Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Smith
    • Mar 2009

Football; end of season coming

Who looks good for playoffs and Superbowl?

Giants and Greenbay play tonight, that might influence predictions.

Saints are looking good. Broncos are looking good.

Injuries are hard to predict, but they can influence the outcome: the 17 and O Dolphins did that with their back up quarterback. I'm not sure any of today's contenders could do that.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

Re: Football; end of season coming

The Saints are on God's side, the Broncos are bucking for a licking, Greebay is going to be in the deep freeze, and the Giants are going to be wittled down to size as they were by the Patriots.

Comment

• John Smith
      • Mar 2009

Maybe it's worth while to look at the other end and see what we think about the Jets, Eagles, and other teams that have had pretty poor seasons.

I point out the Jets and Eagles, as I see them every week. Eagles have suffered from a couple of things: Vick has been clobbered a lot, getting very poor protection from his line. He's also fumbled a lot which he can't blame on his line. I don't know how much of this can be laid at the feet of the head coach. Jets just don't seem to generally play very well this year and that might be more the fault of the coach.
      "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• bamamick
        • Nov 2003

The Saints will most likely not make the playoffs. The 0-4 start will make that very difficult. If they could beat the 49ers today it may be a different story, but I see an 8-8 finish, which would not be good enough, most likely.

Since the Saints are the only NFL team I watch, I really don't know about the others. Obviously Atlanta, Houston, New England, and the 49ers look good for playoff spots. Baltimore. I don't know who else.

Mickey Lake
        'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

Comment

• Paul Girouard
          Banned
          • May 2005

Sea-hawks have been a pleasant surprise! The QB Wilson , without RG3 in the way he could be rookie of the year! With a little help from the Saint's today V. 9-ers the Hawks will be right back in the hunt. If they can get past long plane ride to play the Dolphin's .

Comment

• leikec
            • Dec 2009

Go Lions!!!!

Don't even say it, everyone. I already know....

Jeff C
            Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

Comment

• Iceboy
              Frozen Member
              • Feb 2001

Go Pack Go!!!!!
              The best helping hand you will ever receive is the one at the end of your own arm.

Comment

• mariner2k
                • Jan 2002

i second Norm's sentiments....GO PATS!

Comment

• pefjr
                  Humorist
                  • Dec 2008

This week 12 is of 16 then playoffs, then Super Bowl. The season's last 4 or 5 games always produces surprises as injuries pile up. What looks good today is most times different from tomorrow in the last few games. Did anyone mention the Falcons? Their only loss was a narrow one.

Comment

• hanleyclifford
                    low information voter
                    • Jun 2010

It would take some doing for Houston to blow the number 1 seed even though the Patriots should be able to beat them. The rest of their schedule is fairly tame. Baltimore can get #2 if they beat Denver and everything else is equal. Since New England lost to Baltimore hard to see how we get better than 3 or 4, but still a lot of football to play.
                    Conferences at the top level are always courteous. Name calling is left to the foreign ministers. (Averell Harriman)

Comment

• John Smith
                      • Mar 2009

Seems the Giants are back, at least for last night's game.

It seems to me that we've had a great deal more inconsistancy from individual teams than usual.

There have been some key injuries: Pittsburgh was playing with third string QB.

Also seems to me we've had more than usual "strange interceptions" where the ball bounces off receiver's hands and ends up in the defender's hands.

One thing about this game: you never know who's going to get carried off the field. Usually that's a bad thing. Sometimes it brings a Tom Brady onto the field.

I have no team I call my favorite. I enjoy the game when I get to watch. This year's been a bit of watching through interruptions.

I hope games are not decided by injuries or bad calls by officials. Even with replay they happen, but not as often.

Comment

Working...