PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read "Caribbean Time Bomb: The United States' Complicity in the Corruption of"

Rum_Pirate
12-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Caribbean Time Bomb: The United States' Complicity in the Corruption of Antigua ?
An investigation into the corrupt government of Antigua discusses the island's blatant violation of environmental laws; its dictator's involvement with crooks, con artists, and drug dealers; and the U.S. role in Antiguan corruption. 20,000 first printing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51aCSNV1h0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BrianW
12-12-2012, 11:40 PM
No, but we went on the ride in Disneyland.

skuthorp
12-13-2012, 05:51 AM
So? What's unusual about that? I would have thought that it was a given. And not to denigrate the US particularly because they all do it, or did it, when they could. Just human nature on an international scale. (Phillip, where are you?).

Ian McColgin
12-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Who us? Or US? I've not read this one but I've read Gen Butler's "War is a Racket."

Mrleft8
12-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Ever hear of Grenada? Funny thing about the dictators we support as opposed to the dictators we don't support..... The ones we support don't seem to die so suddenly...

PhaseLockedLoop
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Gee. Look at the last hundred years of Central and South America and see how good the people have it when they're under the wing of the US. It really shows the world where our hearts are, and our love of democracy.

Recently there have been signs of independence, though. Every one of our military bases has been ejected from South America (I think), and we're not happy about it. The NYT never misses a chance to fulminate about Chavez, someone genuinely popular. He's a "rabble rouser," and of course the people down there who don't march to our tune are "rabble."