PDA

View Full Version : Offered With Comment

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 02:31 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/new%20album/37bfd38727bef560ef509b5b28b77556.jpg

Bwaaaaa ha ha we won you lost again.

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I sincerely hope and wish that now that he no longer has to worry about promoting his political career, that he will finally let his 'fro go. . .

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
I figure that the 'award' is well-deserved.I figure when Time can't think of anybody else deserving they often throw up a stock photo of the current president. Seriously, the only two other people that I can think of that could be in the running this year would be either Bashar al-Assad or Malala Yousafzai. BTW, I was serious about the afro, if Obama would throw one out there, I'd let mine fly too, as an act of solidarity. . .

Phillip Allen
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
just another 'Peace Prize'

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 02:52 PM
I sincerely hope and wish that now that he no longer has to worry about promoting his political career, that he will finally let his 'fro go. . .

I think I saw the fro gro a bit when he whiped away some Newtown tears and alluded to taking taking your preciouse little assualt type guns away ala Brother Malcom by any means nessasary, ya dig.

pefjr
12-19-2012, 02:55 PM
2 times, same as W. Whoopee! Khomeini got in one time. Interesting..... Time is misogynistic (this is for Allison and or Farfalla).

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 02:55 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/new%20album/37bfd38727bef560ef509b5b28b77556.jpg

Bwaaaaa ha ha we won you lost again.

I'm glad your happy, and you are free to sovel as much crow down my throat as you see fit. I'm not really sure what this means though as the following have also been Person of the Year: Adolph Hitler, Mark Zuckerberg, Vladimir Putin, Joseph Stalin, George Bush (43), Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan and Ayatollah Khomeini to name but a few. The HuffPoo just published an article complaining (or perhaps observing) that Time has not named a woman as Person of the Year for over 26 years...War on Women?

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Time is misogynistic (this is for Allison and or Farfalla).roflmao!!

Shang
12-19-2012, 03:04 PM
I sincerely hope and wish that now that he no longer has to worry about promoting his political career...

You are referring to Mitt Romney?

...that he will finally let his 'fro go.

Because if you are referring to President Obama your remark sounds racist.

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm glad your happy, and you are free to sovel as much crow down my throat as you see fit. I'm not really sure what this means though as the following have also been Person of the Year: Adolph Hitler, Mark Zuckerberg, Vladimir Putin, Joseph Stalin, George Bush (43), Newt Gingrich, Ronald Reagan and Ayatollah Khomeini to name but a few. The HuffPoo just published an article complaining (or perhaps observing) that Time has not named a woman as Person of the Year for over 26 years...War on Women?

How can you be so predictable do I know have to list all the GOOD people who where TPOTY

Gandhi

Roosevelt

Roosevelt

Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Yadda yadda yadda you don't get it anyway why bother

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Because if you are referring to President Obama your remark sounds racist.I was referring to Obama, how could what I said be construed as racist?

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 03:19 PM
How can you be so predictable do I know have to list all the GOOD people who where TPOTY

Gandhi

Roosevelt

Roosevelt

Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Yadda yadda yadda you don't get it anyway why bother

There are more "good people" than that, but you miss my point or don't want to SEE it. Being person of the year does not always signify a good thing (FYI Stalin got it twice too). I'm not saying that Obama is bad because of the company he keeps on the cover of Time, but rather that it is not as much an honor as a recognition. It is more about who is the most "newsworthy" person without regard for their good or bad. As such most presidents have been on the list as well as other major world leaders.

You may be a little too predictable as well. I have graciously accepted you gloating in this and the last thread of yours. It's a shame you cannot be a more gracious winner. None the less he won, and you are free to gloat all you want - I'll not deny you that so please do enjoy yourself. :)

Mrleft8
12-19-2012, 03:20 PM
I was referring to Obama, how could what I said be construed as racist?
Man...... You really are dumb as a box of rocks, aren't you?

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
There are more "good people" than that, but you miss my point or don't want to SEE it. Being person of the year does not always signify a good thing (FYI Stalin got it twice too). I'm not saying that Obama is bad because of the company he keeps on the cover of Time, but rather that it is not as much an honor as a recognition. It is more about who is the most "newsworthy" person without regard for their good or bad. As such most presidents have been on the list as well as other major world leaders.

