X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • L.W. Baxter
    can eat fifty eggs
    • Sep 2003

Geez what a Sunday

Don't think I've ever seen a better Sunday line up of NFL football. Great matchups top to bottom: niners-pats, giants-falcons, packers-bears, broncos-ravens, colts-texans, seahawks-bills, 'boys-steelers, and even the worst two teams in the league meet today to fight over the last scrap of pride available.

I'm picking the niners (please please please), falcons, packers, ravens(time for a broncos let down), texans, seahawks (go hawks!), cowboys, dolphins, panthers, jets, bucs, vikings, browns, lions, and the raiders will take the booby prize.
  • Gerarddm
    #RESIST
    • Feb 2010

Re: Geez what a Sunday

Seahawks gotta keep winning to keep their hopes alive, Russ Wilson is showing something.
    Gerard>
    Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• David G
      • Dec 2003

What's an NFL?

Actually, Wilson and the Seahawks have caught my attention a tiny bit.
      David G
      Harbor Woodworks
      https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Paul Girouard
        Banned
        • May 2005

Go Hawks , Go Pats!

Comment

• L.W. Baxter
          can eat fifty eggs
          • Sep 2003

David, I prefer my professional athletes to be paid in actual money under contract rather than exploited under illusions of amateurism.

Comment

• David G
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by L.W. Baxter
            David, I prefer my professional athletes to be paid in actual money under contract rather than exploited under illusions of amateurism.
            You've got a point. And, no, I don't mean the one your kids keep pointing out at the peak of your cranium <G>

Still... there's something about the college football game that I find more fascinating, despite the hypocrisy... and the loopy way they crown a national champion. Maybe it is that there is Too Much parity in the professional ranks. Maybe it's the lack of passion amongst the players. I don't really know. At the same time, I follow the Blazers, while paying only cursory attention to the Ducks basketball men. That, despite the fact that I've had an affinity for that team since the days of Dick Harter and the Kamikaze Kids.

At any rate... enjoy your games!
            David G
            Harbor Woodworks
            https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Curtism
              Treadin' Trodden Trails
              • Jul 2010

Geaux Bucs! Gonna be a long afternoon at the present rate.

I had to laugh last week, at something anyway, because there's nothing funny about watching the stinking Iggles come to town and righteously whoop up on our guys. While showing clips of local sights when they come back from commercials, with all the historic architecture, tons of marinas and miles of white sandy beaches and Fox sets up a camera by a back-bay mud hole filming four or five guys attempting to kill each other on jet-skis. Pathetic.

Life is short, play with your cougar.

Comment

• B_B
                Banned
                • Sep 2001

Originally posted by Curtism
                ....there's nothing funny about watching the stinking Iggles ...
                Andy Reid's overstayed his welcome by about four years, IMHO.

Comment

• Paul Girouard
                  Banned
                  • May 2005

47-17 Hawks 3rd qtr. Lets go Pat's !

Comment

• L.W. Baxter
                    can eat fifty eggs
                    • Sep 2003

I take it you want the Pats so the Hawks can take the division?

I can't bring myself to cheer the Pats even for a good cause.

Comment

• Paul Girouard
                      Banned
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by L.W. Baxter
                      I take it you want the Pats so the Hawks can take the division?

I can't bring myself to cheer the Pats even for a good cause.
                      I'm from NE , R.I. so some of it's the Hawks , some of it's the "old team" doing good. Of course I left R.I. 35 years ago , so it's more to help the Hawks out LOL

Comment

• L.W. Baxter
                        can eat fifty eggs
                        • Sep 2003

Ah, extenuating circumstances then. You are excused, Paul.

My early game picks went 5-3, late games looking like 50/50. Good thing I don't play for money.

Comment

• BETTY-B
                          DanCooley
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Paul Girouard
                          I'm from NE , R.I. so some of it's the Hawks , some of it's the "old team" doing good. Of course I left R.I. 35 years ago , so it's more to help the Hawks out LOL

Looks like you're not that bad after all, Paul. And by the way, Welcome to the PNW!

Go Hawks!

Comment

• Paul Girouard
                            Banned
                            • May 2005

No help from my "homies" for the Hawks tonight! Thanks for the warm welcome Betty-B , I feel at home here now that you've done so !LOL

Comment

• L.W. Baxter
                              can eat fifty eggs
                              • Sep 2003

Helluva night game. Patriots are game, but it was especially gratifying to see them come up short.

I actually ended up 10-4 with my picks, not too shabby.

Comment

Working...