PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to apologize; I need a frustration management thread

John Smith
12-15-2012, 08:44 PM
My posts seem to have been overly angry today and for that I apologize. It's been a very frustrating week for me in a variety of ways and I fear I let that slip into my posts.

I'm going to try to take a day off from this tomorrow.

Peach
12-15-2012, 09:07 PM
It's a good day to be angry.
Yesterday I was yo-yoing between incredible sadness and outrage.
Today I'm just generally pissed off.

Chip-skiff
12-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Maybe you need a new avatar:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/130/1/d/blue_unicorn_by_j2y8n2x-d3g2v9s.png

pefjr
12-15-2012, 09:35 PM
My posts seem to have been overly angry today and for that I apologize. It's been a very frustrating week for me in a variety of ways and I fear I let that slip into my posts.

I'm going to try to take a day off from this tomorrow.That's OK we got a good nap.

mariner2k
12-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Your only human.

Gerarddm
12-16-2012, 02:50 AM
Righteous anger need not be apologized for.

There's a lot of stupid and insensitive people in the world taking up valuable biomass bandwidth. One has to take a break from them periodically, or go mad.

Glen Longino
12-16-2012, 03:38 AM
Never apologize for what you say around here, John, until at least five(5) Conservative Religious Bigot Troglodytes have apologized for what they said, at least twice!:D

Chris Coose
12-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Any large personality change isn't usually greeted by the ego as fun.

I went in 5 seconds from a guy who worked to accept gun culture in America to an all out gun control activist (true nature).

I realized after this last massacre, the proponents are screwed. They can argue all they want but in the background will be weekly massacres.

I wonder who else has shifted their positions? I also wonder this morning, have the parents got their dead kids back yet?

John Smith
12-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Never apologize for what you say around here, John, until at least five(5) Conservative Religious Bigot Troglodytes have apologized for what they said, at least twice!:D

I'm not sorry for what I've said, but how I may have said it.

I like to make my points without offending anyone.

John Smith
12-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Anyone remember the Old Philosopher? The guy who said, "You think you've got problems?"

Of late that's my life.

I posted a while back about a small car accident behind which my wife got a seizure and has had to surrender he license. We had gotten from Progressive insurance a letter stating "insurance was not applicable" (driver of car who hit us gave police insurance card of Progressive" It took my going to my state assemblyman, who wrote the state's banking and insurance agency, to get, just yesterday, a definitive letter stating the man had no insurance. In NJ, the law is peculiar. My insurance, State Farm, is responsible for our medical bills. Behind this accident they amount to an ER visit immediately following the accident, and ER visit the day of the seizure, and two doctor visits following that. The first visit had her medication changed and the second was a follow up. Fortunately she's had no more seizures and looks forward to drving again in February or March. In spite of absolutely minimal actual medical costs, State Farm sent her last week to their doctor who will undoubtedly give them a statement that the seizure was not from the accident.

If we had vehicle damage, which we didn't, State Farm would pay that under uninsured motorist coverage.

This leaves hanging the suffering of not being able to drive, cook, or use the pool. One question we had asked our assemblyman was whether that would also be covered under uninsured motorist, and that question was not addressed by the banking and insurance agency. So I still don't know. I do know that, because neither of us is working the built in benefit for this type of thing is only $12 a day. Having paid many years of car insurance and having made no claims against it, this seems like a pretty low amount to ask them to cover. Instead, they will take themselves off the hook.

That leaves us with the only other avenue being suing the guy who hit us who, if he had any money would have insurance. NJ has two forms for Small Claims cases, which seemed like fun. I called Small Claims and asked which form I use for this particular suit and they couldn't tell me, as that would be giving legal advice.

We sit here screwed, and the guy who hit us suffers nothing from driving without insurance. The gentleman at my assemblyman's office who helped us asked if the 6 month window for giving a ticket for no insurance begins the day of the accident or the day when it is learned he had no insurance. That question was also not addressed.

Some system.