X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rum_Pirate
    Banned
    • Apr 2007

Obama’s daughter goes on a date

(disclaimer: This was received by email. Rum_Pirate is not the author)
  • Phillip Allen
    • May 2002

Re: Obama’s daughter goes on a date

it's a good funny... quite neutral
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• Keith Wilson
      Trying to be reasonable
      • Oct 1999

God, can you imagine being a teenager growing up in the white house? You go out on a date and a couple of Secret Service agents come along. Oy.
      "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
      for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
        # 7727
        • Dec 2003

If you are tasteless enough to post it , it's yours, jughead. It's a trashy thing to suggest the president would talk like that to a child. I think you should have whatever you are drinking tested for the presence of the dangerous " wanna spill some right-wing trash" virus.

Comment

• TomF
          Recalcitrant Heretic
          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Keith Wilson
          God, can you imagine being a teenager growing up in the white house? You go out on a date and a couple of Secret Service agents come along. Oy.
          There'll be a few things that won't likely happen before 2016, eh?
          If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• LeeG
            • May 2002

Originally posted by Keith Wilson
            No kidding, eight years from child to young adult.

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
              Banned
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Cuyahoga Chuck
              If you are tasteless enough to post it , it's yours, jughead. It's a trashy thing to suggest the president would talk like that to a child. I think you should have whatever you are drinking tested for the presence of the dangerous " wanna spill some right-wing trash" virus.
              Congratulations you always appear, to personally insult me.

It could appear to some that that is cyber-stalking.

Suggest that you should be aware of :
              State/Territory Cyberstalking Cyberharassment
              Ohio Ohio Rev. Code § 2903.211 Ohio Rev. Code §§ 2917.21(A), 2913.01(Y)
              Cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors.
              Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it may generally be defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual.

Rather than report you to the Mods, I just smile at your posts.

I recall Mr Nixon's quotation.

"Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                Ancient Mariner
                • Dec 2006

Don't criticize the President. That is a NO NO don't ya know or should based on the as* Kissers in the bilge. Obama can do no wrong don't ya know?

Comment

• Keith Wilson
                  Trying to be reasonable
                  • Oct 1999

It would be a very brave fifteen-year-old that would ask Malia Obama out. At that age I barely had the courage to ask out a girl who didn't have even one Secret Service agent following her around.
                  Last edited by Keith Wilson; 11-23-2012, 08:23 PM.
                  "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations,
                  for nature cannot be fooled."

Richard Feynman

Comment

• TomF
                    Recalcitrant Heretic
                    • Jun 2003

Gitmo.

No balls to speak of during Health Reform negotiations - you should be having a single payer public option. Did I mention Gitmo? Extending the tax breaks for the wealthy?

Wasn't a big fan of a lot of the negative advertising he did in the campaign either - it sucks, even if it's effective. He shouldn't have done any of it.

Then there's that Gitmo thing.

And as Pless said recently, if Obama rolls over on taxes again, it will make a whole lot of us pretty mad.

Jamie, I understand that it's popular to imagine that people who'd vote for Obama see him as a do-no-wrong Messiah. But it's only popular with a group of the people who didn't vote for Obama ... and not with pretty much any of the ones who support him. We can name a bunch of his flaws ... and do. But even so, he better reflects our intentions than the Boehners and McConnells and Santorums on the other side of things.

To say nothing of Romney ... who himself in the final analysis said, well, nothing.
                    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Mrleft8
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2000

Originally posted by TomF
                      To say nothing of Romney ... who himself in the final analysis said, well, nothing.
                      He didn't even say nothing, well......
                      And I'd be terrified to be the guy who was tapped to go on the first date with either Obama kid..... You gotta wonder what the vetting process must have been like....

Comment

• johnw
                        • Nov 2001

Originally posted by TomF
                        Gitmo.

No balls to speak of during Health Reform negotiations - you should be having a single payer public option. Did I mention Gitmo? Extending the tax breaks for the wealthy?

Wasn't a big fan of a lot of the negative advertising he did in the campaign either - it sucks, even if it's effective. He shouldn't have done any of it.

Then there's that Gitmo thing.

And as Pless said recently, if Obama rolls over on taxes again, it will make a whole lot of us pretty mad.

Jamie, I understand that it's popular to imagine that people who'd vote for Obama see him as a do-no-wrong Messiah. But it's only popular with a group of the people who didn't vote for Obama ... and not with pretty much any of the ones who support him. We can name a bunch of his flaws ... and do. But even so, he better reflects our intentions than the Boehners and McConnells and Santorums on the other side of things.