You may be a little too predictable as well. I have graciously accepted you gloating in this and the last thread of yours. It's a shame you cannot be a more gracious winner. None the less he won, and you are free to gloat all you want - I'll not deny you that so please do enjoy yourself. :)

Try this on for size

This is not even an argument assault style weapons will be banned, extended magazines will be banned, and who knows what else. And gun enthusiast will have to swallow it like the bitter pill they though Obamacare was and how they were gonna stop it and how Romney was going to ride in on the white 1% horse and save the old white man. Mark my words I've been Bwaaaa Ha ha ing way more than you.

A change has come, deal with it.

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Man...... You really are dumb as a box of rocks, aren't you?Apparently, please explain.

Flying Orca
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Geez, I have black roots and I didn't think the fro remark was racist. Somebody's overthinking something, I think.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Try this on for size

This is not even an argument assault style weapons will be banned, extended magazines will be banned, and who knows what else. And gun enthusiast will have to swallow it like the bitter pill they though Obamacare was and how they were gonna stop it and how Romney was going to ride in on the white 1% horse and save the old white man. Mark my words I've been Bwaaaa Ha ha ing way more than you.

A change has come, deal with it.

That's correct many including me hoped that Romney would get elected (in fact 46% of all participating voters) and that he would then be able to block Obamacare - I was wrong and you were right - congratulations. But what does Gun Control have to do with Person of the Year? Jimmy Carter was Person of the Year, but that didn't help him at all in implementing any legislation. If anything helps to bring more gun control it will be from the Connecticut shootings - without that, I do not think that President Obama would even have thought to initiate gun control legislation let alone obtain its passage.

Lastly, as I recall Joe you are "an old whit man" what does that have to do with Person of the Year?

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Permit me to amend my statement.

Yes, it is true... the Time 'Person of the Year' thing is for the most noteworthy person in the news, and doesn't signify any sort of award for virtue or achievement.

Having said that, I still think it was appropriate. Obama, despite being four year old 'news', is every bit as newsworthy and noteworthy as the cover implies.

(Ask me about him, 20 years from now. I'd actually lay money down that Obama will be treated by history as one of the great Presidents.. considering the challenges of his era)

A small but important distinction, it is "Newsworthy", not "Noteworthy"

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 03:48 PM
That's correct many including me hoped that Romney would get elected (in fact 46% of all participating voters) and that he would then be able to block Obamacare - I was wrong and you were right - congratulations. But what does Gun Control have to do with Person of the Year? Jimmy Carter was Person of the Year, but that didn't help him at all in implementing any legislation. If anything helps to bring more gun control it will be from the Connecticut shootings - without that, I do not think that President Obama would even have thought to initiate gun control legislation let alone obtain its passage.

Lastly, as I recall Joe you are "an old whit man" what does that have to do with Person of the Year?

Wooda coulda shouda but didn't and can't

BWAAAAA HA HA AGAIN

FYI Paul I didn't catch anything racist in what you said ;) You grow you're fro baby grow it natty

Mrleft8
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Apparently, please explain.

Would you say the same thing if it were Mitt, and he'd won Re-election?.......
No. Don't even start that feeble whining protest. You wouldn't.
You are judging the man by the color of his skin, not his character.

Katherine
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
You grow you're fro baby grow it nattyNo, I don't think so.

Shang
12-19-2012, 03:51 PM

I was referring to Obama, how could what I said be construed as racist?

Aw, Paul, you're not really that naive you? You're just pretending that you are, right?

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
FYI Paul I didn't catch anything racist in what you said ;) You grow you're fro baby grow it nattyI never worry that I'm being racist, unless Emily and Ian start piling on me.

ccmanuals
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM

They are waiting for 2016 when they name President Hillary Clinton person of the year. :)

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
You are judging the man by the color of his skin, not his character.I don't think Mitt could grow an afro if he wanted, so no I probably wouldn't say it. I like afros, I appreciate afros, I admire those with the courage to wear afros, both perfect 'fros and natty 'fros. I feel the exact same way about dredlocks.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Wooda coulda shouda but didn't and can't

BWAAAAA HA HA AGAIN

FYI Paul I didn't catch anything racist in what you said ;) You grow you're fro baby grow it natty

There is a difference between gloating and being an idiot. Paul Pless made the statements about the Fro, not me, and the remainder of your reply is more like a word salad than a clear statement. Seems to me that you are just trying to be a DB today. What's the matter? Can't sell any real estate and you are taking your frustration out in the bilge. Do you even sell real estate anymore? At what point will you be saying Neener Neener Neener?

Rum_Pirate
12-19-2012, 03:58 PM
How many on this Forum subscribe or buy 'Time' magazine?

How many on this Forum read the 'Time' magazine?

