are!!

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_k0UtqLVNkFeILF8Em7yIYUmtQnMfy MLN8c9t1vLik5vampfvIA

Phillip Allen
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Peter, aren't your skids greased enough yet?

switters
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
deleted

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Peter, aren't your skids greased enough yet?

You may find this thread amusing. I find it to be in extremely poor taste.

That is a photo of Sandy Hook's Parking lot. You know, where the kids got shot. I know I know, it was a long time ago.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Poor taste? Possibly.
Satire? Definitely!!

Satire and vilification from the left is AOK!!
Satire from the right? Not so much.

PMJ 
You are the one with poor taste- Using pictures of dead little kids to further your own political agenda.

The president spoke-- I, a citizen of this country responded, with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Those children died as a direct result of your countrys gun proliferation, and you think it's hilarious to post threads about nailguns.

I don't have a political agenda. I live in Canada. Our children are quite safe, but you guys carry on.. that picture is the result of your indifference.

Bob Adams
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Those children died as a direct result of your countrys gun proliferation, and you think it's hilarious to post threads about nailguns.

I don't have a political agenda. I live in Canada. Our children are quite safe, but you guys carry on.. that picture is the result of your indifference.

Those children died because of a deranged/evil/whatever person. And yes, this thread was in horrible taste and should go poof.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 07:45 PM

It’s a thread about gun control and the fallacy of many “Gun Control” measures put in place by politicians, also about the vitriol and lunacy spouted by the rabid gun control left. If your feelings are hurt perhaps it is because the satire hit a little to close to home?

It is also a massive troll, I am impressed that I caught a big fish like you on the first cast.

Please, feel free to use the “ignore” feature.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 08:01 PM
this thread was in horrible taste and should go poof.

The thread stays.

Threads about the “National Grenade Association” have been posted- Satire
Threads about 100 ways to annoy republicans- Satire
Threads about gun owners- Satire
Threads about conservative politicians-Satire
Threads about conservative celebrities- Satire
Multiple snide and snarky post from the left- Satire?

But you want this one to go “poof”?

Cant stand an opposing viewpoint? Cant stand a thread that lampoons your sensibilities? Are you sure that you don’t want to dismantle the second amendment so that you can get to work on the first?

Report the thread. If Scot wants to pull it he will.

Bob Adams
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
I'm not gonna mash the button. No matter your view on gun control, satire while the visions of the grieving parents are fresh in everyones mind is piss poor taste anyway you look at it. It's your thread, do as you see fit.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
I'm not gonna mash the button. No matter your view on gun control, satire while the visions of the grieving parents are fresh in everyones mind is piss poor taste anyway you look at it. It's your thread, do as you see fit.

Fair enough, I support your first amendment rights.

Ian McColgin
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
The thread can stay. It shows that some of the gun fancy think that a nail gun, admittedly dangerous at contact range, is like a semiautomatic firearm that can kill many at substantial distance. Their display of ignorance really helps the gun control cause and they should be allowed to display their bad taste and ignorance as fully as they want.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
The thread can stay.------ and they should be allowed to display their bad taste and ignorance as fully as they want.

Ian, Thank you for your support.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 08:59 PM
It’s a thread about gun control and the fallacy of many “Gun Control” measures put in place by politicians, also about the vitriol and lunacy spouted by the rabid gun control left. If your feelings are hurt perhaps it is because the satire hit a little to close to home?

It is also a massive troll, I am impressed that I caught a big fish like you on the first cast.

Me a big fish? You must be confused.

As for the fallacy of gun control, the only people who live that fallacy at the expense of their childrens lives are Americans.

My feelings don't get hurt on internet forums populated by people who refuse to divulge their real identities then pretend their opinions still matter.

I'm sorry you see humour in trolling about this when so many parents are grieving from the shooting death of their child.

I will determine when I use the ignore feature, not you. Sorry to tell you, you're not in charge here, or anywhere, likely.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Me a big fish? You must be confused.

As for the fallacy of gun control, the only people who live that fallacy at the expense of their childrens lives are Americans.

My feelings don't get hurt on internet forums populated by people who refuse to divulge their real identities then pretend their opinions still matter.

I'm sorry you see humour in trolling about this when so many parents are grieving from the shooting death of their child.

I will determine when I use the ignore feature, not you. Sorry to tell you, you're not in charge here, or anywhere, likely.

Glad that I could brighten your day!!