There's a lot to criticize Obama for -- drone strikes, for example, and an over-optimistic view of how the recession would go that resulted in too small a stimulus -- but you've picked some odd targets here.

Presidents since Theodor Roosevelt have been trying to pass a universal health care bill. Obama finally got one passed, and you think he should have passed a bill that wouldn't have had a chance.

Gitmo -- well, here's what The Guardian said about it:

The move to begin new military trials is a defeat for Obama, who had promised to close Guantánamo within a year of taking office in January 2009 after describing the prison there as damaging to the US. He proposed to try some detainees before civilian courts while others would still face military tribunals but with restrictions on evidence gathered during torture.

But that plan was repeatedly postponed as the administration faced problems finding a prison to house alleged terrorists in the US and in the face of resistance from Congress which, among other things, cut off funds to move the accused men. The US attorney general, Eric Holder, had proposed prosecuting some of those accused of the 9/11 attacks, including Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, in a Manhattan court near Ground Zero. But two weeks ago, Obama signed a bill passed by Congress that blocks the transfer of detainees to the US or foreign countries, effectively preventing closure of the prison at Guantánamo.

The president said he objected to the provisions and would work with Congress to overturn them but that appears unlikely to happen now that the Republicans control the House of Representatives.
                        And as to the extension of the tax cuts, Republicans made that the price of extending unemployment benefits in the midst of a historically severe recession. Obama made a judgment that extending the unemployment benefits was a tradeoff he had to make.

The guy's a politician, not the Messiah. Politics is the art of the possible. Having had a pretty good idea of what's possible, I've not been greatly disappointed. Obama has done reasonably well, which is about all you can expect of a politician.

I realize that in Canada, you don't have a prime minister of one party and a house of commons led by another, which no doubt is why you think our executive branch can accomplish more than it actually can. Our system of government is not widely copied for some very good reasons. It can lead to paralysis.

As for the negative advertising, sure, he should have left all of that to his opponents and let them walk right into the White House, and institute policies he thought would be bad for the country.

As to the op, I'm not offended, but I don't find it all that amusing. Humor is quite culturally bound, and I'm not the target audience. The target audience is people who found it galling that the president would want people to vote for him because of the things his administration accomplished. Had Osama bin Laden been killed on George W. Bush's watch, rummy would be the last person to put up a cartoon with Bush in that position. His feeling that it's funny because it's true comes from who's sitting on the left in the picture, not from the situation itself. I opened the thread hoping for a more universal sort of joke, something about how all fathers feel about their daughter's dates and made ridiculous by the situation of raising girls in the White House.
                        On the trailing edge of technology.

https://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-John-L.../dp/B07LC6Y934

http://www.scribd.com/johnmwatkins/documents

http://booksellersvsbestsellers.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                          • May 2002

Originally posted by Cuyahoga Chuck
                          clam-up, you partisan
                          The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by LeeG
                            No kidding, eight years from child to young adult.
                            how old are those kids right now?

Comment

• Rum_Pirate
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2007

Top Ten Lines to Scare Your Daughter's Boyfriend

So here's my Top Ten list of Lines to Scare the Crap out of your Daughter's Boyfriend:

1. I'm not afraid to go back to prison.
                              2. Come on in, son, let me show you my semi-automatic gun collection
                              3. Bend over and let me attach this GPS tracking unit in the appropriate place
                              4. Did I tell you about the time I fought off an entire platoon of North Vietnamese without a gun?
                              5. Did you know that Brock Lesner is my daughter's Godfather?
                              6. If you behave in a manner unbecoming while you're with my daughter, the authorities won't find your body.
                              7. I love to cook, and one of my favorite utensils is this ten-inch bread knife with the serrated blade.
                              8. Things didn't turn out so well with the last boy that dated my daughter. People tell me that when they see him in public he's always glancing over his shoulder with this terrified look on his face. I wonder if it has anything to do with the family dinner we had with Uncle Vito and the boys?
                              9. We took my daughter's boyfriend, now ex-boyfriend of course, with us one time up to the cabin, but the doctors couldn't fix the injuries from his hunting accident.
                              10. Careful where you sit. Lulu, my pet Burmese python got our of her cage the other day and I haven't been able to find her. She doesn't take too kindly to strangers.

P.S. Don't forget to tell you daughter that you love her.. . . .
                              . . .

Comment

Working...