PDA

View Full Version : Digital Subscriptions

Carl Cramer
01-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Dear All --

Those of you who are current digital subscribers already know this.

We are moving to a new digital subscription service. It may take a week or two before this transition is complete.

Please bear with us during this time? I'm pretty certain it will be worth your wait.

Thanks so much, Carl

captobie
01-30-2013, 06:13 PM
Is this why all my issues have vanished from the iOS app?

Carl Cramer
01-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Yes, we had to reapply. It's an interminable process which hopefully will be resolved next week.

I apologize for the inconvenience. We alerted all our digital subscribers before the switch, but couldn't do so with iTunes subscribers -- because iTunes doesn't share that information with us.

Thanks, Carl

captobie
01-31-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the update, I was a little alarmed when I saw all my issues missing.

Doug Wood
02-07-2013, 08:52 AM
...and it still doesn't work.

Owen423
02-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Hi Carl,
The iTunes application package has a mechanism called push notification. That pushes a message out to all of the users of your app automatically, without needing any further details...

How is the approval process going for the iTunes Store.?

Owen

Carl Cramer
02-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Oh so slowly, Owen..... They (iTunes) have been impossible to deal with.

But yesterday we got a hold of an actual person there. So perhaps we'll make progress....

Thanks, Carl

germanreader
03-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Now it is March 1st, and I am not able to receive my new WB issue. No notification mail, but also no internet access possible, as the
homepage now requests acess data that were never shared with me. On top of that, all issues on the iphone are gone.
I propose to provide us digital subscribers with the paper issue as long as this situation continues. Or is it my fault, did I miss anything?
Regards Detlef

jahlinux
03-01-2013, 06:15 PM
germanreader,

I get an email each month with a link to download a pdf copy of the magazine. As a digital subscriber you should be getting the same email, if not I would ask WoodenBoat to send you the link. I never really used the app very much. I prefer getting the pdf copy and use the app GoodReader to read the issue.

TGreaves
03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Yikes. I need one login and password for the Digital Edition of WoodenBoat, another login and password for WoodenBoat newsletter, another login and password for the WoodenBoat store and another login and password for the WoodenBoat forum: four logins, four passwords. And oh by the way, the iPad version doesn't work. Why not get the iPad version to work first, then pull the flush lever on the old system. WB is a wonderful resource but please get some help with your digital delivery. Tom

Joeconway
03-05-2013, 07:25 AM
The situation regarding the iPad subscription is total unsatisfactory. I did not receive and email telling me that the changeover was happening and now I have lost all my old issues and cannot access the latest one. In the meantime you have my money and there seems to be nothing I can do. What is happening?

Carl Cramer
03-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks, all. For those of you with iPads or iPhones, and are still experiencing difficulties with iTunes, please contact our subscription office:

wbcirc@woodenboat.com

Thanks for your patience, Carl