PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Sony action cam' and uploading movies

Larks
12-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I was very fortunate to receive a Sony action cam for christmas but need help on transferring or uploading movies from the camera to my iPod and laptop

http://www.sony.com.au/productcategory/cam-action-cam?cid=Action%20Cam%7CGeneric%7CB:GoogleAu:AdGrou p1&mkwid=swxW0kFEQ&pcrid=33669423568&kword=action%20camera&match=b&plid=

The instructions hat come with the camera are completely useless, I've managed to find a couple of helpful sites and a forum that have been very helpful in translating how to link the camera to my iPhone and iPod to "drive" the camera, ie use them to set up the camera and view the image from the camera (there's no view finder on the camera).

But, I'm blowed if I can find any help anywhere on how to transfer the movies that I shoot.

The iPod and iphone require an App to be downloaded "play memories mobile" to control the camera and I've been able to use that to copy a movie to my phone, but not to my iPod and the same app won't work on the laptop so I can't get movies onto that.

any thoughts?

Andrew Craig-Bennett
12-26-2012, 07:07 AM
Funnily enough I am having the same issues with the Sony Bloggie that appeared yesterday...

For some reason the French instructions are much more comprehensive than the English ones.