PDA

View Full Version : Firearms sales skyrocket after Obama's reelection

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Firearms sales skyrocket after election (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/13748-firearm-sales-skyrocket-in-elections-aftermath)

I am feeling a sense of Deja Vu... didn't the same phenomenon occur four years ago?

What is with these fraidy cats? Do they REALLY believe their right to purchase firearms and ammunition is about to be curtailed?

These idiots must belong to the same bunch as my coworker who insisted Obama's reelection would result in a dictatorship.

it is astounding how many morans not only live in the 21st century USA but also VOTE!

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:28 PM
perhaps, Tom... but... it is also hunting season and Christmas is coming

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 06:30 PM
"Skyrocket"

Are you saying the same phenomenon not occur four years ago? Was that also due to the holiday season?

My brother lost a close friend from northeastern Ohio who evolved into a right-wingnut. My brother kept asking him, "Has Obama confiscated your guns yet?" His friend dropped off the radar.

Keep spinning, Phillip. We are all amused.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:32 PM
"Skyrocket"

Keep spinning, Phillip. We are all amused.

temper your raving, Tom

Ian McColgin
11-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Yo Phillip, did you notice who publishes "The New American" ?

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Yo Phillip, did you notice who publishes "The New American" ?

no... NRA? (just guessing)

I didn't notice a link to your reference

Ian McColgin
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Don't be a total jerk Phillip. Tom provided the link to the story which in turn gives you links to The New American ownership, editorials, and all that. Or Google up The New American for yourself. They do not hide or misrepresent their affiliation.

Pretend you're a journalist. Look for yourself.

switters
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
shhhhh, I have a friend who buys into all this and he has taken it a step further and started building his own ammunition. I get a lot of free .357 from this guy and I'm trying to convince him that Obama is going to outlaw .308 next.BY:D

Garret
11-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Yes - the same thing happened 4 years ago & no, it's not because of the holiday season. The bump from 4 years ago lasted for years....

Peter Malcolm Jardine
11-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Yep, there should be a bunch of crazies with guns shooting up the Yuletide season soon. ;)

Garret
11-26-2012, 06:51 PM
shhhhh, I have a friend who buys into all this and he has taken it a step further and started building his own ammunition. I get a lot of free .357 from this guy and I'm trying to convince him that Obama is going to outlaw .308 next.BY:D

Oh - he will - bet on it! Collect all the brass you can for him. Nice move btw!

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:51 PM

I've been building my own since the mid 60's... nothing to do with any politics

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Oh - he will - bet on it! Collect all the brass you can for him. Nice move btw!

it's a mistake to reload for savings... there is some of course but knowing what I know now, I would never have tried to get into it long ago... reloading is it's own reward just like building one's own boat can be

Garret
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
I've been building my own since the mid 60's... nothing to do with any politics

Of course it does! Don't you know the constitution says you have to be a Republican to reload? Republicans Reload, Democrats Deload - that's where the party names came from! Sheesh - I though everyone learned that in American History.

:) :p

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 06:58 PM
LOL!

Taking advantage of a moran.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Of course it does! Don't you know the constitution says you have to be a Republican to reload? Republicans Reload, Democrats Deload - that's where the party names came from! Sheesh - I though everyone learned that in American History.

when I started, Democrats were the only party to be found in any strength in the South... ya might want to think about that

Garret
11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
when I started, Democrats were the only party to be found in any strength in the South... ya might want to think about that

I figured my statement was so obviously inane it didn't need a smiley. Guess it did. I'll add one.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I figured my statement was so obviously inane it didn't need a smiley. Guess it did. I'll add one.

I got it but thought I might bring our intelligencea(sp) up to speed

Garret
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I got it but thought I might bring our intelligencea(sp) up to speed

intelligentsia (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intelligentsia)

Ya know - misspelling the name of a group that is made up of the intelligent might not be the best way to get something across to them..... :p

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 07:18 PM
when I started, Democrats were the only party to be found in any strength in the South... ya might want to think about thatAnd the world has not changed for you in 50 years. No surprise.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
And the world has not changed for you in 50 years. No surprise.

I reload because I like to reload... nope, I guess that pleasure is much the same as it always was... better, really

Cuyahoga Chuck
11-26-2012, 07:33 PM

When you started what?

BrianY
11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Give Obama some credit for boosting the manufacturing, import, chemical, mining and retail sectors of our economy by stimulating gun sales which will in turn stimulate gun manufacture which will in turn stimulate the producers of the raw materials used in the manufacture of the guns and ammunition. Then there's the positive effects on the folks who produce the packing materials and who ship and transport the things Increased gun sales mean more jobs! And with all those guns and ammo out there, there's bound to be a few more "accidents" along the way that will require medical attention so this is going to help boost the medical industry as well. This is clearly a significant economic stimulus program planned by the administration. It's almost certain that Romney's election wouldn't have had the same result.