(A reference http://www.timemediakit.com/pdf/abc-statement-time-1H11.pdf)

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
They are waiting for 2016 when they name President Hillary Clinton person of the year. :)

I think she would make a great person of the year!

Tom Hunter
12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
I still think it should have gone to the corporation.

ccmanuals
12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Great. now she has at least two votes. Not to early to start organizing.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I still think it should have gone to the corporation.

If you want to go there, then I think the fiscal cliff is the most newsworthy "person" of the year.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Great. now she has at least two votes. Not to early to start organizing.

I liked her in 2008. Only thing is she'll be 69 when she runs for what would be her first term, I'm not fully convinced that she wants to do that though Chelsea has been pushing her hard to run.

ccmanuals
12-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I liked her in 2008. Only thing is she'll be 69 when she runs for what would be her first term, I'm not fully convinced that she wants to do that though Chelsea has been pushing her hard to run.

Don't forget you ladies always out live the guys. :)

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't forget you ladies always out live the guys. :)

She would only be a few months younger than Reagan when he was elected.

Joe Dupere
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Well Paul, some times they just don't get it. If I let my hair grow out I look like a fat Shirley Temple. Jus sayin.:)

What, you've got dimples? :D

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
She would only be a few months younger than Reagan when he was elected.Should we contemplate a potentially bat**** crazy senile Hillary Clinton deep in her second term? One lasting effect Reagan's presidency has had, has been a legacy of relatively young presidents since his tenure (excepting GHWBush). . .

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
What, you've got dimples? :Dand auburn hair apparently

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Should we contemplate a potentially bat**** crazy senile Hillary Clinton deep in her second term? One lasting effect Reagan's presidency has had, has been a legacy of relatively young presidents since his tenure (excepting GHWBush). . .

Clearly some of Reagan's Alzheimer's disease was there during the latter half of his second term but kept well concealed.

ccmanuals
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM
John McCain was 72 the last time he ran for office 4 years ago. Just saying.

Rum_Pirate
12-19-2012, 04:20 PM

Is it just my thinking or does that picture of President Obama look particularly somber, dark, bleak, dreary and dismal, with a touch of melancholy?

I am sure that they could have used a much nicer picture for the "Person of the Year" cover

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:25 PM
John McCain was 72 the last time he ran for office 4 years ago. Just saying.
I agree that age is not an impediment to being a good President, but is a very exhausting and demanding job, and I think most wise people leave it for someone younger when they start to get into their 60's because they have a finite number of years left and want to "enjoy life". Hillary is a pretty driven woman and has had her eyes on the White House since the day she left it. But some of what I have been hearing (I can't divulge the source or the exact content) is that she is pretty much on the fence on this issue. Don't get me wrong, she has already locked up support from President Obama and other key Democrats if she chooses to run but she is not sure she wants to do it. She is keeping her options open.

ccmanuals
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree that age is not an impediment to being a good President, but is a very exhausting and demanding job, and I think most wise people leave it for someone younger when they start to get into their 60's because they have a finite number of years left and want to "enjoy life". Hillary is a pretty driven woman and has had her eyes on the White House since the day she left it. But some of what I have been hearing (I can't divulge the source or the exact content) is that she is pretty much on the fence on this issue. Don't get me wrong, she has already locked up support from President Obama and other key Democrats if she chooses to run but she is not sure she wants to do it. She is keeping her options open.

I do agree.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Is it just my thinking or does that picture of President Obama look particularly somber, dark, bleak, dreary and dismal, with a touch of melancholy?

I am sure that they could have used a much nicer picture for the "Person of the Year" cover

I think they had intended to convey Gravitas, but I see your point.

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 04:31 PM
John McCain was 72 the last time he ran for office 4 years ago. Just saying.He didn't get elected either. He used to be pretty well respected across the political spectrum. A guy most people counted on to act responsibly. Look at what happened to him when he got old. Turned fully bat **** crazy. Coincidence? I think not!:D

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
There is a difference between gloating and being an idiot. Paul Pless made the statements about the Fro, not me, and the remainder of your reply is more like a word salad than a clear statement. Seems to me that you are just trying to be a DB today. What's the matter? Can't sell any real estate and you are taking your frustration out in the bilge. Do you even sell real estate anymore? At what point will you be saying Neener Neener Neener?Whoa why so personal why so bitter ? You don't even know how wonderful and happy my life currently is looks who's gone all personal DB Sounds like a sore looser that can't have a retort cause they know they lost AGAIN so they have to get all personal. What a shame.