PS. Na-Na-Ne-Boo-Boo to you to.

hanleyclifford
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey, Pierre looks like the kids are going to act toute de suite! http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57564578-504083/seven-year-old-brought-loaded-gun-to-nyc-school-police-say/

WX
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Your dinner will taste better if you keep your nose north of the border.
The US is very good at poking it's nose over other peoples borders, which we in the Free World feel we have the same right to poke our collective noses over the US border. Seeing how what you do affects us.

hanleyclifford
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
The US is very good at poking it's nose over other peoples borders, which we in the Free World feel we have the same right to poke our collective noses over the US border. Seeing how what you do affects us. But must you poke it into the Bilge?;)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM

I rest my case, and I know more about boats than you do. ;)

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 10:32 PM
----- and I know more about boats than you do. ;)

That one-- I am going to concede.Y>

WX
01-17-2013, 10:39 PM
But must you poke it into the Bilge?;)
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance, no matter where it leads.:)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 10:41 PM
That one-- I am going to concede.Y>

na na nanee noo noo. :D

Honestly Oysterhouse, I just don't want any family to have to go through the pain of the Sandy Hook parents. You guys really need to do something about this, and the rest of the world already knows how. It isn't a big deal.

hanleyclifford
01-17-2013, 10:43 PM

Honestly Oysterhouse, I just don't want any family to have to go through the pain of the Sandy Hook parents. You guys really need to do something about this, and the rest of the world already knows how. It isn't a big deal. Yeah, but we got this thing about foreigners telling us.

WX
01-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Yeah, but we got this thing about foreigners telling us.
You get use to it, we've had it for over 200 years. First the Poms, then you buggers and now the Chinese are trying to tell us what we can print about them.:)

Peter Malcolm Jardine
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Sometimes we can't see our own images. I've been there, and it took others to tell me. I'm glad they did.

I don't have much to tell the insecure weak people who need some kind of metal power to make them feel strong. They have bigger problems to overcome. The real leaders already know what they have to do long before I said anything. The silent majority have to be shaken sometimes.

hanleyclifford
01-17-2013, 10:53 PM
You get use to it, we've had it for over 200 years. First the Poms, then you buggers and now the Chinese are trying to tell us what we can print about them.:) So do the Chinese own your newspapers?

Gerarddm
01-17-2013, 10:54 PM
What a stupid thread.

Oysterhouse
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM

Honestly Oysterhouse, I just don't want any family to have to go through the pain of the Sandy Hook parents. You guys really need to do something about this, and the rest of the world already knows how. It isn't a big deal.

I got it PMJ, and believe it or not I feel the same way. I lost my only son two years ago and I understand the pain that those parents feel. If I honestly thought that giving up all my gun rights would prevent tragedies like Sandy Hook I would do it in an instant. If I thought that giving up my life would prevent tragedies like Sandy Hook, I would do it in an instant. We want the same thing. We just differ on how to accomplish those goals.

I intentionally waited until Obama made his “Gun Control” pitch before posting the above thread-- and I posted that thread as a satirical response to the gun control conversation going on right now. I mean no disrespect to the Sandy Hook families.

And believe it or not I actually support many of the initiatives that Obama undertook. I do however get fed up with the self righteous vilification of all gun owners, and with the sanctimonious BS directed at us. We are responsible law abiding citizens, we deserve to have our position heard, and we deserve respect. The opposing side on the left deserves the same.

I don’t like your politics, but I respect you as a person--I hope that you will find it in your heart to feel the same about me.

PeterSibley
01-18-2013, 02:51 AM
Those children died because of a deranged/evil/whatever person. And yes, this thread was in horrible taste and should go poof.

I agree with half of the above, the taste is excretable.

stevebaby
01-18-2013, 03:41 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVX8Ae2WvPX8nLvgBWw9gGfamV_MR7 IJF5Z98t9MgCMx5HEG4

Coming soon to a Home Depot near you.The battery is probably crap. Better go high capacity.
Sometimes you just gotta show a boat who's boss.

Curtism
01-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Do they make this in a right angle model?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLVX8Ae2WvPX8nLvgBWw9gGfamV_MR7 IJF5Z98t9MgCMx5HEG4

(If they did, they could call it the Sharon Angle edition.) :rolleyes:

hokiefan
01-18-2013, 04:18 AM
I got it PMJ, and believe it or not I feel the same way. I lost my only son two years ago and I understand the pain that those parents feel. If I honestly thought that giving up all my gun rights would prevent tragedies like Sandy Hook I would do it in an instant. If I thought that giving up my life would prevent tragedies like Sandy Hook, I would do it in an instant. We want the same thing. We just differ on how to accomplish those goals.

I intentionally waited until Obama made his “Gun Control” pitch before posting the above thread-- and I posted that thread as a satirical response to the gun control conversation going on right now. I mean no disrespect to the Sandy Hook families.

And believe it or not I actually support many of the initiatives that Obama undertook. I do however get fed up with the self righteous vilification of all gun owners, and with the sanctimonious BS directed at us. We are responsible law abiding citizens, we deserve to have our position heard, and we deserve respect. The opposing side on the left deserves the same.

I don’t like your politics, but I respect you as a person--I hope that you will find it in your heart to feel the same about me.

I'm sorry. Having held my dead baby girl years ago there are no other words. I'm really sorry.

stevebaby
01-18-2013, 04:28 AM
Do they make this in a right angle model?

