PDA

View Full Version : The Three Stooges, Graham, McConnel, & Boehner are in another Full-Court Press

Nicholas Scheuer
01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
This time against Hagel. Their hypocricy is boundless.

Rich Jones
01-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Agreed. Let's hope it's just bark with no bite. Those idiots in the GOP have to agree to something, someday.

Chip-skiff
01-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Agreed. Let's hope it's just bark with no bite. Those idiots in the GOP have to agree to something, someday.

I'd think they agree that campaign donations and lobbying support from AIPAC are wonderful.

Gerarddm
01-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Got that right. They act like they are ignorant that a majority of Israelis do not want an Iranian war.

skuthorp
01-08-2013, 05:13 AM
I don't think they recognise the last two presidential election results. Either that or there's another agenda n play.

John Smith
01-08-2013, 06:12 AM
Question is:when is the public going to catch on? Ryan was all for federal money when his state needed it, but voted against money for Sandy relief. He's not alone.

Senators have to answer to an entire state. House members only to their district. Don't bet on Hagel being confirmed, Sandy relief, or a debt ceiling increase. In the senate, it only takes one. In the House, majority rules, but Boehner gets to decide whether something comes up for a vote.

beernd
01-08-2013, 02:37 PM
This time against Hagel. Their hypocricy is boundless.

Sir,
I must beg you to refrain from abusing the reputation of the three Stooges, because they were god honest clowns.

The Repub talking heads, are not funny, they are even far beyond just being unfunny.
If I would reicarnate today as a repub, I would run down to the gunstore buy the biggest handgun in store and kill myself with it, and I would have been just in time before those fourletterworded Democrates would take that gun away from me.

@Nicolas Scheuer,
Dear WB forumist, please go ahead and keep trying, to explain to the Repubs why they are , wrong redicilous (etc).
But I must beg you to not tarnish the reputation of a band of great comiedians.

ETA
I would have liked to know what they would have made of the Repub, desintegration.;)

Garret
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Good point on how that tarnishes the rep of the 3 stooges.

John Smith
01-08-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't think anyone can explain the Republicans. At least not in a way that excuses them.

They are the party that hates single moms, welfare, and kids on food stamps, but passes law after law guaranteeing more of these.

They voted for all the things that have driven up the debt and deficit that they now complain about.

You can't even find someone on this forum who can cite a single thing since '92 that the Republicans have gotten right as a matter of fact or predicting an outcome. Not one. They have gotten everything wrong during that time.

Why do people still listen to Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gingrich, et al?

Nicholas Scheuer
01-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Good point, beernd. Perhaps before they quiet themselves, we will think of a special "endearment" all their own. Haven't got tim at the moment to sketch a symbol, but I'm thinking a take-off of the pair of "69" dolphins folks like, but this one would be a pair of embracing elephants with their heads planted firmly up the other's (you-know-what).

Garret
01-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I've got it.

Years ago, a farmer near me wanted to change the farm over to a golf course in a town pop. ~1,000. The planning commission told him his chances were slim. He said OK - if you don't approve the golf course, I have a plan here all drawn up for a 35 house development. He got approval in less than 2 weeks.

So - Obama says to the Reps: I want Hagel. If you don't approve him, I'll nominate Jane Fonda. Think that'd scare 'em enough?

Bob Adams
01-08-2013, 03:42 PM
I've got it.

Years ago, a farmer near me wanted to change the farm over to a golf course in a town pop. ~1,000. The planning commission told him his chances were slim. He said OK - if you don't approve the golf course, I have a plan here all drawn up for a 35 house development. He got approval in less than 2 weeks.

So - Obama says to the Reps: I want Hagel. If you don't approve him, I'll nominate Jane Fonda. Think that'd scare 'em enough?

It would sure as hell scare me!

alvin greenwood
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I find it good policy to not make fun of people with their names or compare them to comedians, I never mock Obamas name lest i find myself being the crazy uncle in the attic ranting.

Mrleft8
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I've got it.

No. Sadly, it'd be just another excuse for them to waste more time and money not doing something.....
Considering that half of those congressmen wouldn't belong to a country club that admitted Jews and Blacks until there were laws forcing them to, I find the "Hagel's an anti-Semite" chant to be among the most odious of the hypocrisies yet out of this crowd.....

Chris Coose
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Sonsowhores.

They're gonna screw with a Cabinet pick? Means they'll screw with every move the President makes. Too bad for the government day to day but after 4 more years of that sht, there won't be anything left of Republicans.

Tom Montgomery
01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
A photo of Lindsey Graham has become my favorite dart-board target.

What a turd. The other day he characterized Obama's impending nomination of Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense as being "in your face."

Lindsey need only look in the mirror to see a politician who is constantly "in your face."

ccmanuals
01-08-2013, 08:23 PM
No. Sadly, it'd be just another excuse for them to waste more time and money not doing something.....
Considering that half of those congressmen wouldn't belong to a country club that admitted Jews and Blacks until there were laws forcing them to, I find the "Hagel's an anti-Semite" chant to be among the most odious of the hypocrisies yet out of this crowd.....

Oh really? What exactly did he say that was so anti Semite My guess is you don't really know what he said.

Tom Montgomery
01-08-2013, 08:32 PM
"The political reality is that … the Jewish lobby intimidates a lot of people up here," Chuck Hagel said.

Hagel later apologised for the use of the term "Jewish lobby", saying he should have said "pro-Israel lobby", an issue of particular sensitivity because it touches on antisemitic tropes about Jewish control, but also because it is inaccurate, given the wider support for Israel among Americans, notably Christian evangelicals. But Hagel did not back down over the thrust of his comments.
When questioned during his confirmation hearing Hagel should say, "I had in mind AIPAC," and reiterate his apology for not having said, "the pro-Israeli lobby."

alvin greenwood
01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Sonsowhores.

They're gonna screw with a Cabinet pick? Means they'll screw with every move the President makes. Too bad for the government day to day but after 4 more years of that sht, there won't be anything left of Republicans..

The "lion of the senate" started this opposing in a mean way thus far untouched for its nastiness.

Robert Bork's America is a land in which women would be forced into back-alley abortions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_abortion), blacks would sit at segregated lunch counters, rogue police could break down citizens' doors in midnight raids, schoolchildren could not be taught about evolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_and_evolution_in_public_education), writers and artists would be censored (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship) at the whim of government, and the doors of the federal courts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_courts) would be shut on the fingers of millions of citizens for whom the judiciary is often the only protector of the individual rights that are the heart of our democracy.

Tom Montgomery
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Cool Alvin

Your vision of America is where tit-for-tat, retaliation, and 'two wrongs make a right" is the prevailing ethic. :rolleyes:

If you hate America so much why not just move?

Oh... let me guess... you simply enjoy the politics of personal destruction too much to immigrate.

Chris Coose
01-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Was Bork a Cabinet pick?
Is Hagel appointed for life?

Tom Montgomery
01-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Correct Chris. Bork and Hagel. Apples and Oranges.

The 21st century GOP is absolutely bankrupt.

fishrswim
01-09-2013, 02:16 AM
The Dead Elephant Party is it's own worst enemy. They just don't get it. I'm hoping after they go away, that we'll get a truly liberal party in this country to counter the democrats.