Concordia 33
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Whoa why so personal why so bitter ? You don't even know how wonderful and happy my life currently is looks who's gone all personal DB Sounds like a sore looser that can't have a retort cause they know they lost AGAIN so they have to get all personal. What a shame.
Really? You seem bitter even in victory. I have not said a single thing that would be construed as a sore loser. I'm not even asking you to stop being a sore winner. Could you at least stay on point and drop the word salad crap.

wardd
12-19-2012, 04:38 PM
I figure when Time can't think of anybody else deserving they often throw up a stock photo of the current president. Seriously, the only two other people that I can think of that could be in the running this year would be either Bashar al-Assad or Malala Yousafzai. BTW, I was serious about the afro, if Obama would throw one out there, I'd let mine fly too, as an act of solidarity. . .

you're upset because it's not romney

wardd
12-19-2012, 04:45 PM
is being person of the year an award or just an acknowledgement?

seanz
12-19-2012, 04:47 PM
You are referring to Mitt Romney?

Because if you are referring to President Obama your remark sounds racist.

I too am aghast. What next? Calling Michelle a "nappy-headed ho"? This must stop now before it gets out of hand.

Afro? Pshaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLuP5RFqT94

Captain Intrepid
12-19-2012, 07:47 PM
You are judging the man by the color of his skin, not his character.

That's moronic.

Captain Intrepid
12-19-2012, 07:49 PM
is being person of the year an award or just an acknowledgement?

It was an acknowledgement, but in 2001 it lost it's integrity, so I'm thinking it's partly a popularity contest now too.

George Jung
12-19-2012, 07:58 PM
You let your hair go 'fro, Paul, we all should. I'll even let my hair grow - but I am talking 'singular'.

BTW, all this 'that was rascist' is so much baloney. What's wrong with you folk?

pefjr
12-19-2012, 08:48 PM
FYI Paul I didn't catch anything racist in what you said ;) You grow you're fro baby grow it nattyIt's nappy, not natty.

pila
12-19-2012, 09:14 PM
So what's the national ratio? 60 % mixed races, and 40% pissed off white guys that couldn't buy a new President ?
I'll have to check with Fux News...they should know...

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
I have to say that Barack Obama, and Michelle Obama, are two of the classiest people to inhabit the Whitehouse in my lifetime. I think JFK and Jackie were iconic, but I think the Obama's are far more in touch with the average American, and that's the reason the President got two terms in the face of huge challenges.

I think this Presidency will be a defining one for the next 40 or so years. It is absolutely refreshing to have an American President who says what he means, and means what he says, and believes in his goals. All religion and party politics aside, this guy is a good person.

Paul Pless
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
I have to say that Barack Obama, and Michelle Obama, are two of the classiest people to inhabit the Whitehouse in my lifetime.I agree. I respect the demeanor that George H.W. Bush brought to the office. And believe Carter was the most forthright during my lifetime. Was Ike before your time?

Clinton and W were both pretty much white trash. Clinton's positive legacy seems assured by the good fortune to have been president when there were no major obstacles placed in path.

pefjr
12-19-2012, 09:43 PM
means what he says, roflmao

wardd
12-19-2012, 09:46 PM
roflmao

not everyone is as unamerican as you are

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-19-2012, 09:54 PM
This message is hidden because pefjr is on your ignore list.

Ahhhhhh.....

pefjr
12-19-2012, 10:08 PM
not everyone is as unamerican as you areAnd you are the self appointed judge? Again...... ROFLMAO

wardd
12-19-2012, 10:19 PM
And you are the self appointed judge? Again...... ROFLMAO

of course i'm a liberal just like the founding fathers

pefjr
12-19-2012, 10:59 PM
of course i'm a liberal just like the founding fathersof course

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Hmmm...gun dealers...bar tenders...They are both responsible for killing a whole lot of people...how many of your customers have a court date Joe?

None I work high end and refuse to serve drunks. If you can afford to enjoy one of my $14 martinis before you sit down to a nice dinner your less likely to find legal trouble. I cut off liberally. Next asinine question please. ;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-19-2012, 11:54 PM
And you are the self appointed judge? Again...... ROFLMAO

No the US just voted, and they judged and you lost .... Again :D Bwaaaa ha ha

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:09 AM
It's nappy, not natty.

Nah un it's natty aka street parlance for letting it go natural get wit it ahhhite or keep it high and tight.

And Paul I'm getting you a fro pic for Christmas ;)

Willin'
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
That's correct many including me hoped that Romney would get elected (in fact 46% of all participating voters)

Not to pick nits, but I read in last week's Time, and with no small amount of intentional irony, now that all of the votes have been tallied correctly, that Romney got 47% of the popular vote.

