PDA

View Full Version : 2004

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
When Americans re-elected GW Bush in '04, I was thrown into the pit of despair.

But the world didn't come to an end. It probably won't end in the next four years, either.

So, if your man lost yesterday, my condolences, but don't sweat it. It's unlikely things will go any worse than GW's second term. We lived through that (well, many of us did, anyway) and most of us will live through this.

Peace.

Uncle Duke
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
What, no song????

Dude.... your fan club is anxious! :d

Concordia 33
11-07-2012, 10:59 AM

But the world didn't come to an end. It probably won't end in the next four years, either.

So, if your man lost yesterday, my condolences, but don't sweat it. It's unlikely things will go any worse than GW's second term. We lived through that (well, many of us did, anyway) and most of us will live through this.

Peace.

Good advice

Osborne Russell
11-07-2012, 11:05 AM
That's what they said about Pompeii.

John of Phoenix
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM

Exactly. The Apocalypse has been delayed for at least four more years (that's assuming we get past 12/20/2012, of course).

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 11:17 AM
What, no song????

Dude.... your fan club is anxious! :d

This is supposed to be an 'appy occasion! Let's not carry on about 'oo killed 'oo!

PhaseLockedLoop
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM

But the world didn't come to an end.

Not for you, anyway.

Phillip Allen
11-07-2012, 11:41 AM
this, I say to anyone who is ever surprised at election results:

if you are surprised then it is because you have been lied to and you believed the lie(s)... not about the current mess, but all along... I am put off by political talk just like the armchair quarterbacking in other' sports... we, as a whole, are fools to believe any of the political talk. That said, the left (having 'won' last night) will not understand until there is another election like in the op, and then they won't remember anyway.

Willin'
11-07-2012, 11:43 AM
At least Obama is carrying the mantle graciously, unlike Mr. Charming's "I've got some political capital now, and I aim to spend it" . The conservatives are getting off easy.

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Not for you, anyway.

I know what you mean. Bush did put an end to the world for some.

Then again, so has Obama. It seems to come with the CIC gig.

Gerarddm
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
It has been so very instructive that Dubya was completely and studiously ignored by the Republicans since he left office. Hell, the president has paid more attention to him.

And that, BTW, is an indicator of why all the talk about Jeb Bush 2016 is just laughing gas happy talk. W has stained the Bush name forever.

pefjr
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Peace.What the voters have done is re-elected the lesser of two evils. 70% of Americans want out of the "Good War", they want a BBA. Will he lead the country in that direction, or will he start a "Better War", more drone use? Obombma has been given another gift like the previous NPP. I think Americans are feeling guilt over their past treatment of AAs, and want to make it all up with handing him a second chance. I have no faith in his leadership, but it coulda been worse. Imagine if it was another Clinton.

Osborne Russell
11-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I know what you mean. Bush did put an end to the world for some.

Then again, so has Obama. It seems to come with the CIC gig.

Ja. Anyvone could see ze Iraqis need to be invaded.

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
...I think Americans are feeling guilt over their past treatment of AAs, and want to make it all up with handing him a second chance...

That's not what happened.

Pathetic, Bud. Pitiable.

B_B
11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
.... Imagine if it was another Clinton.
You would be so lucky!

pefjr
11-07-2012, 06:36 PM
That's not what happened.

Pathetic, Bud. Pitiable.Don't cry for me, America. Write me a song, titled it "I don't need yo tenderness, mercy, nor corn dog hom"". I don't know why , but I had you down for one that needs no ad hom to attempt to level the playing field. I think you posted hastily, unnecessarily, and without wit.

Phillip Allen
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
You would be so lucky!

I can't stand Bill or Hilly... I would fire anyone for taking advantage of emploees and on company time in a company office, as well... but he was a better president than what we have now

John of Phoenix
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Pathetic, Bud. Pitiable.
I don't know why , but I had you down for one that needs no ad hom to attempt to level the playing field. I think you posted hastily, unnecessarily, and without wit.
Pity poor junior. Everything is an "ad hom" to his sensitive sensitivities.

This is the Bilge, junior. If you're going to run down here, quite whining.

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Actually, Bud, I demonstrated admirable restraint.

You went full cracker, man. You should never go full cracker.

pefjr
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Actually, Bud, I demonstrated admirable restraint.

Well, in that case, I commend your camaraderie. Since I have no clue as to what 'full cracker" means, I will assume it's a compliment.:d

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 08:12 PM
Saying that Donovan Mcnabb was overrated because "people want to see a black quarterback do well"? That's cracker.

Suggesting that Obama only won reelection because white people let him win to make up for past sins? That's full cracker.

The white vote went 60-40 for Romney. That's a landslide, in technical terms. It might be more accurate to say that Obama won despite the racial bias white people.

pefjr
11-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Saying that Donovan Mcnabb was overrated because "people want to see a black quarterback do well"? That's cracker.

Suggesting that Obama only won reelection because white people let him win to make up for past sins? That's full cracker.

The white vote went 60-40 for Romney. That's a landslide, in technical terms. It might be more accurate to say that Obama won despite the racial bias white people.Couldn't one also say he won on the strength of Black Racism, so strong it wiped out the white racial bias? BTW I didn't say that was the only reason, I said I am beginning to think it was a factor, a factor as it was in the OJ Trial. It's plainly visible in the Nobel PP, and in the left's obvious partisan bias by condemning Bush, yet condoning Obama's for the same crimes.

Gerarddm
11-07-2012, 08:35 PM
left's obvious partisan bias by condemning Bush, yet condoning Obama's for the same crimes.

There is way more to condemn about W. By a factor.

pefjr
11-07-2012, 08:41 PM
There is way more to condemn about W. By a factor.A thoughtless post.

B_B
11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
A thoughtless post.
You call 'em as you write 'em! :D

L.W. Baxter
11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Couldn't one also say he won on the strength of Black Racism, so strong it wiped out the white racial bias? BTW I didn't say that was the only reason, I said I am beginning to think it was a factor, a factor as it was in the OJ Trial. It's plainly visible in the Nobel PP, and in the left's obvious partisan bias by condemning Bush, yet condoning Obama's for the same crimes.

You could say that. Then again, it is natural, and not necessarily racism per se, for minorities to huddle together, consolidating influence to win a piece of the pie.

As white's lose the power we have wielded as a simple majority in this country, I predict that the white voting block will continue to grow as a percentage of the white population. A few election cycles down the road, it won't be surprising to see the white vote breaking 70/30 or more.

PeterSibley
11-08-2012, 04:25 AM
Couldn't one also say he won on the strength of Black Racism, so strong it wiped out the white racial bias? BTW I didn't say that was the only reason, I said I am beginning to think it was a factor, a factor as it was in the OJ Trial. It's plainly visible in the Nobel PP, and in the left's obvious partisan bias by condemning Bush, yet condoning Obama's for the same crimes.

Fascinating double think there Peffy .

How about he won because a majority of citizens are more worried about the effects of full bore repubicanism, especially so soon after Bush and Cheney, people do remember .

pefjr
11-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Fascinating double think there Peffy .

How about he won because a majority of citizens are more worried about the effects of full bore repubicanism, especially so soon after Bush and Cheney, people do remember .That is what I said, BO represented the lesser of two evils.

pefjr
11-08-2012, 10:51 AM
As white's lose the power we have wielded as a simple majority in this country, I predict that the white voting block will continue to grow as a percentage of the white population. A few election cycles down the road, it won't be surprising to see the white vote breaking 70/30 or more.That depends upon too many factors to predict. White includes all, except Black, and that line is fading fast.