PDA

View Full Version : #230 digital edition

johnno
12-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Is it only me, or have others also not received email notification of the arrival of the digital edition #230?

I emailed the distributors but have also not received any reply from them.

RFNK
12-19-2012, 03:02 AM
Email? I never get email notification! But maybe that's because I get the iPad version. Carl explained on another thread that they're having a delay with their digital supplier at presentb- probably because they're about to sack them by the sound of it! So no, settle back, have another cuppa and flip longingly through the classifieds of the December edition just one more time - it isn't just you.

Rick

johnno
12-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Thanks Rick. I can't even get the Nov/Dec edition to download on my app. Never mind, I'll go back to reading some hardcovers.. :D

RFNK
12-19-2012, 04:47 AM
I downloaded that one. Carl said that there might be some difficulty downloading earlier editions until the new provider kicks in.

Can't you think of anything about boats to write on the other thread? They're on about the bloody weather again!

Rick

Scot
12-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Sorry folks. Jan/Feb digital is late. It OUGHT to be up any day.

-Scot

RFNK
12-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Well Scot, how about YOU putting something about boats on the Antipodean thread? We have to do SOMETHING to get them to stop going on about the weather!!

Rick

johnno
12-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Can't you think of anything about boats to write on the other thread? They're on about the bloody weather again!

Rick

Sorry Rick, it's too hot and muggy here to be able to.

johnno
12-19-2012, 05:00 AM
Sorry folks. Jan/Feb digital is late. It OUGHT to be up any day.

-Scot

Thanks Scot, just confirming it wasn't just me...much appreciated.

RFNK
12-19-2012, 05:02 AM
Am I supposed to laugh at that? Okay, it was funny!

Rick

Scot
12-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Digital for 230 should be kicking in now.

-Scot

johnno
12-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Still no sign of anything even vaguely digital arriving here. And after two weeks, still no response to my direct email to the digital distributor.

Scot
12-27-2012, 05:15 AM
Hi John:

Thanks for the note, and sorry about the continuing problem.

I too was getting the back issues, but not allowed to get the new. But that changed on the 20th/21st.

Would you: reboot, clear cache, try a different browser.

Then click this link
http://www.woodenboat-digital.com/woodenboat/20120910#pg1

THEN go to the back issues, where you'll see the new issue. And let me know if you were able to see it then.

That link, is the default link at the bottom of the www.woodenboat.com (http://www.woodenboat.com/) site, for digi subbers to login.

Please let me know what happens.
-Scot

johnno
12-27-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi Scot, okay we have lift-off. I cleared all wooden boat cookies, and the cache, then got onto the site with your link, and went to back issues, and there it was. I then opened it, but was told I was just previewing the issue. Slightly non-intuitive but I just kept previewing and after a couple of pages it asked me to log in if I was a subscriber. Log in worked. Thanks for your help as always. :)

Will we still get the email notification when a new issue is available?

cheers
John

Scot
12-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Good news. Yes, you should get the email notification. PM me your email for that acct., and I'll pass to our circulation folks for confirmation.

Regards,

Scot