Who says irony is dead?

Kevin T
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Not to pick nits, but I read in last week's Time, and with no small amount of intentional irony, now that all of the votes have been tallied correctly, that Romney got 47% of the popular vote.

Who says irony is dead?

47%, I had not seen that. Did the President take the corresponding 53%? and was it a 6 point margin of victory? If so, I owe Genglandoh an apology or perhaps a correction, I had thought the margin of victory would only be 4% heh, heh:rolleyes:

Concordia 33
12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
47%, I had not seen that. Did the President take the corresponding 53%? and was it a 6 point margin of victory? If so, I owe Genglandoh an apology or perhaps a correction, I had thought the margin of victory would only be 4% heh, heh:rolleyes:

There was never any question that the margin was over 4% you should have settled your bet by November 8th

John of Phoenix
12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Got it, wearing a Rolex and a Tiffany ring means you don't get a buzz drinking a few of your $14 marties, oh, you only sell them one at a time and would never serve a third to the big tipper, Right..... Very good. Got it in one. A+ for comprehension.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Got it, wearing a Rolex and a Tiffany ring means you don't get a buzz drinking a few of your $14 marties, oh, you only sell them one at a time and would never serve a third to the big tipper, Right.....

No it doesn't but where I am it's a Restraunt with a bar not a bar with a Restraunt. We get mostly families, couples, special occasions, older people who tend to drink in moderatiation and concentrate on the food. I do a fairly brisk buisness in 22 oz bone in ribeyes at the bar, and make most of my tips off the food I serve. Just saying once again you don't know me you don't know what I do or what I'm about. But nice speculation from a forum member with a keg as an avitar ;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Very good. Got it in one. A+ for comprehension.

Lol he obviously doesn't understand the law of martini ;) Ya see martinis are like a woman's breasts one is not enough, two is perfect, three is just wrong ;)

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I never worry that I'm being racist, unless Emily and Ian start piling on me.

I definitely would not like to picture this.

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Any bets on how long Mr. Bungster can maintain his composure around here before he becomes Scot Fodder?:)

pefjr
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
No the US just voted, and they judged and you lost .... Again :D Bwaaaa ha haThat was an election... not a Church of Obama crusade, he is my Prez. but, I have no interest in worshiping him, and I haven't lost a thing, it would be the same o,same o if Romney was elected, ..well it might be a nickle difference.

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Any bets on how long Mr. Bungster can maintain his composure around here before he becomes Scot Fodder?:)

Depends if he can "stave" off criticism or come "barreling" through. May he be the "butt" of many jokes. I have to say it looks like very familiar "hoop'la.

Canoez
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM
No it doesn't but where I am it's a Restraunt with a bar not a bar with a Restraunt. We get mostly families, couples, special occasions, older people who tend to drink in moderatiation and concentrate on the food. I do a fairly brisk buisness in 22 oz bone in ribeyes at the bar, and make most of my tips off the food I serve. Just saying once again you don't know me you don't know what I do or what I'm about. But nice speculation from a forum member with a keg as an avitar ;)

22oz Ribeye? Wow.

Even after you remove the profit inducing bone, that's a lot of steak.

http://kellydiamond.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/emoticon_sick-300x238.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
That was an election... not a Church of Obama crusade, he is my Prez. but, I have no interest in worshiping him, and I haven't lost a thing, it would be the same o,same o if Romney was elected, ..well it might be a nickle difference.

Dont worship him. Respect him, admire him, support most of his positions, worship him no ;) that's a Rush / Hanity, right wing nut job slogan painted on anyone who supports the president.

But Romney didn't win bwaaaaa ha ha. :)

Mrleft8
12-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Depends if he can "stave" off criticism or come "barreling" through. May he be the "butt" of many jokes. I have to say it looks like very familiar "hoop'la.

Do you think that keg would make a loud "THUD" if it fell off a wagon?

Rum_Pirate
12-20-2012, 10:41 AM
Dont worship him. Respect him, admire him, support most of his positions, worship him no ;) that's a Rush / Hanity, right wing nut job slogan painted on anyone who supports the president.

But Romney didn't win bwaaaaa ha ha. :)

OK, so Mr Obama won.

However, rather than see him sit on his hands, many look forward to seeing him actually accomplish something(s) worthwhile in this term.

Or is it to be 'He is my president and he can do no wrong in my eyes' ?

