PDA

View Full Version : Florida Gains A New Democrat

Curtism
12-08-2012, 05:55 AM
Good for him . . . "bout darn time.

http://jacksonville.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/superphoto/11526915.jpg

Give 'em hell, Charlie, because that's what the jilted ones have planned for you.

MiddleAgesMan
12-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Well, how about that!

Here's a little brain teaser: What do you call a Republican with a conscience, a brain, and a heart?

A Democrat!

S.V. Airlie
12-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Is he going to be good at his job and do something or do ypou like him only because he is a democrat? I'll check in a year!

pefjr
12-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Wow, one that can actually support himself too. Congrats to the dems!

elf
12-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Seems unlikely. Independent, maybe. Democrat? Very unlikely.

John Smith
12-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Is he going to be good at his job and do something or do ypou like him only because he is a democrat? I'll check in a year!

You need to do a little of your own research. This man hasn't changed much over the years, but the Republican Party no longer fits his beliefs.

I would like to think that many Republicans, who've been Republicans for a long time would wake up and smell the coffee. This is not my dad's Republican Party. He wouldn't fit in it either. If one believes a woman has a right to choose and access to contraception, if one believes the government does not belong between a patient and the doctor, If you believe all people should be treated equally regardless of race, gender, sexutal orientation et al, if you believe we need to pay for the services we get from the government rather than passing the debt we create onto people not yet born, YOU ARE a democrat.

John Smith
12-08-2012, 10:15 AM

It's likely. He's got a much better chance of winning an election as a party member. His views are nowhere near what the Republican Party believes these days. Much closer to Democratic Party beliefs.

S.V. Airlie
12-08-2012, 10:24 AM
So, does a tiger have orange stripes or black one's? Now they appear to be black. Maybe in four years, they will be orange again. The tiger doesn't change really. His coat is only skin deep.

Curtism
12-08-2012, 12:09 PM

He's an attorney at his brother-in-laws firm as well as a part time instructor at Stetson University College of Law, so he doesn't currently hold a public office. I like him because he proved to be even handed as Governor and, if rumors are found to be true, he will make a worthy opponent to Rick Scott in 2014.

Check back in two years and we'll see how he fared.

Curtism
12-08-2012, 12:17 PM

He was an Independent before this latest switch and, as John Smith points out, his chances of winning an elected office are better with one of the two major party's. One of the reasons he was put out by the Republicans, back when the TEA party was flexing its new-found muscle, is that he was too moderate for their re, er, aggressive agenda.

Curtism
12-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Bad analogy.

The Democratic tent is large enough that somebody like Crist can fit inside, compared to the Republican bivvy sack. Rick Scott better watch out.

Amen to that, particularly now that it's been proven that throwing money at a flawed candidate doesn't necessarily guarantee results. Florida residents have just about had their fill of this latest regime, as evidenced by the rejection of eight of their legislator initiated State Constitutional amendments. You should hear Scott since the whomping in November, you'd swear sugar wouldn't dissolve in that mans mouth.

pefjr
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Amen to that, particularly now that it's been proven that throwing money at a flawed candidate doesn't necessarily guarantee results. Speaking of throwing money, has Obama, with four years of practice, perfected the knuckle ball of dough?

purri
12-09-2012, 04:05 PM
nice teeth.

Willin'
12-09-2012, 04:17 PM
My wife liked him when he MC'd The Price Is Right.... oh wait.

Keith Wilson
12-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Ooooh, doughballs; my favorite! :d The picture is, believe it or not, from friendsofbutter.co.uk (http://www.friendsofbutter.co.uk/)

http://www.friendsofbutter.co.uk/uploads/124212697123617/resize_500_700_crop_500_300_center_center.jpg

Tom Montgomery
12-09-2012, 05:56 PM
You need to do a little of your own research. This man hasn't changed much over the years, but the Republican Party no longer fits his beliefs.

I would like to think that many Republicans, who've been Republicans for a long time would wake up and smell the coffee. This is not my dad's Republican Party. He wouldn't fit in it either. If one believes a woman has a right to choose and access to contraception, if one believes the government does not belong between a patient and the doctor, If you believe all people should be treated equally regardless of race, gender, sexutal orientation et al, if you believe we need to pay for the services we get from the government rather than passing the debt we create onto people not yet born, YOU ARE a democrat.Exactly! And you have described me "to a T."