PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here restoring antique boats from '40s or earlier?

HeadMistress
12-13-2003, 11:11 AM
I ask because I've recently acquired some Oberdorfer bronze gear pressure pumps from that era from my father. His father--my grand dad--was a machinist in FL, who "marinized a lot of Buick engines in the '30s and '40s. These pumps were among the things my dad kept when he cleaned out the shop after grand dad died in 1962. Dad (who's now 88 and cleaning out at least 50 years of assorted treasures in his own work shop) just brought them to me to get rid of. My first thought was to put them on eBay...but because my grandfather used these to marinize engines, it seems logical that people who are restoring a boat from that era to original specs might want them...which is why I'm telling you about them. I hope you don't mind.

These pumps are at least 50 years old, but have never been used...according to the old catalog pages that a wonderful person at Oberdorfer was kind enough to send me, they're "model 50 solid bronze gear pumps" that were made up to 1947.

There are 5 of 'em, in 3 configurations. I've taken digital photos, and can supply--once I scan 'em from the stuff Oberdorfer sent me--drawings, dimensions, and capacity charts. If interested, please email me?

formerlyknownasprince
12-15-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi Peggie

I'm doing a 1938 50' cruiser - and would love to talk to you about the pumps - if I didn't live 12,000 miles away!

Good luck with finding them a good home.

Ian