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 10:51 AM
OK, so Mr Obama won.

However, rather than see him sit on his hands, many look forward to seeing him actually accomplish something(s) worthwhile in this term.

For me it's more about how many MORE things he has the continued opportunity to do right ;)

Sitting on his hands ??? Seriously ??? Lol :)

Concordia 33
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
I do a fairly brisk buisness in 22 oz bone in ribeyes at the bar, and make most of my tips off the food I serve.

If you can afford to enjoy one of my $14 martinis before you sit down to a nice dinner your less likely to find legal trouble. I cut off liberally. Next asinine question please. [/COLOR];)

Which side of your mouth are you talking with? Do you serve food and an accompanying drink? Or do you serve drinks "before they sit down to a nice dinner"? Seems to me that what you do changes based on the point you are trying to make.

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
OK, so Mr Obama won.

The same could be said about your Prime Minister

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Denzil_L_Douglas.jpg/220px-Denzil_L_Douglas.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Which side of your mouth are you talking with? Do you serve food and an accompanying drink? Or do you serve drinks "before they sit down to a nice dinner"? Seems to me that what you do changes based on the point you are trying to make.

Have you ever dined out ?
Have you ever enjoyed a meal at the Restraunt bar ?
Do you know what your talking about yet ?

Steve McMahon
12-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I have to say that Barack Obama, and Michelle Obama, are two of the classiest people to inhabit the Whitehouse in my lifetime. I think JFK and Jackie were iconic, but I think the Obama's are far more in touch with the average American, and that's the reason the President got two terms in the face of huge challenges.

I think this Presidency will be a defining one for the next 40 or so years. It is absolutely refreshing to have an American President who says what he means, and means what he says, and believes in his goals. All religion and party politics aside, this guy is a good person.

I will second that. I wish we has a PM that was half as classy.

Rum_Pirate
12-20-2012, 11:13 AM
The same could be said about your Prime Minister

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Denzil_L_Douglas.jpg/220px-Denzil_L_Douglas.jpg

Are you sure you wish to stand by that statement?

The PM currently has a 'vote of no-confidence' motion tabled in Parliament against him.

He is looking for a way to avoid it being heard.

Many here have very negative views of the gentleman particularly in his in not acting in the best interests of the country.

Canoeyawl
12-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Lol he obviously doesn't understand the law of martini ;) Ya see martinis are like a woman's breasts one is not enough, two is perfect, three is just wrong ;)

Then, four is a pair?

Concordia 33
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Have you ever dined out ?
Have you ever enjoyed a meal at the Restraunt bar ?
Do you know what your talking about yet ?

Don't try to shift the focus. You made two mutually exclusive statements. You got caught and now you are trying to dig yourself out by distracting everyone from your own words.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Don't try to shift the focus. You made two mutually exclusive statements. You got caught and now you are trying to dig yourself out by distracting everyone from your own words.

You have no idea what you're talking about at my bar I serve BOTH food and drink GASP imagine that. What don't you understand? My best customers come in have a drink, say hey Joe what's the specials tonight? I explained as I set him up with a placemat silverware, napkin. I alert the busboy to bring bed and water. Other customers come in either waiting for a table at the bar or just having a cocktail. So many different scenarios going on at the same bar at the same time.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Omg the temperance league showed up and wants to compare a glass or Chardonnay with a AR15 with full banana clip and a classroom full of kids.

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 11:43 AM

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.75.403.403/p403x403/16205_573586515990994_76243961_n.jpg

botebum
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Do you think that keg would make a loud "THUD" if it fell off a wagon?
I knew that tone seemed familiar.
Kinda strange the way so many sock puppets dare to draw attention to themselves.
I do know of one that's managed to stay under the radar for over a year(maybe two now) without getting busted even though he posts regularly.
It's a matter of tone and attitude.

Doug

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
I knew that tone seemed familiar.
Kinda strange the way so many sock puppets dare to draw attention to themselves.
I do know of one that's managed to stay under the radar for over a year(maybe two now) without getting busted even though he posts regularly.
It's a matter of tone and attitude.

Doug

Bung Ho joined a couple of months before Thud was banned http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?25498-thud

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Chardonnay? Thought we were talking martinis...impressive amount of Gs you're pulling on that turn.

You do understand that most bars have choices of beverage I even serve Pana or Pelagrino sparkling or flat water.

