PDA

View Full Version : My solution to the Palestinians problem

Meli
11-20-2012, 05:03 AM
Sort of armed passive resistance.
just keep blowing holes in the walls along the "border"
yep, just sneak up to a lonely bit of wall, blow the crap out of it and retreat.
sort of an economic war, Hit the settlements without hurting, wander over to pluck a few kilos of your own olives and wander back, till they get sick of repairing the wall

Meli
11-20-2012, 05:22 AM
In Gaza anyone approaching within 150 metres of the barrier wall is shot!
dozens of children have died that way!
In the West Bank, the wall looks like this.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8316/8046653168_33522cfc31.jpg

All sectors of the wall are monitored 24/7 from the guard towers and anyone actually approaching the wall closely is shot!

Do you have any idea of how much explosive that would require and the chances of anyone getting close enough to plant it let alone surviving to

The reality is a little different from your view.

there's no harm in a little optimism is there?
Where there is a wall there is a weakness
just ask the east Berliners
Have you ever read "Where the streets had a name"?
besides, a well aimed rocked would do it
, no need to get close

Paul Pless
11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
besides, a well aimed rocked would do it
, no need to get closeThey've been firing rockets for days, 900 in the last six days, all but three have been intercepted by the American provided missile defense system.

Keith Wilson
11-20-2012, 07:41 AM
The 'solution' would have been massive Gandhian peaceful unarmed nonviolent resistance about 30 years ago. The Israelis (and their supporters abroad) would have been horribly vulnerable to that kind of tactics. I think it's too late for that now, and there are no more solutions left. They may have gone gone down the road of 'an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth' too long, and I see few alternatives to everyone ending up blind and toothless.

Gerarddm
11-20-2012, 01:51 PM
I think you have it right, Keith.

BTW, Iron Dome is not American provided, it was partially financed by the US.

That photo of that wall reminds me of the Krak des Chevaliers.

Paul Pless
11-20-2012, 01:59 PM
BTW, Iron Dome is not American provided, it was partially financed by the US.

Lots of Boeing content in the Rafael built system. And we've paid for more than half of the system.

WX
11-20-2012, 02:04 PM
I wonder how long before they get so paranoid they build it around the entire country? Der Shalom Mauer.

Kaa
11-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I wonder how long before they get so paranoid they build it around the entire country?

...probably around the time the US will complete its wall along the border with Mexico :-D

Kaa

Waddie
11-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Think outside the box, people. The solution is right in front of us. It's clear on any map you look at. We just move the two sides apart. Move Gaza to somewhere in Africa, switch Israel with, say, Florida. No, wait, that might not work...Florida is mostly Jewish anyways. So switch Israel with Cuba. The Palestinians won't give Castro any trouble. And Israel would do well as an island nation - they already are an island of sorts. And they would be closer to their people in Florida.

There, problem solved.

BTW, I think the US federal government should APPROVE the secession requests. Better for everyone involved, and fewer headaches at election time.

regards,
Waddie