(If they did, they could call it the Sharon Angle edition.) :rolleyes:Of course, if it doesn't shoot bronze ringnails it's useless.

Ron Williamson
01-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I live in Canada. Our children are quite safe, but you guys carry on.. that picture is the result of your indifference.

Don't kid yourself.
It could have happened here.
R

Ian McColgin
01-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Donn, WX is not saying that at all. I support his notion that we each have the right and duty to criticize our own governments and nations, and by the same token we each have the right to criticize other governments and nations. I have no problem with a person criticizing things the US does whether his or her own nation does differently or the same.

One need not be a saint to have a point of view. One can even be wrong.

People have the right and duty to make critiques even when they disagree with me.

Ian McColgin
01-18-2013, 07:50 AM
I understand the hypocrisy of claiming to support free speech for myself while denying the right of others to criticize me. How is it hypocrisy to welcome criticism and debate from all parties?

PeterSibley
01-18-2013, 04:57 PM
So do the Chinese own your newspapers?

Call it "influence", we aren't taking too much notice but China is like a large grey cloud just over the horizon.

Phillip Allen
01-18-2013, 05:06 PM
I understand the hypocrisy of claiming to support free speech for myself while denying the right of others to criticize me. How is it hypocrisy to welcome criticism and debate from all parties?

haven't you noticed any attempts to shout me down?

PeterSibley
01-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Mission impossible .

Phillip Allen
01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Mission impossible .

you bet!

Oysterhouse
01-19-2013, 03:52 AM
I think that in a lot of cases people stake out a position based only on emotion or a strong devotion to a rigid ideology. They then do not allow themselves the luxury of being able to budge on a position without “losing”-- and who wants to be a loser?

Folks are so busy defending, justifying and proving themselves “right” that they can not even hear what the other side is saying. Respect for opposing viewpoints, and the people holding those viewpoints vaporizes, to be replaced by snarkiness and thinly veiled antagonism.

This has been most prevalent around the gun issue. Both sides hold valid viewpoints and have valid concerns, but the conversation quickly devolves into--- “ I have the moral/intellectual/historical/emotional high ground and you are a poopy-head. So go suck eggs”.

I lurked on this board for several years and there were a lot of very high quality posters that lead an interesting and civil conversation. Now--Not so much. I started posting so that I could engage with and learn from people that have differing viewpoints, experiences, political ideals, education, and perspectives than myself. Not so that I could be a defensive reactionary, or offensive in any way.

I told myself that I would be civil, friendly and respectful with all that I engaged, and I have endeavored to do so. However I find myself becoming snarkier by the day. That is not who I want to be. There is something corrosive in the bilge water.

I am going to go topside and get some air, maybe even get off of the ship for a while. I’ll check back with you Rats in about a week.

A special thanks to Meli. One of her post put some things in perspective for me.

PeterSibley
01-19-2013, 04:09 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_k0UtqLVNkFeILF8Em7yIYUmtQnMfy MLN8c9t1vLik5vampfvIA

Poor taste? Possibly.
Satire? Definitely!!

Satire and vilification from the left is AOK!!
Satire from the right? Not so much.

PMJ 
You are the one with poor taste- Using pictures of dead little kids to further your own political agenda.

The president spoke-- I, a citizen of this country responded, with my tongue firmly in my cheek.

I agree with half of the above, the taste is excretable.

I think that in a lot of cases people stake out a position based only on emotion or a strong devotion to a rigid ideology. They then do not allow themselves the luxury of being able to budge on a position without “losing”-- and who wants to be a loser?

Folks are so busy defending, justifying and proving themselves “right” that they can not even hear what the other side is saying. Respect for opposing viewpoints, and the people holding those viewpoints vaporizes, to be replaced by snarkiness and thinly veiled antagonism.

This has been most prevalent around the gun issue. Both sides hold valid viewpoints and have valid concerns, but the conversation quickly devolves into--- “ I have the moral/intellectual/historical/emotional high ground and you are a poopy-head. So go suck eggs”.

I lurked on this board for several years and there were a lot of very high quality posters that lead an interesting and civil conversation. Now--Not so much. I started posting so that I could engage with and learn from people that have differing viewpoints, experiences, political ideals, education, and perspectives than myself. Not so that I could be a defensive reactionary, or offensive in any way.

I told myself that I would be civil, friendly and respectful with all that I engaged, and I have endeavored to do so. However I find myself becoming snarkier by the day. That is not who I want to be. There is something corrosive in the bilge water.

I am going to go topside and get some air, maybe even get off of the ship for a while. I’ll check back with you Rats in about a week.

A special thanks to Meli. One of her post put some things in perspective for me.

You have to admit it hasn't been an easy thread to be passive about, in your own words , a troll but with considerably more than the norm.

Enjoy the break.