Paul Pless
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Do you serve bourbons Joe? A good ribeye with a couple or three bourbon sours and a strong black coffee with sugar in place of dessert and I'm usually pretty happy on a Friday night.

botebum
12-20-2012, 12:08 PM
And those metrosexual fruity martinis:d

Doug

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I don't give a rat's back side about what your bar/restaurant does. I just want you to not say two contradictory statements. In one you brag about serving $14 martini's but liberally refusing to serve too many and in the next you are talking about how you make most of your money from serving food. You seem to change what you say to suit your needs. You are doing the same thing now by trying to turn this into a discussion about me not understanding how drinks can be served in a restaurant. I know exactly how restaurants with bars work just as much as I know that you don't want to eat your words here and will do anything to avoid it. Try being sincere and honest for a little while instead of the argumentative curmudgeon that you are turning into.

You do know that you can disagree without being disagreeable? Right?

Ok let me try to explain this S l o w l y

I serve $14 martinies I get a tip
I serve a $10 glass of wine, a $50 ribeye, a $7 desert and a $3 espresso at the bar I get a tip
I have many stools at the bar I enjoy a good a varied clientele
you do the math ;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:22 PM
And those metrosexual fruity martinis:d

Doug

Sad to say yea some are kinda fruity ;) But I'm king of the old man cocktails. Lol

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:25 PM
the only stool i see here is the one piled on the floor! You brag about one thing in one post and a contradictory thing in another. I think everyone gets it that restaurants serve drinks along with meals and that bars serve meals along with drinks. But that really isn't the point and it never was.

you are incapable of understanding the concept of multiple customers at a bar at the same time.

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2012, 12:25 PM
There are many reasons why Time gives one the title of Man of The Year. Not all because he is doing a great job.In this case, the reasons may be mixed.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Do you serve bourbons Joe? A good ribeye with a couple or three bourbon sours and a strong black coffee with sugar in place of dessert and I'm usually pretty happy on a Friday night.

I recommend the Woodford Reserve neat with a splash of water to open it up. The Jim Beam double black is also a great little misbegotten bourbon worthy of a try. With the ribeye try a glass of our BV cab, or if your adventurousness I recommend a hearty little Hahn merititage.

Hwyl
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
hypocracy

Hmm, same misspelling as DanSkopura

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
And you sir are incapable of understanding the hypocracy of your two statements. Let's just agree to disagree here.

My statement is perfectly factual not an ounce of hypocracy the two statements are symbiotic and happen continuously every night. Sorry you can't understand, not my problem any more.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I can't understand?

Exactly

Donn
12-20-2012, 01:00 PM
"Complementary."

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
And Donn shoots the zinger at the buzzer :)
Too funny 33 you're asking for definitions of words you can't even spell. :)

Paul Pless
12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
"Complementary."

And Donn shoots the zinger at the buzzer :)

It is pretty funny and very well timed.

Donn
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
com·pli·men·ta·ry

/ˌkämpləˈmentərē/

[/COLOR]

That's a word, and it's spelled correctly, but it isn't the one you wanted to use.

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Awww man 33, Donn's just messing ya game all up in here. :D

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
GANGNAM STYLE (강남스타일)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Nope just getting bored
33 is boring
Booooring Zzzzzzzz

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Yeh but some are single shots and some hold multiple rounds and. why do you need more than one type of water when tap will do?

On the serious side, I'm getting into manhattans, what type of bourbon would you suggest?

Let me suggest "Old Thud Sour Mash"!:DLMAO:D

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2012, 01:39 PM

I serve a $10 glass of wine, a $50 ribeye, a $7 desert and a $3 espresso at the bar I get a tip
you do the math ;)

Joe
If you serve 14 martinis to a guy and the guy has a serious accident, you'd have more than a tip... More than likely a free ride to jail and a pissed off bar owner who may have just lost his liquor lic.

botebum
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Joe
If you serve 14 martinis to a guy and the guy has a serious accident, you'd have more than a tip... More than likely a free ride to jail and a pissed off bar owner who may have just lost his liquor lic.
Jamie, I think you failed to notice the dollar sign that was next to the 14.
Happy Birthday.

Doug

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2012, 01:49 PM
You are correct Doug. I got caught up on the number. I probably would have written it: $14.00...

