PeterSibley
12-17-2012, 09:58 PM
260 mpg equivalent at 45mph.

60 to 120mph in 3 secs.

It sure sounds good to me !

Thanks Paul Y>:D

PeterSibley
12-18-2012, 02:32 AM
We're a conservative lot aren't we? Fantastic performance and brilliant fuel consumption and not a comment !

The Bigfella
12-18-2012, 03:29 AM
I thought it was a personal love-fest.

I'll comment.

What a piece of crap.

With that wheelbase, it'll have lost another key advantage of a motorbike... manoeuvrability

PeterSibley
12-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Don't like the performance Ian or the fuel consumption , say 10% of a KTM?

The Bigfella
12-18-2012, 03:42 AM
The acceleration is great. That isn't performance though.... think American "musclecars" and you'll understand. Roads have corners and obstacles that need to be avoided. FFS, they use the fact this 1250lb slug is "bulletproof" as a selling point. Tell me that after a bumper bar slams through that perspex canopy.

They deliberately demonstrated that heap of crap on a banked ring circuit.... and a rider with 200 motorbike tests crashed it.

If you want that sort of fuel economy.... catch a train. I'll do that tomorrow btw...

PeterSibley
12-18-2012, 04:02 AM
A train ? The state government shut ours down.

I see something like this as completely different from a conventional bike, the only reason it has 2 wheels is to reduce the frontal area and thus increase the available power and reduce fuel consumption. It's a 2 wheel electric car.

Ian's points are very relevant to a motorcyclist (as am I ) but I'm also very interested in vehicle efficiency which surprisingly isn't a very popular subject. This vehicle is VERY efficient.

The Bigfella
12-18-2012, 04:08 AM
Very efficient but totally impracticable. Riding that in traffic would be a recipe for disaster. Too low to be seen for a start.

Damn good thing they shut your train down... it was inefficient because not enough people used it.

PeterSibley
12-18-2012, 04:12 AM
It was packed every trip, no accounting for government logic .

You're right about visibility , it's one of the main problem for anyone proposing improved vehicles, having to share the road with 2 ton steel dinosaurs.

Paul Pless
12-18-2012, 07:22 AM
The acceleration is great. That isn't performance though.... think American "musclecars" and you'll understand. Roads have corners and obstacles that need to be avoided. FFS, they use the fact this 1250lb slug is "bulletproof" as a selling point. Tell me that after a bumper bar slams through that perspex canopy.

They deliberately demonstrated that heap of crap on a banked ring circuit.... and a rider with 200 motorbike tests crashed it.

If you want that sort of fuel economy.... catch a train. I'll do that tomorrow btw...

I fail to see the point in scoffing at experimentation and research and development. Regarding the banked track, there are many other videos of it being driven on many different types of road surfaces, including mountain passes, and in traffic in LA. . .

The Bigfella
12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
I fail to see the point in scoffing at experimentation and research and development. Regarding the banked track, there are many other videos of it being driven on many different types of road surfaces, including mountain passes, and in traffic in LA. . .

Good.... feel free to invest in it.