Face it...With creative approaches like this, Obama's better on stimulating the economy for the middle class than Romney would have been.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
When you tartedd what?

reloading my own... I was 16 now I'm 64

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Give Obama some credit for boosting the manufacturing, import, chemical, mining and retail sectors of our economy by stimulating gun sales which will in turn stimulate gun manufacture which will in turn stimulate the producers of the raw materials used in the manufacture of the guns and ammunition. Then there's the positive effects on the folks who produce the packing materials and who ship and transport the things Increased gun sales mean more jobs! And with all those guns and ammo out there, there's bound to be a few more "accidents" along the way that will require medical attention so this is going to help boost the medical industry as well. This is clearly a significant economic stimulus program planned by the administration. It's almost certain that Romney's election wouldn't have had the same result.

Face it...With creative approaches like this, Obama's better on stimulating the economy for the middle class than Romney would have been.

shaking my head now...

Ian McColgin
11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
So Phillip, are you over your prejudice about liberal bias media enough to get it that the report is about a politically motivated sales bumb that neutral reporters and commentators both left and right have noted? Are agreed that it's political and not really hunting season?

And did you bother to check on The New American?

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
shaking my head now...
Is it about to explode?

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
So Phillip, are you over your prejudice about liberal bias media enough to get it that the report is about a politically motivated sales bump that neutral reporters and commentators both left and right have noted? Are agreed that it's political and not really hunting season?

And did you bother to check on The New American?
Waaay over Phillip's head!

pefjr
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Firearms sales skyrocket after election (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/13748-firearm-sales-skyrocket-in-elections-aftermath)

I am feeling a sense of Deja Vu... didn't the same phenomenon occur four years ago?

What is with these fraidy cats? Do they REALLY believe their right to purchase firearms and ammunition is about to be curtailed?

These idiots must belong to the same bunch as my coworker who insisted Obama's reelection would result in a dictatorship.

it is astounding how many morans not only live in the 21st century USA but also VOTE!You jumped to a lot of conclusions there ..... and deja vu too....uh... never mind, it's probably too late.

Tom Montgomery
11-26-2012, 08:49 PM
You jumped to a lot of conclusions there ..... and deja vu too....uh... never mind, it's probably too late.
Speaking of jumping to conclusions... I take it you never bothered to read the article to which I linked.

That figures.... :rolleyes:

pefjr
11-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Speaking of jumping to conclusions... I take it you never bothered to read the article to which I linked.

That figures.... :rolleyes:Take it and figure it anyway you like, but don't hurt yourself. Conclusion jumping is skyrocketing.

hanleyclifford
11-26-2012, 09:59 PM
One conclusion is clear: a significant number of Americans are sufficiently disturbed by the reelection of Obama that they feel the motivation to augment their arsenals.

John of Phoenix
11-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I got it but thought I might bring our intelligencea(sp) up to speedIf you got it, EVERYBODY got it.

Phillip Allen
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
If you got it, EVERYBODY got it.

you forgot the smiley :)

you guys still fightin?
I've been watching a movie

Waddie
11-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Personally, Obama would love increased gun control, as would most of the Democratic leadership. But it's a no-win issue for that leadership. With the current make-up of the Supreme Court, gun control bills haven't got much of a future. Now if that make-up changes, you will see quite a few gun bills introduced, but only by Democrats in safe, urban districts. Democrat voters in most districts are working class people who like their gun freedoms as much as any Republicans, so such bills will have a difficult time gaining wide sponsorship. But they will be introduced even if they have little chance of passage, to appease the lefty Democrat voters and politicians. Last but not least the 4 million NRA members are active on the political front, and often win races where they support a particular candidate. For most Democrat candidates it isn't worth getting the NRA on their bad side for an issue that's a no win for them anyway. Remember, a lot of those gun sales are being made by or to Democrat voters. Probably the majority of the sales.

So, many Democrat leaders can wish for more gun control, even severe gun bans and restrictions, but with so many gun owning Democrat voters and almost all Republicans opposing them - wishing and enacting are two different things. But they would grab your guns if they could.....

regards,
Waddie

L.W. Baxter
11-26-2012, 11:17 PM
But they would grab your guns if they could...

...and give them to Mexican drug dealers!!!

Waddie
11-26-2012, 11:35 PM
...and give them to Mexican drug dealers!!!

But only to study how they use them......

regards,
Waddie

Gerarddm
11-27-2012, 02:48 AM
Maybe all those gun sales are to the idjits signing secession petitions.