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 01:50 PM
A true manhatten is made with rye. But a suitable bourbon is makers mark. Fill shaker with ice, add bourbon add sweet vermouth add a dash of bitters shake the hell out of it strain into chilled martini glass with a maraschino cherry. Sip and enjoy ;)

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Joe

:D Ooops, you forgot the $ sign, Jamie!:DLMAO!
Joe, you've attracted half the clowns in the Bilge!:D

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Already noted above. maybe you should read the posts already written. You might notice your a bit late commenting on the previous news flash from Doug.:)

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Already noted above. maybe you should read the posts already written. You might notice your a bit late commenting on the previous news flash from Doug.:)

I was writing while Doug was posting!
Maybe you should edit your own posts!
But, I refuse to argue with you on your Birthday, regardless how tempting it is!:)

Bob Cleek
12-20-2012, 02:21 PM

you do the math ;)

Holy crap, Joe! With prices like that, I'd expect the waitress to provide service underneath the table as well as on top of it.

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
Holy crap, Joe! With prices like that, I'd expect the waitress to provide service underneath the table as well as on top of it.

Hey, Joe does Not work at Lefty's Pub, Bob!:)

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM

I know and I get regulars who "Choose" to sit at the bar and have their dinner with this old bald gap tooth gnome bartender ;) go figure lol

Bob Cleek
12-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I know and I get regulars who "Choose" to sit at the bar and have their dinner with this old bald gap tooth gnome bartender ;) go figure lol

I recall Chaucer wrote that a gap between the front tooth was a sign of an easy woman. Perhaps you might want to turn your barstools upside down so those guys will have something on their mind besides you!

Rum_Pirate
12-20-2012, 04:00 PM
"Complementary."

Remind me of this one:

A man walks into a bar, sits down, and orders a drink.

The bartender gives him his drink, accompanied by a bowl of peanuts.

To his surprise, a voice comes from the peanut bowl."You look great tonight!" it said. "You really look fantastic - and that aftershave is just wonderful!"

The man is obviously a little confused, but tries to ignore it.

Realizing he has no cigarettes, he wanders over to the cigarette machine.

After inserting his money, another voice emits from the machine."Who let you in here? Did you check the mirror before you left the house? Get away from me, you great oaf!"

By now, the man is extremely perplexed.

He turns to the bartender for an explanation.

"Ah yes sir," the bartender responds.

"The peanuts are complimentary, but the cigarette machine is out of order."

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I recall Chaucer wrote that a gap between the front tooth was a sign of an easy woman. Perhaps you might want to turn your barstools upside down so those guys will have something on their mind besides you!

Ahhh Cleek ya old San Fran Homophobe, ya know I love ya? But who said all my regulars were male ;)

Bobcat
12-20-2012, 04:30 PM
I just read that Sarah Palin takes issue with Obama being Man of the Year

Is she still around?

I thought her pull date was awhile ago

Cuyahoga Chuck
12-20-2012, 05:18 PM

Does Jill Whatsename have a better doo, bubba?

Boater14
12-20-2012, 05:44 PM
Concordia. Hypocrisy? The guy pours drinks at the bar. People drink them while waiting to go into the dining room. other people eat a meal at the bar while having a drink. Whats wrong with your head? But then you told us every county in west VA went for romney because they thought he would be a better leader. Are you a sailing nun....don't you go out? ever eat at the bar?

S.V. Airlie
12-20-2012, 06:23 PM
I was writing while Doug was posting!
Maybe you should edit your own posts!
But, I refuse to argue with you on your Birthday, regardless how tempting it is!:)You admit that I can edit. A step in the right direction....goodof you to admit anything.:) AND YOUR post came after my responce
BASED on that, your time table is off. Good try on the cover up though Glen.:)

Mrleft8
12-20-2012, 06:42 PM
I have been known to not only eat at the bar, but also drink at a table...... Gross, I know, but I just thought I'd share.....

Mrleft8
12-20-2012, 06:43 PM
You admit that I can edit. A step in the right direction....goodof you to admit anything.:) AND YOUR post came after my responce

Prove it.

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
You admit that I can edit. A step in the right direction....goodof you to admit anything.:) AND YOUR post came after my responce

:DAw, Jamie, you're just begging for a birthday spanking, aren't you?:D
Here's the timetable ole pard...You make your first post accusing Joe of serving fourteen(14)martinis.
I snicker and begin to compose my post...while I'm composing, Doug posts.
Shortly after that you respond to Doug's post admitting that you Carelessly and without Editing, left the $dollar sign off fourteen(14).
Then I posted my comment!
See? No cover up!
Don't make me come back in here and spank you again, even if it is your birthday!;)

Joe (SoCal)
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Glen leave him be it's obviouse to all.

Happy birthday Jamie

Glen Longino
12-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Glen leave him be it's obviouse to all.

Happy birthday Jamie

Hey, he Likes it!
I know it's hard to watch for everybody else, but it Is his birthday!;)