PDA

View Full Version : The world is a strange place

Dave Gray
12-20-2012, 10:22 PM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/20/16039942-rumors-of-plot-to-sterilize-muslims-with-polio-vaccine-spark-killings-in-pakistan?lite

"These vaccines are meant to destroy our nation," said Khan, a 42-year-old lawyer in the city of Peshawar. "The [polio] drops make men less manly, and make women more excited and less bashful. Our enemies want to wipe us out."

Beware of excited women who are less bashful! (when I was young that is precisely the kind of woman I wanted to meet. Damned old geezer!).

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
The heart of this story is those administering the vaccine are being targeted for assassinarion. Other than that it's a story about widespread ignorance that does not bear repeating.

Dave Gray
12-20-2012, 10:31 PM
The heart of this story is those administering the vaccine are being targeted for assassinarion. Other than that it's a story about widespread ignorance that does not bear repeating.

Well, yes, it is a story about ignorance, repression, and narrow minded malice. As is often the case, even here in the most open of forums, the bilge.

George Jung
12-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Interesting to me in that it offers a different explanation for the killings. I'd understood it was because the healthcare workers were suspected as spys for the West, especially since BinLaden was identified via a physician involved in the vaccination program.

Or are there several, different factors at work here?

Chris Woodward
12-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Except we used this as a pretext to find Bin Laden

George Jung
12-20-2012, 10:49 PM
A pretext? I believe the vaccine program is real - but 'we' did, indeed, use a Pakistani physician (and perhaps others???) to identify bin Laden.

Chris Woodward
12-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Many also believe that much like the Pakistani physician, Dr. Shakeel Afridi, who helped the CIA run a fake vaccination program to establish the presence of Osama bin Laden (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47944034/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/t/asset-who-helped-cia-find-osama-bin-laden-solitary-cell-pakistan/), the army of health workers employed to vaccinate the country’s children are also on the United States’ payroll.
Yes, I believe that the USA used a fake program
Perhaps I should have used "pretense"

BrianW
12-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Well, the good doctor, Shakil Afridi, is rotting in a Pakistan prison for his help.

Remind me to never help President Obama when he's looking to make a name for himself.

Gerarddm
12-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Brian, you appear more stump-like with every inane post. Why do you do that?

Syed
12-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Well, the good doctor, Shakil Afridi, is rotting in a Pakistan prison for his help.

Remind me to never help President Obama when he's looking to make a name for himself.

The good doctor was a greedy person too. Good doctors do not run fake anti polio campaigns.

BrianW
12-21-2012, 02:24 AM
Brian, you appear more stump-like with every inane post. Why do you do that?

Because I feel we should have extracted and helped the doctor.

But it was made quite obvious, Obama will not support the one person who made his "I killed Obama" claim to fame a reality.

Therefore, my comment is quite clear, and probably what any future ally in our war against terror is thinking.

One doesn't have have to be predisposed to disliking Obama to see the logic in that. Even normal people can recognize a major screwing when it's that obvious.

BrianW
12-21-2012, 02:25 AM
The good doctor was a greedy person too. Good doctors do not run fake anti polio campaigns.

Are you saying he deserves to be in jail?

Syed
12-21-2012, 02:29 AM
Are you saying he deserves to be in jail?

If proven guilty in accordance with the law of the land, yes.

PeterSibley
12-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Well, yes, it is a story about ignorance, repression, and narrow minded malice. As is often the case, even here in the most open of forums, the bilge.

It's also a story about the results of the military using medical aid as a front and the suspicion that arises from that.

seanz
12-21-2012, 05:06 AM
I wasn't aware of that connection. That's just wrong.

LeeG
12-21-2012, 05:22 AM

Wtf, the motivation for getting OBL is self-promotion for Obama?