Bah.

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
But only to study how they use them......

regards,
Waddie

it just proves that hilly's ideas are not all 'good'

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 09:38 AM
adding...

all you 'consumers' are missing a valid point: this is a case of consuming to the benefit of the economy... the products get bought but never used... just buried in the back yard... think of the jobs for future hazardous waste clean-ups and the political gotcha points!!!

Joe (SoCal)
11-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Awwww Shucks has ducked Ian's question ELEVEN TIMES in a 40 post thread :rolleyes:. Awww Shuck has taken the time to post 11 times and yet to honestly investigate and answer Ian's question.

Edited to add TWELVE TIMES since he took the time to post while I was posting LOL

Ian McColgin
11-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah, but everyone else gets the gag since "The New American" is a Birch society and pro-gun rag. In this case, the story manages to summarize the actual news without driving its editorial position quite as hard as usual.

I figured that since it's not a source that by any one's imaginative stretch could be viewed as anti-gun, maybe Phillip would have an easier time reading what it said rather than just making stuff up.

But I was wrong.

Joe (SoCal)
11-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Looks like Awww Shucks is attending the FOX NEWS school of avoidance journalism :)

LeeG
11-27-2012, 11:10 AM
A few days ago I got stuck in an unending collection of YouTube clips about "Preppers", "bug out bags" and "bug out guns".

There's a LOT of ammo out there. I have a bug out bicycle with bug out tires and bugout patch kit. We're gonna be like BUGS!

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 11:12 AM
A few days ago I got stuck in an unending collection of YouTube clips about "Preppers", "bug out bags" and "bug out guns".

There's a LOT of ammo out there. I have a bug out bicycle with bug out tires and bugout patch kit. We're gonna be like BUGS!
if you're speaking about the apocalyptic stuff... they are silly... so?

John of Phoenix
11-27-2012, 11:21 AM
the products get bought but never used... just buried in the back yard...How many people do you know or have heard of or read about who buy a gun or ammo and bury it in their back yard? Just in round numbers.

LeeG
11-27-2012, 11:25 AM
if you're speaking about the apocalyptic stuff... they are silly... so?

I was commenting on the amount of ammo that is stockpiled away not so much the WTSHTF characters.

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
How many people do you know or have heard of or read about who buy a gun or ammo and bury it in their back yard? Just in round numbers.

Humor, JOhn, it's humor.... go look under the bed and see if you can find yours

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I was commenting on the amount of ammo that is stockpiled away not so much the WTSHTF characters.

I suspect that if nothing actually happens (Obama or anyone else doing a gun grab) then it will eventually make it's way to yard sales and be used up shooting at tin cans as cheap recreation

botebum
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
I boinked a girl in VT who thought Obama was gonna take our guns.
Even stupid chicks can be good in bed.
Go figure.

Doug

Osborne Russell
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM

Irrelevancy offers a kind of security, eh? Check yourself, brother.

Osborne Russell
11-27-2012, 03:39 PM
I boinked a girl in VT who thought Obama was gonna take our guns.
Even stupid chicks can be good in bed.
Go figure.

A salmon swims upstream to its certain death.

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Irrelevancy offers a kind of security, eh? Check yourself, brother.

it's hardly irrelevant... I used to work in a gun shop... this was the season to actually sell all those guns people had been admiring all summer... bonus time is about here as well
But if you really want to be about Obama, you'll make it so regardless of what I say

Ian McColgin
11-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Gotta love it. The NRA, Birchers, NPR - really everyone agree with the people buying the guns that it's about Obama but Phillip knows better.

BrianM
11-27-2012, 06:13 PM
it is astounding how many morans not only live in the 21st century USA but also VOTE!

I believe that the "Moran" clan has its origins in Ireland and are of hardy stock. Many of them came to the U.S. in the late 1800's and have managed to establish themselves as "American" as they get.. and YES.. they do vote....

Phillip Allen
11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Gotta love it. The NRA, Birchers, NPR - really everyone agree with the people buying the guns that it's about Obama but Phillip knows better.

the simple truth is that it's in between... did you actually not already know that?

Waddie
11-27-2012, 06:49 PM
the simple truth is that it's in between... did you actually not already know that?

I got to go with Phillip on this. There is the knee jerk reaction to having a liberal in the White House that causes some people to buy guns, who might not have otherwise. But I think the more important reason for gun buying is the uncertainty in the world right now. End of world Mayan Calendars, disasters - promoted on the media non stop, Nostradamus, 2012, and of course the urge to hunker down in a time of bad economic news. People start looking to protect their own in times like these. Angst is the main reason gun sales are doing so well.

regards,
Waddie